• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
More news, probably from Celebration VI . . .

Originally the 3-D re-releases were going to come out once a year, but for some reason AotC is now coming later than planned while RotS is coming earlier.

AotC is arriving in September 2013 (as opposed to Feb. '13 as originally planned), while RotS is coming in October of '13 (as opposed to Feb. '14).

No reason has yet been given for the change, but I expect that details will be forthcoming soon enough.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movi...an&utm_source=facebookfan&utm_medium=referral

I'm mainly interested because I'm now wondering what the release schedule will be like for the OT. It might be closer to what the Special Edition release schedule was like rather than what was originally the plan for these 3-D rollouts.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Why did they redub Ric? I has a sad.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't think it was personal. The editor just needed to Ric to say, "That little dog did it." That's all.

Hymie

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That was great. Best work of mashing up the old footage with the newer that I've seen.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's the most Dr. Who footage I have ever seen in my life. Still zero interest in the show, but that's some nice editing there.

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think they are releasing AOTC and ROTS closer together because TPM didn't really do all that well compared to a lot of other 3D rereleases. They'll make other excuses, but everyone on planet earth including Lucasfilm knows that's because very few people are interested in seeing the prequels on the big screen again. They know that the money is in the original trilogy, so they're trying to get there faster.

What they should've done is just release those ones from the beginning, or better yet just release them in 2D Imax. But hey, why would Lucasfilm ever do the thing that makes sense?

By the way, the footage I saw at CVI of AOTC in 3D was pretty breathtaking. By far the best converted 3D I've ever seen.

Some other highlights were the Star Wars 1313 video game panel (the real time graphics are unbelievable), Carrie Fisher's interview, and James Arnold Taylor's one man show. Also seeing George Lucas' surprise visit during the Star Wars Detours panel was fun, but he didn't seem to have any real reason to be there. It was very "By the way, George Lucas is here! And... well, yeah, that's all."

My favorite moment of all was during Mark Hamill's panel. Mark prepared and performed a monologue he did in Batman: The Animated Series as The Joker. To see him actually act the whole thing out, it was incredible. Dude's still got the chops. I wish he worked more.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Star Wars Uncut is at it again, this time with (of course) The Empire Strikes Back. I've already claimed a scene, and will hopefully have time to shoot a couple.

http://www.starwarsuncut.com/

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice. Lemme guess, you claimed the Luke and Leia kissing scene as an excuse to make out with your sister on camera.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Nice. Lemme guess, you claimed the Luke and Leia kissing scene as an excuse to make out with your sister on camera.
I like the addition/clarification of the "on camera" part there. :lol:

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^*like*

Incidentally, someone needs to make a DVD of Star Wars Uncut, given that they are not planning to do one themselves.

At least, I thought I read that somewhere.

Hymie

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That is great. Too bad Lucas doesn't think kids would enjoy that type of show, even though that's exactly what most children nowadays want to watch.

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well I would happily watch that show. Star Wars and the Disappearing Helmets.

Sure fire winner ;-)

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
article-2187989-1488DC5D000005DC-815_468x801.jpg

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, the video that TMBTM posted is really terrific. So much better than the stiff, boring, lifeless animation on Clone Wars.

It drives me bonkers that we can't get a great show like that because Lucas insists on giving us garbage instead.

Top Bottom