• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
you would think with all the versions out there and technology, some fabulous faneditors on here could do a proper edit and release as the fans would want it
color correction, cut the bs of Vader yelling nooooooooooo,,,makes Vader come off like he has emotions bout killing the bad guy who was hurting his son Luke.
just a thought

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jswert123456 said:
you would think with all the versions out there and technology, some fabulous faneditors on here could do a proper edit and release as the fans would want it
color correction, cut the bs of Vader yelling nooooooooooo,,,makes Vader come off like he has emotions bout killing the bad guy who was hurting his son Luke.
just a thought

I'm guessing that there MIGHT be one, maybe two fanedited versions of the new Star Wars Blu-rays. I could be wrong. There doesn't seem to be much interest in star wars around here.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
elbarto1 said:

Sn%2525C3%2525ADmek90.PNG

Wow - that dude does not like even the slightest SE! :)

Sn%2525C3%2525ADmek80.PNG

Wot the hell?! - watching the SE dvds years ago, I figured I must have remembered the sabers as being better-colored then they were. I never thought the SE dvds could muck the color up that badly! :shock:

These editions definitely look cool; I may have to pick 'em up. Has Ady released a color-corrected only ESB yet, or is that still in the works?

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yep, there is a color corrected theatrical version of ESB by Adywan.
SD only I guess.
But he made several changes to the colors for his upcoming revisited fanedit. The colors will be different than this first theatrical release.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
Yep, there is a color corrected theatrical version of ESB by Adywan.
Got it on DVD. Looks great imho.

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It is the only way I watch ESB now.

lpd

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Has Ady ever done a colour corrected ROTJ ?

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
No doubt ROTJ:R will be colour corrected, just like ANH:R and ESB:R.

lpd

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Always thought which ever adition of ROTJ I've seen it always looks sort of hot, like a vhs tape looks less sharp than all the rest. Anyone watched the blu ray yet? Does it look better?

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bill Hunt over at TheDigitalBits.com has finally posted his review. Could this set have been worse? Apparently so:

[FONT=arial, helvetica, courier, *]For those of you who hate the past changes (and the new BD changes), believe me I get it. Let me just say, it could be a LOT worse. Sources well-positioned to know have told me that Lucas actually seriously considered replacing the puppet Yoda from The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi with the all-digital version, and even had tests conducted to see how it would look. Fortunately, cooler heads prevailed.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, courier, *]

Maybe that's what the next version will include, then we'll all be begging for this version.

[/FONT]

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Lol, just read this review 5 minutes earlier, and yes, CG Yoda in ESB would have been like shooting himself (GL) in the foot.
However I think (hope) this is a mistake and refers to the CG Yoda test made by the time of ATOC. They made a test based on an ESB scene.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A couple of interesting tidbits from Bill Hunt's review at thedigitalbits.com....
I think most fans wouldn't mind the changes at all as long as the original versions were available on the Blu-rays as well (perhaps via seamless branching). But Lucas seems determined to erase them from history, going to far as to outright lie in claiming that the negatives were destroyed when he made the Special Editions - a claim so outrageous and blatantly false to anyone who understands how films are edited and preserved in the modern era that for me... well, that was the last straw.
I know a lot of people think Hunt says whatever he has to so that he can stay in Lucas' good graces, but he did just call him a liar/lair.
A number of fans have complained about the fact that the original theatrical versions of the classic films are not included in this Blu-ray set. While it's true and is certainly a legitimate complaint, no fan in their right mind could seriously have expected them to be included, given Lucas' attitude in the past. Still, I have a sneaking suspicion that Lucas is going to have to release the original versions of the films at some point in the future. The reason I've started to believe that is because of the deleted scenes that WERE included on these Blu-rays. This is material that Lucas has been reluctant to make available in the past, but they were needed for this Blu-ray set simply to give fans a compelling reason to buy the films again. After this Blu-ray release, I just don't see ANYONE buying these films again for any reason (certainly not for 3D!) unless those original versions are part of the package. Regardless, even if there's never an authorized release, rest assured that so many prints of those original films exist in the hands of film archives (and even private collectors) around the world that, sooner or later, someone is going to throw them up on an HD scanner, make high-quality HD masters and release them as bootlegs - either for free online, or on BD-R or other digital media sold at conventions. How do I know that? Well, I've actually had bootleg HD copies of the "special edition" Star Wars films for a couple years now, mastered from European HD satellite broadcasts, made available online and burned to BD-R media. Trust me, the original versions WILL be available eventually in HD, legally or not. Frankly, the sooner Lucas realizes this and takes proactive steps to release them himself the better.
Interesting theory about having to release the OOT if he wants to sell another set. I hope he's right.
You also get the new Star Wars Spoofs compilation (98 mins), which includes clips from scores of fun, funny and infamous spoofs of the Star Wars films. Included are clips from Saturday Night Live, Family Guy, Robot Chicken, The Muppet Show and many more. This gets major points for including Bill Murray singing a lounge version of the Star Wars theme on classic SNL
Oh man, I spent a couple bucks to download the Robert Klein SNL episode this is on so I could put the song in my edit, and I could have just spent $80 on this instead! ;-)

