• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

mrbenja0618

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
Just finished watching Clone Wars season 5 and (without any spoiler)...
I make a 180 degres turn: BRING US A SIXTH SEASON NOW, YOU MUTHAFUCKERS!!!

I kid, I kid, but damn, if the first part of the season was very pleasant and fun, those last 6 or 7 episodes were total killers.
Best Star Wars ever since 1983, IMO.

Completely agree. Heck, the last shot of the last episode was note perfect... But it does promise more.... And I want more... Even if it's standalone TV movies. I need some closure.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
Just finished watching Clone Wars season 5 and (without any spoiler)...
I make a 180 degres turn: BRING US A SIXTH SEASON NOW, YOU MUTHAFUCKERS!!!

I kid, I kid, but damn, if the first part of the season was very pleasant and fun, those last 6 or 7 episodes were total killers.
Best Star Wars ever since 1983, IMO.

There was some really good stuff in there, certainly. I enjoyed the final arc (for the most part), and I need to go back and watch the arc just before it, because apparently a lot of important characters' fates were sealed in that story.

Hymie

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Honestly, I think the Clone Wars show ended pretty well. There's some closure about questions, but also plenty of room for you to make up your own ideas on what happened to characters.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
The quote from Seth Green was from a clip from an L.A. radio show. He specifically said, "We have almost 40 episodes completely finished."

Disney Exec (exiting a screening room after a day of marathon viewing): "Wipe them out... all of them."

:p

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ROTFL!!! If that's exactly how it happened, I would actually feel much better about the whole thing. :)

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
damn. now i'm evenmore excited for clone wars than before

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hymie said:
Honestly, I think the Clone Wars show ended pretty well. There's some closure about questions, but also plenty of room for you to make up your own ideas on what happened to characters.

Most of them die. The end.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
(gasp) Gaith! You need to add spoiler space before you post something like that! The next thing you know, you'll be telling everyone that Anakin Skywalker becomes Darth V... Oops.

:p

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
You've been watching Robot Chicken again, haven't you, g1? :D

(For those who haven't seen it, the crucial bit of the clip is between 1:23 and 1:53.)

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes i have :p
darth-darth-binks-jar-jar-binks-tur.jpg

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ This was discussed at OT.com and most people think it's a fake.
Time will tell.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
At least one movie a year is working just fine for the MCU, and that's in tandem with other Marvel movies...

... So, I don't see the problem. Besides, in terms of minutes of product, one movie a year is far less Star Wars than a Clone Wars season.

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Somehow, when used an animated GIF rather than a still, that looks distinctly dodgy.

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
meh... i hate that they are going the marvel approach...

sure star wars has lost its sway a bit... but a movie a year.. what do they want to tell?
i don't want a boba spinoff and a han solo spinoff and see episode VIII as a "teamup" movie. give me a good working solid trilogy with working characters and screw spinoff movies that don't push the story further and are just there to fill time

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
At least one movie a year is working just fine for the MCU, and that's in tandem with other Marvel movies...

... So, I don't see the problem. Besides, in terms of minutes of product, one movie a year is far less Star Wars than a Clone Wars season.
First of, you cant really compare a TV show with Movies. They are 2 different things.
And Because it works for Marvel, that doesn't mean it can work for star wars too.
The Marvel movies had a purpose and a reason behind them. they were introductions for very different from each other super heroes, and they they were building towards a grand team up and one epic movie.
For Star Wars the approach doesn't really fit for me. I am sure the spin off movies will be about more known, established characters, and not about the new episode 7 characters. It wouldn't make sense money wise. So you will have Episode 7, then an unrelated young Han solo spin off or whatever, then episode 8, then a boba fett spin off, then episode 9..... One every year. It feels overkill too me. Its too much star wars. I much Prefer the George Lucas way. A movie every 3 years, building excitement, anticipation, and not making the people tired of them.
I am not saying that all those movies will be bad or anything, but it was a risk from marvel to go with such an approach and it was building towards something bigger. I just cant see those spin offs and the "one movie every year" building towards something bigger, and not being anything more than just quick cash ins.

Top Bottom