• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The young eighties is something I never experienced, but I had been told as a child that there would be a sequel trilogy following the prequels. My thought was "why do I have to wait so long?" And then I learned in 03 or 04 that there would be no sequel trilogy. The day I found that out was one of the sadder days in my life. Now, about a decade later, it's finally happening, and I'm beside myself. I absolutely cannot wait.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm not clicking on any more of your links until you provide commentary on them. Naming your favorite hamburger joint or 70's sitcom doesn't count.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
First trailer is out.... I dunno, looks even more cartoony than Clone Wars and I keep thinking of how Disney ruined the AVENGERS cartoon series.... :-o

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, I wasn't much interested in the Clone Wars CG show, but did always respect their intentionally blocky, Thunderbirds-esque character designs, and am not yet sold on these rounder specimens. 'Course, I love the ReBoot characters designs, and they had rounded features, but for some reason - maybe the fact that they shied away from using any skin tones that real humans have - they looked better than what I'm seeing here so far.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's funny, I had the opposite reaction. I couldn't stand the ugly, blocky look of the Clone Wars cartoons. I think they might have gone for the Thunderbirds-esque look just because they couldn't do any better, so they pretended it was intentional.

I actually tried an experiment recently. I listened to a few episodes of Clone Wars on Netflix without looking at the image. Without seeing the garbage animation, I enjoyed the episode much more. The dialogue is so obvious and so on-the-nose, I could still completely tell what was going on. And the voice acting, the only part of the show that really works, was still wonderful.

I enjoy the designs of these characters much, much more, and the trailer has the look and feel of vintage Star Wars to it. I hope it's as good as it looks!

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think it looked pretty neat. I never watched Clone Wars and I probably won't watch this but I don't mind the look.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rephrasing what I already said at OT.com:
The CG does not look as good as The last seasons of Clone Wars (hell, even not as good as the first season). Not talking about design here but more about the rendering of the shadows, the contrast and the overall ambiance. I know they are heading for something more like old school MacQuarries but I'm not impressed so far.
Also the characters look like replacements for Han, Luke, Chewie and R2.

I'll still watch it cause I'm a SW fan and I'm pleased that I gave the chance to Clone Wars when I was not impressed by it either at he beginning.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
5mKy2p1.jpg

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I thought someone said that the Fett movie was an old false rumor, just few days ago. And now it comes back?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As far as I know, they are definitely trying for a Fett movie, but have had development issues (because it is a terrible idea...). I think it's still very likely we'll see a Fett-focused movie.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What do we know about Max Von Sydow's role? Anything?

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
His character's name is Sy-Von Maxdow.

Haha, even Maxvon Sy-Dow would do fine as a Star Wars name.

Top Bottom