• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

Hymie

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Seems about right. I don't read any of the books so I was merely hypothesizing, but that seems like the most logical way around the problem.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Since Fox released a box set just two years ago, I can't fathom what the point of this release is.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Probably just a repackaged set, nothing fancy. Now, if they were to include 1080p versions of the unaltered theatrical cuts, that'd really be something.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anthony Daniels, Ian McDiarmid, Carrie Fisher, all replaying Star Wars scene on stage at celebartion 7. Could be uselful for faneditors to get alternative, or funny lines.

ghouldetail

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
Since Fox released a box set just two years ago, I can't fathom what the point of this release is.

I'm guessing it's one last chance to get some more cash out of the existing SW movies before the rights go to Disney

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, Fox has the rights until 2020. And if they're trying to ride on the coattails of Ep. VII, it seems like re-releasing it in late '14/early '15 would make more sense.

Oh, well. It doesn't really affect me whatever they do! :)

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Complete seasons 1-5 box set of Clone Wars to be released in october comes with an AWFUL ARTWORK...

ACW_IA_115357-560x622.jpg

I mean wow...

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
After several people told me to give Clone Wars a chance ("It gets really good by season 3!"), I finally caved. Holy shit. I mean, wow. I've only watched a couple episodes in season one but it is God awful. The dialog, mostly that of the stupid droids, is like nails on a chalkboard. Who in their right mind thought that this was good idea? If the droids didn't talk the show would be tolerable, but man . . . this is just painful to watch. I don't know if I can stomach all 22 episodes of seasons one and two to get to what is "good".

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, you can't escape the "Roger Roger" droids, lol. (although there are a LOT of episodes without any of them in sight. I can't remember them being that present in the last seasons).
But, let's take an exemple of how good the show improves: a lot of people, including myself, could not stand the character of Ashoka Tano at the beginning of the series. But guess what, by the end it's almost the best character of the series.
The story arcs of certain characters are very interesting. Some ideas, that you could think would be completely idiot on paper, works quite well in the format of this CGI TV-series.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just skip to season 3 then. The episodes are barely in chronological order anyway.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Or don't watch it. You don't have to, I swear.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
"I have a sneaking suspicion that if there were a way to make movies without actors, George Lucas would do it."

- Mark Hamill

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
man that ugly clone wars box really made me happy for not waiting together and buying the blu ray sets individually

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm glad that someone took the time and effort to put that together. But honestly, what was Lucasfilm thinking, releasing the episodes on TV in the order that they did? How was anyone supposed to have a clue that Season 2, episode 16, was actually the first episode of the series? Were they drunk when they sent the episodes out in the order that they did?

P.S. I'm not getting what the big deal is with the box art. It looks just as bad as any other art from the show.

Top Bottom