• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

Fanedit

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So call me a Heretic, but I watched the original Star Wars theatrical release the other day. Netflix carries it as a separate disc that you can order for viewing.

I gotta admit, I enjoyed it greatly. Sure there were a couple of parts where there were some small white spots visible on screen, but otherwise it looked as good as any other DVD. One thing that surprised me though was that the reunion of Luke and Biggs just before the death star attack is not a part of the original theatrical version. I guess having seen multiple versions over the years left me believing that this scene was in the original. It was not missed at all.

To hell with all the sequels and special editions.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't see how this makes you a heretic. It makes you sane.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, damn. Who could put it together really... I mean look at the evidence: Han solo's gun that he shoot's greedo with, greedo getting shot by han solo and his blaster and han solo apologizing for it even, it could have been anybody in the cantina if you think about it...

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I personally believe that Greedo committed suicide.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I personally believe Lucas is trying to make us commit suicide.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
He's like Koloth when he tells his stories "So there i was, me, all alone in the editing bay when all of a sudden three barbarian beheamoths two, no, three meters tall broke down the wall of lava snake-bats that had held off the evil demons up to this point, it was then that i, the great George Lucas, and the 7 foot tall Captain Kirk fought together against the barbarian monsters; Kirk jumped 15 feet in the air and beheaded one of the barbarians, while i, the great George Lucas, grabbed a handful of lava with my bare hands and threw it into the barbarian advancing towards my position, needless to say the barbarian exploded into a billion fire breathing scorpion-wasps, and so to did captain Kirk and myself, the great George Lucas, battle the billion fire breathing scorpion-wasps, but that is another story..."

Koloth was awesome.

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Brilliant, Rogue! I really think you're onto something, but I'd go back even further, to the original master of exaggeration, Falstaff. And here, as played by Orson Welles, he even bears a bit of a resemblance to a certain beflanneled one (starts around 2:30):

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes, the Han/Greedo thing was mentioned in the other thread, but I'm cool with it getting a stand-alone thread. GL's continued revisionist buffoonery needs as much exposure as possible.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
Yes, this was mentioned in the other thread, but I'm cool with it getting a stand-alone thread. GL's continued revisionist buffoonery needs as much exposure as possible.

homer-doh.jpg

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Greedo wasn't meant to shoot at all. How do I know? HE WAS TRYING TO TAKE HAN ALIVE! He saw Han first; if he'd wanted to, he would have busted a cap in his ass straight off! :-o

Top Bottom