• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Other than "Alderbran", this is absolute genius.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ That was great. :D

But remember:
as much as it is silly to think there are conspiracies everywhere, is it also silly to think there are none...

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Why they can't see the market potential for innovative original games like Battlefront 3 is beyond me. If I understand that article correctly, does this mean their only game releases will be product tie ins with the movies?

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
njvc said:
Why they can't see the market potential for innovative original games like Battlefront 3 is beyond me. If I understand that article correctly, does this mean their only game releases will be product tie ins with the movies?
It means that they will not be making any games at all, and they will instead licence their properties to other companies to make games for them.
I don't really see what all the big fuss is about this news. LucasArts has been pretty much dead this last console generation. The only really noteworthy stuff they made were the 2 Force Unleashed games. 1st on was okish, second one was crap, and pretty much killed that series.
A faaaaar cry from their glory days in the 90ies where they were making classic adventure games, one after another.
They were on life support for a long time and simply someone finally decided to pull the plug out.

theslime

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Agreed. No big loss. They were amazing once, and made several of my favourite games of all time, but it's almost better that they get put out of their misery at this point.

Btw, nice (and appropriate!) Max avatar, g1orkatsos. :)

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
g1orkatsos said:
I don't really see what all the big fuss is about this news. LucasArts has been pretty much dead this last console generation. The only really noteworthy stuff they made were the 2 Force Unleashed games. 1st on was okish, second one was crap, and pretty much killed that series.
A faaaaar cry from their glory days in the 90ies where they were making classic adventure games, one after another.
They were on life support for a long time and simply someone finally decided to pull the plug out.

What bugs me more than anything is Disney's overall handling of the Star Wars property than any one particular thing.

For instance, why did Disney cancel Battlefront III even though it was already completed? That makes so little sense and is such a lose-lose scenario that I can't even fathom it.

Disney also canceled the 3-D re-releases. While I'm not going to miss Ep. II and III, I really wanted a 3-D re-release of the OT.

Then they canceled Clone Wars and Detours -- again, not that big in and of itself, but it all starts to stack up.

Disney promised us great things when they took over the Star Wars brand. Right now, though, all they're doing is canceling everything under the sun. When are they going to start giving us cool stuff?

When Lucas sold the company, he said that one of the big selling points that he used to Disney was that there were already multiple production outlets. Whatever Disney wanted to do -- movies, comic books, video games, novels, animated TV -- there was already a division of the company set up to do that for Disney. Those branches just needed to be pointed in the right direction. But the Mouse House, it seems, has no interest in doing anything except layoffs, layoffs, layoffs.

If Disney didn't like the direction that LucasArts has been taking over the past few years, why not install someone new in charge and have them make the kinds of games that Disney wants, rather than just firing everyone?

And I understand it takes a while to get the new things up to speed, but not releasing Battlefront III and not finishing the episodes of Clone Wars that were already close to completion -- that just makes no sense to me.

OK, rant over for now. :)

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
and not finishing the episodes of Clone Wars that were already close to completion

What I understood is that there'll surely be some Clone Wars episodes that will see the light of day in the future, but not as regular parts of a "season", more like specials, from time to time. Not sure about that, but that's what I thought I read.

Anyway. Me I don't bother too much that they put Star Wars on hold for a year or two if they need it to focus on the new stuffs (and if the new stuffs are good, of course). I stopped playing video games in the late 90's though, so I'm biased on this matter, haha.

What I hope is this: they think the new stuffs is so awesome that they don't need to focus more on PT, clone wars, EU video games or Detours OT nostalgia etc.

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
What I understood is that there'll surely be some Clone Wars episodes that will see the light of day in the future, but not as regular parts of a "season", more like specials, from time to time. Not sure about that, but that's what I thought I read.

Anyway. Me I don't bother too much that they put Star Wars on hold for a year or two if they need it to focus on the new stuffs (and if the new stuffs are good, of course). I stopped playing video games in the late 90's though, so I'm biased on this matter, haha.

What I hope is this: they think the new stuffs is so awesome that they don't need to focus more on PT, clone wars, EU video games or Detours OT nostalgia etc.

yeah right now disney is mordor during two towers... the oliphaunts are going to the gate and everybody shouts "sauron! i want to have the olphaunt now!" ... and in two years the disney castle will light up like minas morgul and mickey mouse will unleash its army of star wars unto the world!

