• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
original.jpg

A fan/sometime Lucasfilm contributor envisions a SW theme park. As much as I loathe the PT, it did have some beautiful art design, so I wholly approve of the concept:

original.jpg

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Star Wars Episode III is THE greatest work of art of the last 30 years.
Yeap, you heard right... At least that's what this "art critic" believes:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/29/is-star-wars-revenge-of-the-sith-a-work-of-art
http://www.vice.com/read/camille-pa...greatest-work-of-art?utm_source=vicetwitterus
Paglia was asked why she felt this particular film stood out among other artworks from artists like Matthew Barney, Rachel Whiteread, Chris Ware or Peter Doig. In reply, Paglia explained, "The long finale of Revenge of the Sith has more inherent artistic value, emotional power, and global impact than anything by the artists you name. It's because the art world has flat-lined and become an echo chamber of received opinion and toxic over-praise. It's like the emperor's new clothes -- people are too intimidated to admit what they secretly think or what they might think with their blinders off."
Wow...
I don't know in which Universe or Reality this woman exists, but i think i speak for everyone here:
vader_facepalm_by_darkraiza88-d4m4geg.jpg
EPIC FAIL

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow, epic fail indeed.

Haha, yeah, I guess I'm afraid to admit to myself that I love the prequels.
Maybe I loved too much the prequels that I built a "hate-shield" all around me. To keep my sanity.
Because, you know, they were so dense, so intense, every frame had something going on.
If only I knew that every prequels haters are in fact lovers who don't know it.

I'm glad she's here to tell us these things.
Chewie! Take the Professor in back and plug her into the hyperdrive!

Or maybe... love blinded me.

103s76p_thumb.jpg

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
George Lucas is definitely our generation's Homer. The prequels are like a modern Iliad. It all makes sense now.
Screw all the haters.
Screw everyone that thinks the Anakin-Padme romance is on the same level with the twilight movies.
Screw everyone that lies about not being able to get sucked in that wonderful, completely beautiful, 100% CGI world.
Screw everyone that says Medichlorians, bouncing Yoda, Vader doing a Mr.Bean impression, Jar Jar and little Ani were horrible ideas.
And also lets not forget those that say that the only good things that came from the prequels, are the Red Letter Media reviews.
You clearly don't understand or appreciate art people!!!

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Camile Paglia needs to be locked up in an institution, and then they need to throw away the key.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Understandably astonished!

back_to_the_future__star_wars___episode_7__by_kriegdersterne77-d5k723v.jpg

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I posted that on Facebook and someone actually replied with "I don't recall that being in the film."

*Vader Facepalm*

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Tell that person that it wasn't originally in the film, but that history changed, like the newspapers in the same movie. :p

theslime

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Paglia has officially lost her marbles now. I used to really like her writing - her book on Hitchcock's The Birds, e.g., is excellent - but lately she's taken a contrarian stance on virtually everything related to aesthetics, and everything resembling taste and reason has been lost in the shuffle. That there are problems in the art world is no excuse for whatever it is she's doing.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is new (to me, anyway): A YouTuber describes how Episode I's story problems could have been resolved in a story meeting prior to the making of the film. He has some really good ideas overall. (Warning: Some NSFW language.)

This was posted back in February. I hope he does Episodes II and III soon!

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Aye, I posted this earlier this year. Ideally, the scripts would have had entirely different structure/stories, but this guy is definitely a bright cookie.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Whoops. Sorry, Gaith! I guess I missed your original post.

Yeah, ideally the prequels would be completely reconstructed from the ground up. (For instance, the last place that Anakin should be raised is Tattooine.) But I like his hypothetical take on it, where the studio would have to work with some of his ideas while gently addressing more major points.

I never heard anyone else ever suggest that tracking down Darth Maul should be Obi-Wan's driving force through all three movies. It makes a great deal more sense than the boring, emotionally empty lightsaber battles we actually saw.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't so, though I'm not surprised.

Top Bottom