• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
it was announced he was out, but not that he was doing his own films. I can't imagine they will be any good. glad to see him removed from the Star Wars franchise.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, the Rick McCallum thing was mentioned in one of the other threads.

It's about time that Lucasfilm put out a statement. It's been six weeks, and the only news that anyone has had of this is when the hosts of the Force-Cast asked Steven Sansweet about it on their Oct. 30 show (the week of the big announcement). As great as the Force-Cast is, anybody who worked at the top of Lucasfilm for 20 years deserved better than that.

And as I said in the other thread, I don't blame McCallum for the movies being bad. His job wasn't to make a film that I would like; his job was to help his boss make the films he wanted to make. But hopefully, because they've known each other for a longer period of time, Kathleen Kennedy will be able to say no to George more easily.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think we've sunk to a new low.

9ugy5yba.jpg

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 said:
I think we've sunk to a new low.

9ugy5yba.jpg

well, we've been there for a while, saw those things 1 or two years ago, it just takes time to realize it :D

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah? Never seen it until just now. Still sad.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Star Wars Transformers are an abomination to both franchises. An awful attempt to cash grab on both properties, which from what I can tell not even most stupid kids like.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wouldn't go so far as to call TF Star Wars figures an abomination. Both are sci-fi franchises that I like. I just think that some new characters should have been created that cross both universes. Battle droids who could transform into fighting vehicles would make sense, for instance.

But attempting to shoehorn Star Wars characters into the vehicles and places they use are just baffling. So Darth Vader is the Death Star? How did he get to be the size of an entire moon? Obi-Wan Kenobi is his own ship? Wouldn't it break all of his bones to transform?

I find it more annoying when Star Wars is slapped onto something with which it has nothing in common. Darth Tater, pictured above, and the SW Angry Birds are both examples of "what the heck?" to me.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ever wanted to know what Yoda looked like in his young, pot-smoking student days?

No?

I don't blame you.

But here it is anyway:

163545_slide.jpg

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fan editors... get to your ships! :-D

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't get why they redubbed the non-Vader parts.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
I don't get why they redubbed the non-Vader parts.

Easier to redub the whole thing than to switch back and forth between new audio and original audio.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Plus voice cameos for friends. But yeah, it's a tad annoying.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Question.

Ignoring the prequel trilogy. In Ep 4, Luke is told that Anakin Skywalker and Darth Vader are two separate people. In Ep 5, we are told that (and depending on which version you watch), Luke is possibly or is the offspring of Anakin Skywalker. Then Darth Vader tells Luke, he is his father.

At what stage, does Luke know, that Anakin Skywalker became Darth Vader? He asks Yoda if Darth Vader is his father, to which Yoda confirms - but then he has the 'point of view' conversation with Ben, asking why Ben didn't tell him etc, but it appears to be common knowledge.

I ask this, as I'm watching Machete order and now I'm on the third film(Ep 2) and it appears that Darth Vader and Anakin are still two separate people.

Something else to ponder - how do Yoda and Obi Wan know Vader is Anakin? As far as they're aware, Obi Wan killed Vader on the lava planet.....

Hymie

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think once Vader says that he's his father Luke pretty much excepts it as fact. He probably believes Obi lied to him, and that's why he questions him to get confirmation. He never particularly questions it, as he calls him Father when he's on the Falcon at the end of ESB. Even though they were in hiding, I'm sure that Obi and Yoda were in contact with the rest of the universe in some form and found out what was happening. Plus, they probably were able to tell through the force that Anakin was in fact Vader.

Top Bottom