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
For instance, why did Disney cancel Battlefront III even though it was already completed? That makes so little sense and is such a lose-lose scenario that I can't even fathom it.
Actually You are sort of wrong here. Battlefront 3 was canceled twice, but that happened much before the Disney buyout (the almost complete version you were talking about was one of those 2 i mentioned). The Star Wars First Assault game that was canceled along with 1313, was more of a small downloadable game, that was made to test the waters for a full scale Battlefront 3 later down the road. Now, if there was a third attempt starting along with that game, that's another thing. But i doubt it was really that far into production.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Also the fact that 150 people lost their jobs. That sucks balls. Now of course they probably knew it was coming. After Disney bought LucasFilm I met a guy who worked at LucasFilm and I asked how he felt about the merger. His response, "I've already started looking for another job." But still, can't be good for all them.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:

Yeah, there are still a few episodes we'll see, but if I understand right, there are some ongoing story arcs that are just going to have to be abandoned. I don't need (or want) the show to run for another three years or anything, but I'd like the producers to have the chance to set up what they paid off.

And about Detours--I assumed that only a bit of test footage, maybe an episode or two, had been completed. According to Dave Filoni on Rebel Force Radio this week, there have been 40 episodes produced already!

Question: Why has Lucasfilm been sitting on these episodes? If they were good, why not let us see them; if they were bad, why not stop long before 40 episodes?

And this just further shows Disney's desire to flush anything and everything down the toilet even if it's completed.

g1orkatsos said:
Actually You are sort of wrong here. Battlefront 3 was canceled twice, but that happened much before the Disney buyout (the almost complete version you were talking about was one of those 2 i mentioned). The Star Wars First Assault game that was canceled along with 1313, was more of a small downloadable game, that was made to test the waters for a full scale Battlefront 3 later down the road. Now, if there was a third attempt starting along with that game, that's another thing. But i doubt it was really that far into production.

Hmm, I'm not sure. You've followed it more closely than I have, so I guess you're right. I'm just going off of what I heard on Rebel Force Radio, which is extremely accurate and has many inside connections. They connected the loss of Battlefront III to Disney somehow. But it's also possible I'm remembering part of it wrong.

Lastly, this is too wonderful not to share:

34999_507029686026618_1839968472_n.jpg

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
And about Detours--I assumed that only a bit of test footage, maybe an episode or two, had been completed. According to Dave Filoni on Rebel Force Radio this week, there have been 40 episodes produced already!

There is absolutely no way they have 40 episodes produced. That would mean, somehow, they managed to hire actors, produce, direct, edit, etc. nearly two seasons. No way. They may have 40 episodes WRITTEN but no way they're actually shot.

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 said:
There is absolutely no way they have 40 episodes produced. That would mean, somehow, they managed to hire actors, produce, direct, edit, etc. nearly two seasons. No way. They may have 40 episodes WRITTEN but no way they're actually shot.
Likely, considering they had like a 100 episodes written of that live action tv series that never happened.
Though i suspect that the have done the voice-work for a considerable amount of them

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 said:

The quote from Seth Green was from a clip from an L.A. radio show. He specifically said, "We have almost 40 episodes completely finished."

You can hear it for yourself at about 1 hour and 42 minutes in on the Apr. 5 episode of this podcast:

http://www.shotglassdigital.com/release_category/rebelforceradio/

Honestly, whaddya think, I make this stuff up, people? LOL!

It's worth noting that Clone Wars also had a season or two worth of episodes completed before it started airing.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm getting my shows mixed up. :) I thought you were talking about the live action Star Wars show, not that Seth Green animated one. My bad.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Heh! No worries. There are so many uncompleted Lucasfilm projects right now, it's hard to keep them all straight. :lol:

You're absolutely right about the live-action series. 50 scripts have been written; no footage has been shot.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just finished watching Clone Wars season 5 and (without any spoiler)...
I make a 180 degres turn: BRING US A SIXTH SEASON NOW, YOU MUTHAFUCKERS!!!

I kid, I kid, but damn, if the first part of the season was very pleasant and fun, those last 6 or 7 episodes were total killers.
Best Star Wars ever since 1983, IMO.

Top Bottom