• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A classic, but so true:
a81e1aed-f87a-4ac8-9cfe-57947f03d4a3.jpg

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Via Topless Robot, an annoying handsome SW fan fan-edits TPM at a conceptual level, offering numerous astute and dead-on suggestions for working within the actual movie's basic structure:

I admit that he lost me, and I stopped watching, when he retained Anakin flying the pod as a means of getting dough for the mission, but up until then he was on a roll. Anyhow, thought y'all might enjoy it. :)

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've only had a few minutes here and there to be on the forum lately, so I'm not sure whether this has already been posted, but here's an interesting post about a suggested viewing order for all six films that (the author claims) makes for a more satisfying viewing experience: http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order/

ignore Episode I entirely, and watch II and III in sequence between V and VI.

I'm not 100% sure how I feel about it overall, but he makes some very good points. Thoughts?

NOTE: these are the unedited films, not fanedits; the only "editing" is of the sequence in which they are to be watched.

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hebrides said:

I think you and I are on the same page my friend.

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
geminigod said:
I think you and I are on the same page my friend.

Just to clarify: it's the author's suggestion, not mine. I do think it's an interesting idea, though, especially if someone doesn't have access to the better fanedits that have been made of I-III.

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Kermode rant about Episode 1 re release

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What happens when you pit the Lego Death Star against the Lego Super Star Destroyer? $1000 in chaos...

[video=youtube_share;tuxM-avNfLo]

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Saw sixteen or so Marines marching today, and the cadence-caller was calling "left, right, left" to the tune of (and I am Not Making This Up) The Imperial March. Zero out of ten for thematic appropriateness, but plus several million for style.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hebrides said:
I've only had a few minutes here and there to be on the forum lately, so I'm not sure whether this has already been posted, but here's an interesting post about a suggested viewing order for all six films that (the author claims) makes for a more satisfying viewing experience: http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order/

I'm not 100% sure how I feel about it overall, but he makes some very good points. Thoughts?

NOTE: these are the unedited films, not fanedits; the only "editing" is of the sequence in which they are to be watched.
Agreed that Ep. I is absolutely irrelevant in the context of greater things, but... isn't it the case for Episode II as well? A much better order would be IV, V, III, VI. Everything that matters about the Vader backstory is in III.

EDIT: Hadn't read the whole article. It mentions this possibility might create a couple tiny confusions. Still, I'd take those over two plus hours of terribly bad cinema.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
With the BR release we know Lucas did a DNR on the films. Yet in looking at ROTS is appears it remains. Has anyone else noticed this? Did he scrub all the other films but leave ROTS alone?

bondukkevin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 said:
With the BR release we know Lucas did a DNR on the films. Yet in looking at ROTS is appears it remains. Has anyone else noticed this? Did he scrub all the other films but leave ROTS alone?

Rots is now back to its theatrical version for the bluray with the wipe added back in after obi wan leaves mustafar

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bondukkevin said:
Rots is now back to its theatrical version for the bluray with the wipe added back in after obi wan leaves mustafar

Not so apparently:
from imdn alt vers's:
The 2011 Blu-Ray released has added dialogue for commander cody and the clones when they arrive to aid Obi-Wan on Utapau. Originally, their entrance was silent on the theatrical and dvd versions.

But i haven't seen it on boo ray so maybe that info is faulty?

bondukkevin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
Not so apparently:
from imdn alt vers's:

But i haven't seen it on boo ray so maybe that info is faulty?

Just checked it and has the wipe. The DVD version had it taken out

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Alternate version on IMDB details the DVD release only, I think.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes, but there is added commander cody dialog, therefore not theatrical.

EDIT: Oh, and the rots alt vers page details the blu ray.

bondukkevin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
Yes, but there is added commander cody dialog, therefore not theatrical.

EDIT: Oh, and the rots alt vers page details the blu ray.

What is the added dialogue, missed that from Cody?

thanks

Top Bottom