• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cute video, but watching a SW movie for the first time amidst ambient daylight?! Can't have it! :-o

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I thought it was awesome...until I showed my wife, who said "fake."

:|

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
I thought it was awesome...until I showed my wife, who said "fake."

:|

My wife said the same thing.

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
Cute video, but watching a SW movie for the first time amidst ambient daylight?! Can't have it! :-o

Dude, he's four; it's probably close to his bedtime in that clip as it is. Besides, I was terrified of Vader for years, and in fact of all masks, because of seeing ANH in the theater when I was about four. And that's with dressing up as Vader one year for Halloween! :lol:

Still, you're right that nothing compares to the darkened theater. ;-)

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thunderclap said:
My wife said the same thing.

I don't get it; why would it have to be? I mean, yes, they do look back at the camera, but their dad is filming it; why couldn't they be looking at him in genuine surprise? I'm usually pretty skeptical, but I'm willing to suspend disbelief on this one.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hebrides said:
Dude, he's four; it's probably close to his bedtime in that clip as it is.
Well, now you're going to bring out the harsh/dogmatic parent in me, but I think that no younger than six is the appropriate age to start on ANH, and certainly ESB/ROTJ. ;-)

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
Well, now you're going to bring out the harsh/dogmatic parent in me, but I think that no younger than six is the appropriate age to start on ANH, and certainly ESB/ROTJ. ;-)

I, for one, completely agree with this. My sister has a four year-old son and and when he was TWO he watched all the Star Wars movies (and Jurassic Park). IMO that robs him of the memory of seeing those movies for the first time. Not to mention potentially scaring the crap out of him.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
I, for one, completely agree with this. My sister has a four year-old son and and when he was TWO he watched all the Star Wars movies (and Jurassic Park). IMO that robs him of the memory of seeing those movies for the first time. Not to mention potentially scaring the crap out of him.

Here I am! Guess what guys? I first watched the Star Wars trilogy when I was TWO. Sure you would think the surprise had been ruined, but, for some reason I can't explain I remember feeling gut wrenched in ESB, just as you guys did. I can't point to the exact date, or even my age (I might not have understood until one of my numerous repeat viewings, probably when I was three) but I remember the surprise. If I could, I would have most certainly liked seeing the OT first as a more mature person, but, really, I'm fine with it. Also, this meant that I wasn't a kid who grew up on the prequels, unlike my friends. That's something to be proud of.

lpd

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow that was cool. I still remember turning to my dad in the movie theatre and saying "He's lying! it cant be true because he's bad!" I was 7.
The video looked pretty real to me and my missus.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
DominicCobb said:
I wasn't a kid who grew up on the prequels, unlike my friends. That's something to be proud of.

Hells yeah!

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If it's fake why isn't the girl hamming it up?

Is it so hard to believe that a kid would freak out at the reveal? I know I did.

He's probably looking at the camera because he's wondering why the hell dad is filming him watch SW.

I'll film my kid in about 5 years and let you know.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I dont think these are telecines like the puggo editions, still cool though:

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Soooooo needed a good laugh right now. Thanks Throw.

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just had to note that currently, the SW thread is on page '66'

Hopefully my post won't bump to 67

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Execute order LOCK STAR WARS THREAD.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It only shows up as page 17 for me... but I suppose what you said was true, from a certain point of view...

Which reminds me of a hilarious bit from Topless Robot's Special-er Star Wars Special Editions contest:
LUKE: I thought you said Yoda trained you.
OBI-WAN: Well, I was trained by Qui-Gon Jinn, who was trained by Count Dooku, who was trained by Yoda. So what I told you was true, from a certain point of view.
LUKE: ...from a stupid point of view.

Top Bottom