• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The page does not open. Fucking to many people online. FUCKing fuck.
have to check elsewhere.

(fuck)

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
star-wars-17.jpg

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Star Wars dot com must be getting a lot of traffic.

Here's the cast for those who want to know:
Oscar Isaac, Adam Driver, John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Domhnall Gleeson, Max von Sydow, Andy Serkis, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fischer, Harrison Ford, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, and Peter Mayhew.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
:)
Let repost that amazing picture on this new page!

star-wars-17.jpg

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Billy Dee? Lupita Nyong'o? Always one there is. No more, no less.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
Max Von Sydow!?!?!?!?!?!?! DUDE!!!! MAX VON SYDOW IN STAR WARS!!!!! This is awesome!!!!
lW9YLko.gif

Lucas originally pitched Star Wars as a modernized Flash Gordon. And now, we have Ming! I'm still holding out hope for those Hugo Weaving Imperial Officer rumors, but I can live with this cast. Very nice.

Also, I just love R2-D2 being let out of his crate for the table read. I wonder what's in those other crates back there? Ark of the Covenant, perhaps?

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wait, Serkis?! I mean, great, obviously, but... didn't see that one coming, is all. :)

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
Wait, Serkis?! I mean, great, obviously, but... didn't see that one coming, is all. :)

Actually, Andy Serkis is playing the role of old Luke Skywalker, while everyone else in the cast will be playing full-body motion-capture cgi-aliens.

Source

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I definitely think the most intriguing names are Von Sydow, who lends instant gravitas to just about anything, and Serkis, who I kind of hope isn't doing mocap for a change. He is obviously the undisputed king of that, but what I think far too few people realize is just what an amazing actor he is even without the CGI add-ons. People may have seen him as pre-Gollumized Smeagol in flashbacks in ROTK or as the cook in King Kong, but that's about it. I have a DVD I got for one of my grad school classes of him with Daniel Craig and Dougray Scott in a 17th century play by Aphra Behn, and he blows both of them away.

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So, this is tragic but true.

http://badassdigest.com/2014/04/29/...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I especially like this line:

This film introduces eight major new characters to the saga...but only one of them is a woman. And the law of storytelling averages shows us that her role in this film will, in some capacity, be as a love interest to one of the seven men.

Clearly the plot will involve Max von Sydow that he, and not the female, is the fairest one of all.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I love the Von Sydow casting. I'm assuming he's playing a villain. But I kind of hope not. If he is a pivotal bad guy ine would have to assume he won't be counted on for all three films. Not to be morbid but he woukd be in his 90s by the time the third movie films. One huge problem with the PT imo was the new bad guy every movie thing.

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know a lot of people had been hoping Billy Dee Williams would return. I wouldn't be surprised (and would be very pleased) if Lando does show up. I also wonder whether we'll see Denis Lawson return; it just wouldn't feel right without Wedge being around in some capacity (General Antilles, perhaps?)...

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I still can't believe we live in a world where Episode 7 is now in production. Have dreamed this could be true since the early 80's. Wow. I wonder if Lucas will now complete his impressive back flipping and state that of course there are 9 movies, he's planned it all along!

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hebrides said:
I know a lot of people had been hoping Billy Dee Williams would return. I wouldn't be surprised (and would be very pleased) if Lando does show up. I also wonder whether we'll see Denis Lawson return; it just wouldn't feel right without Wedge being around in some capacity (General Antilles, perhaps?)...

Just gave a swift glance at IMBD - no update for Lawson or "Wedge"
Would be a nice nod.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Vultural said:
Just gave a swift glance at IMBD - no update for Lawson or "Wedge"
Would be a nice nod.

I at least expect a reference to an Admiral Antilles or some such.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
njvc said:
I still can't believe we live in a world where Episode 7 is now in production. Have dreamed this could be true since the early 80's.

dude, i didn't think you were that old. you hide your age well. :)
i was also dreaming the dream since empire.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:
njvc said:
I still can't believe we live in a world where Episode 7 is now in production. Have dreamed this could be true since the early 80's. Wow. I wonder if Lucas will now complete his impressive back flipping and state that of course there are 9 movies, he's planned it all along!
dude, i didn't think you were that old. you hide your age well. :)
i was also dreaming the dream since empire.

One of my earliest memories (From the early 80s too) is of my older brother (10 years older) telling me the rumour that there were 9 Star Wars films and how that revelation blew my mind! :)

Top Bottom