• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can't keep these sites straight. Luckily, I don't care to.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Leaked photo from the new movie:
4698914568_f7cd2e4627_z.jpg

Source

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So even after 15 years of poking holes in The Phantom Menace, my stepson managed to catch one yesterday that I had never caught before!

Qui-Gon saves Jar Jar from Boss Nass specifically for the purpose of having Jar Jar be his navigator through the planet core (nnnggh). Then when they're in the underwater ship, there's an exchange where Jar Jar asks how they're going to get to the city when they don't know the way. Qui-Gon's response: "The Force will guide us."

???? Why did Qui-Gon bring Jar Jar as a navigator if Jar Jar didn't know the way? If he was intending to let the Force guide them all along, what was the point?

It's hilarious how awful this script is. None of the other characters ever fulfill the function that they're supposed to. Jar Jar isn't a navigator; C-3P0, the language expert, never translates any languages in this or any of the other prequels; R2-D2 is brought along on Tattooine supposedly to show the ship's schematics to the junk dealers, but then just wanders aimlessly around the shop while Qui-Gon does business with Watto; the Jedi Council says that they'll use every resource to find the Sith Lord but then send Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan out to do it themselves; etc., etc., etc.

Seriously, did no one even read the script? Certainly George didn't. He must have knocked this one out on one morning before lunchtime and never looked back.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
So even after 15 years of poking holes in The Phantom Menace, my stepson managed to catch one yesterday that I had never caught before!

Qui-Gon saves Jar Jar from Boss Nass specifically for the purpose of having Jar Jar be his navigator through the planet core (nnnggh). Then when they're in the underwater ship, there's an exchange where Jar Jar asks how they're going to get to the city when they don't know the way. Qui-Gon's response: "The Force will guide us."

???? Why did Qui-Gon bring Jar Jar as a navigator if Jar Jar didn't know the way? If he was intending to let the Force guide them all along, what was the point?

I was always under the impression that the navigator thing was just an excuse; Qui Gon wanted to save Jar Jar from the punishment that was in store for him if he were to remain in the Gungan city; he did violate the terms of his exile, after all.

Come to think of it... Qui-Gon trained Dooku. He defied the council and got Obi-Wan to train Anakin against their wishes. And he needlessly saved Jar Jar from execution. He's just as bad as Palpatine... from a certain point of view.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anyone know of a good clear picture of Luke's x34 landspeeder dashboard, including the steering wheel and gauges (if any)?

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yep for the edit, I just want a photo to look at for basic reference so I can kitbash the dashboard. It's hard to see in the movie.

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The closest I can come is this video of the model. I'm not sure it has much of a dashboard though: there doesn't seem to be much more than a steering wheel.

"[/video]

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
so I can kitbash the dashboard.

Sounds almost like something Adywan would do...maybe he has reference shots? Might be worth a message...

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Has anyone read this?
About dropping Episode I from the Machete Order, he makes a lot of good points, especially about the 'knowing Anakin as a little boy' reference in Episode II, which would imply to the viewer they've known each other since childhood, given their similar age.

http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order/

Does anyone think, based on this, it would be possible to edit the movies together, in a similar way to Renascent, but using the Machete Order as base? Simply trim Episodes IV and V, Merge II and III and trim the fat, dialogue etc, and then trim VI again.

Thoughts? I would imagine emanswfan his work to bring the PT closer to the OT visually would best suit this type of fanedit.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
matrixgrindhouse said:
Come to think of it... Qui-Gon trained Dooku. He defied the council and got Obi-Wan to train Anakin against their wishes. And he needlessly saved Jar Jar from execution. He's just as bad as Palpatine... from a certain point of view.

YES! And since Jar Jar helped Palpatine rise to power, it really is all Qui-Gon's fault! I love this theory! :)

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:
Has anyone read this?
About dropping Episode I from the Machete Order, he makes a lot of good points, especially about the 'knowing Anakin as a little boy' reference in Episode II, which would imply to the viewer they've known each other since childhood, given their similar age.

http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order/

Clarification, you can't drop Episode I from The Machete Order, because it's already gone. That's what makes it Machete.

JEDIT:
http://www.fanedit.org/forums/showthread.php?6956-Star-Wars-Machete-Order

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know that, but I'm just saying he makes some valid points as to why you can drop Episode I without creating conflict or plot holes in the overall structure of the franchise :) You can drop the entire PT as well you know ;-) That's the 'screw-your-prequels-Lucas!' order :lol:

Top Bottom