• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm all for the focus on the original trilogy characters. In recent years, we've seen stuff like The Expendables movies, Die Hard 4, Rambo 4, and to a lesser extent Tron Legacy; aging heroes can still be just as heroic as they were back in the day. The idea of having a new adventure with the old favorites has me thrilled to no end. I'm sure they'll do a nice passing of the torch and set up the new people for the rest of the trilogy, and we'll get fresh stuff all the same. Also, Hugo Weaving as an Imperial Officer? He's perfect.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
matrixgrindhouse said:
I'm all for the focus on the original trilogy characters. In recent years, we've seen stuff like The Expendables movies, Die Hard 4, Rambo 4, and to a lesser extent Tron Legacy; aging heroes can still be just as heroic as they were back in the day. The idea of having a new adventure with the old favorites has me thrilled to no end. I'm sure they'll do a nice passing of the torch and set up the new people for the rest of the trilogy, and we'll get fresh stuff all the same.

Or we could end up with Star Trek Generations.

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the mention, Mr. President! ;)

I'm slowly going through the whole movie, this time taking terminology notes from the beginning, not 3/4 of the way through. I'm looking at context and such to try and figure out what they could mean by certain things. I need to get 'cuckoldry' into one of them!

Is there anything in particular from Backstroke that amuses you to the point of wanting to use it in ROTR?

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Don't know, the whole thing makes my head spin!

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
Or we could end up with Star Trek Generations.
Hey, that's my favorite Trek movie! That'd be great, then! :-D

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
To quote John McEnroe...you cannot be serious!

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh, it's not better than TWOK, but I'll always be a TNG guy at heart, and it doesn't ruin the Borg, isn't totally boring and a frivolous lark during a time of terrible war, and isn't depressingly grimdark. Also, I love that in the historic meeting of Kirk and Picard, Shatner's going full ham on Stewart, blowing him off, and making him cook eggs for him. It's just awesome.

Also, no disrespect to Montalban, but McDowell is the best villain of all the films.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
Also, no disrespect to Montalban, but McDowell is the best villain of all the films.

kanye-west-taylor-swift-2-o.gif

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Harrison Ford Reddit AMA Highlights.

I ones I thought were particularly funny and/or good answers:

Is Deckard a replicant:

I think that it’s a wonderful storytelling mechanism for that question to be left unanswered. I love that people are still curious about it.

Prefer playing Han or Indy:

I think Indiana Jones was a lot of fun to do because of the places we went to and the adventures and the action. But Han Solo was also a huge part of my life.

What was it like working on Anchorman 2:

It was goofy. I hadn’t seen Anchorman, it was only one day’s work, and I knew that it was very popular, and I admired the talents of the people involved, so I went to do it and had a great time, I enjoyed it. I still haven’t seen it though.

Why does he hate to be interviewed:

Oh no, in most cases, those guys are so talented and so funny. I don’t hate it at all, in fact it’s interesting you would think that because I usually have a really good time. I’m there to bring attention to some project that’s about to be released, and it’s great to be able to take advantage of that to bring attention to bring attention to the film.

Who shot first, Han or Greedo:

I don’t know and I don’t care.

Han Solo or Indiana Jones in a fight:

The promoter would win.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Side note:

Don't know if true but:
"Ingruber will play the role of young William in the movie The Age of Adaline. Harrison Ford is playing the old William. The movie is being filmed right now"

If true (IMDB is not listed him right now on this movie), I think that Anthony Ingruber is getting closer and closer to play Han Solo in a stand alone SW.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So I am assuming that Star Wars Expanded Universe novels that Lucas kept such maniacal creative control over will be null and void with the new trilogy? I only ever read the Thrawn Trilogy, which I enjoyed. I thought the Mara Jade character was a nice addition.
But being more of Trek novel guy, I could never make the commitment needed to the SW bookverse.

For those you have read the many, many, many novels, any thoughts or feelings on the Expanded Universe?

Top Bottom