• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That is hilarious. It's like a scene out of the Office! (British one)

AD_Phoenix

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have to say, the highlight for me has to be the sound effects for Leia's smile; it's really gross and hilarious at the same time. Similar to music shreds, there's something satisfying to hear all of the work that has gone into the sound mixing.

Another point to make is that it must have really been that quiet in the scene, especially with the lack of choir or anything similar. Brilliant :)

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points

Interesting. I'd noticed a lot of these before, but about just as many are new to me. I think some are coincidental, or the editor forcing things to fit. Fun, though. Warning: beware of flash frames.

Brumous

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Lucas blew his creative wad on the OT. If he was at 100% on episode 4, he was down to 50% on episode 5 and 20% on episode 6. In the PT he flatlined at 5%.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Brumous said:
. . . he was down to 50% on episode 5 and 20% on episode 6 . . .

50% on episode 05? Empire Strikes Back.
Really?
General consensus regards Empire as the finest.

Brumous

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Vultural said:
50% on episode 05? Empire Strikes Back.
Really?
General consensus regards Empire as the finest.

Yeah, concur that Empire is the better movie in many ways. But I was talking about Lucas's creativity, and so much of Empire was worked out in the development process for episode 4: the Ralph McQuarrie paintings, the special effects processes, the characters, etc. The video shows how in Empire Lucas was already starting to spoof episode 4 and copy his own directorial moves and dialogue. Thank goodness he brought in a new director and screenwriters for Empire or else it would have been even more derivative and pandering.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Brumous said:
Yeah, concur that Empire is the better movie in many ways. But I was talking about Lucas's creativity, and so much of Empire was worked out in the development process for episode 4: the Ralph McQuarrie paintings, the special effects processes, the characters, etc. The video shows how in Empire Lucas was already starting to spoof episode 4 and copy his own directorial moves and dialogue. Thank goodness he brought in a new director and screenwriters for Empire or else it would have been even more derivative and pandering.
[MENTION=17386]Vultural[/MENTION] much of Empire actually came from Irvin Kershner, Gary Kurtz and Lawrence Kasdan. Lucas took more control of the reigns again with ROTJ because he didn't like their ideas for Empire (killing Han, Lando, etc) but we all know that shows... (damn Ewoks!).

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ It was funny, then it got annoying, then it got really funny again! :lol:

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is a pretty good argument for a theory that Boba Fett slaughtered Owen and Beru. http://www.tor.com/blogs/2014/10/star-wars-conspiracy-theory-boba-fett-owen-beru-lars

• If we’re going by Obi-Wan’s analysis of Stormtrooper shooting style... Well, Boba Fett was the prototype for Stormtroopers.
  • Boba Fett was also right nearby, at Mos Eisley overseeing Jabba the Hutt’s little talk with Han Solo.
  • Darth Vader clearly wanted those droids found. Who’s to say Empire Strikes Back was the first time he hired bounty hunters?
  • Despite his tendency, as Anakin Skywalker, to slaughter people like animals, Vader is much choosier about who he kills. Especially hostages who could provide information, like his stepbrother Owen.
  • When Vader gives the instructions to the bounty hunters in Empire, he stops in front of Boba Fett and clearly says, “You are free to use any methods necessary, but I want them alive... No disintegrations.” See! Vader won’t make the same mistake twice.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That makes an absurd amount of sense. Somebody should use this idea in a fanedit. Work in a shot of Fett jetpacking away from the moisture farm in the background or something.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Two problems:

1) Relies on both SE and PT
2) Depends on disintegration from a certain point of view

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is cute... and that last number a bit prophetic:

... but while I haven't seen much of The Muppet Show, I have a hard time believing those Swine Trek skits were ever funny.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
... but while I haven't seen much of The Muppet Show, I have a hard time believing those Swine Trek skits were ever funny.

How...dare you?

Pigs in Space is a classic.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ In that case, it shouldn't be too hard to find one of their better bits on youtube? Post away, please (if you like). ;)

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ That got better the further it got from the space and pigs aspect. I've never been that fond of Piggy, and the other pigs don't interest me nearly as much as the other Muppets. *shrug*

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I love the Muppets dearly, but with The Muppet Show (as with all variety shows and sketch-comedy series), the individual installments can often be hit or miss. I often enjoy the movies more than the TV show. And compilation specials are great for distilling things down to the best moments.

So while I like the concept of Pigs in Space, and it could sometimes be very funny, I find that it doesn't make me laugh as much as an adult as it did when I was younger.

The Star Wars episode may be the peak of that concept, as it could be integrated into the entire storyline in an interesting way.

Here's another bit, an atypical entry that just features Link interacting with John Cleese:

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Yeah... not buying, sorry. It just befuddles me that of all the possible recurring sketches the show could have done (and maybe did do, I dunno) - a noir private eye office, a Wild West town, Ancient Greece, whatever - they decided to make soporific swine in a dull space set such a hallmark of the show. I simply don't approve... ;)

Top Bottom