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
here are few lines from what I think is a french interview of Anthony Daniels.
I tried to translate it the best I can:

- What is your favorit Star Wars?
AD - Episode 4. I like the simplicity and th beauty of this story. Without splitting-hairs plots, as in the second trilogy, all this politic...
As an audience I have difficulties to feel driven by the prequels.
My point of view changed a bit during the Star Wars in concert tour. The narration from episode 1 to 6 seemed to work fine.

During the shooting of TPM I found a Lucas a little more self confident and willing to take risks, like with Jar Jar Binks. But I see your face right now... (laugh).
- Jar Jar is the worst thing about Star Wars...
AD - the kids love him! (silence).

- That does not say what you think about Jar Jar...
AD - I have 65, how do you think I can like Jar Jar Binks?

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Blu-Ray.com thinks GL is nuts as well, but the set still comes (quote:) Highly Recommended!
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Star-Wars-Blu-ray/14903/#Review

Lots of praise to the OT's transfer. Definitely fanedit-worthy material, should anyone feel the need to revisit the OT.
About the video transfer:
But, if you're like me, you're probably more interested in how faithfully the original trilogy has been ported to Blu-ray. We've already covered content, of course, so I'm talking cosmetically. Unlike the prequels, which look quite different from one to the next—especially in the jump from the second to the third—the 1080p/AVC-encoded transfers of the three "classic" Star Wars films are fairly consistent with one another and, in a word, amazing. If you need a number, I'm comfortable giving 4.5's across the board for the integrity and simple gorgeousness of these three transfers. If you grew up watching these films on VHS you're going to be blown away. I don't say that lightly. When I popped in A New Hope and saw that first great close-up of R2 in all his worn-in glory—the scuff marks finely resolved in high definition—I knew I was in good hands. And I kept having moments like this. Seeing the weft of the fabric of Obi-Wan's cloak as he tells the stormtroopers "these are not the droids you're looking for." The level of detail inside the Millennium Falcon. The mottled facial texture of the Yoda puppet in Empire. The almost palpable ripples of Jabba's skin in Jedi. You'll notice background details you've never noticed before. Imperfections in the model work. Aspects of the costumes that previously escaped your attention.

And what about the sound? I think the reviewer was nearing a climactic org... yes, well, you get my point...

Yes, yes, and yes again. I don't even need to write up separate audio reviews for each of the films. You know why? Because these lossless DTS-HD Master Audio 6.1 surround tracks are perfect. Not perfect like, "Yeah, they seem generally true-to-source and, no, there's no muffling or anything," but perfect like, "Yes. Hell yes. This is what sci-fi should sound like." Perfect as in completely exemplary in all the ways you'd hope they'd be. Superlative. Grade-A. Certified Gold.

Okay, let me calm down for a second before I fly off in a tornado of hyperbole. Really, though; these tracks are that good. If you've yet to experience John Williams' Star Wars theme in glorious 6.1 channel lossless audio, you've got quite a treat coming. Williams' cues are some of the most recognizable and hummable in the known universe, and they sound spectacular here, from the lilting and quiet heartswelling of Leia's theme to the balls-out, brash militancy of Vader's unstoppable death march, which feels like the brass section of the orchestra is clubbing you in the face with their instruments. In the best way imaginable. All of the music is grand, filling every channel, with distinct placement of the instruments in the soundspace. Rich, dynamic, full—you name it, that's what these scores are.

And that's before we even get into the good stuff—the sound effects. Sound design has been a part of the movies since the late 1920s, but the Star Wars series emphasized it in a way that few films had previously done. The audio really is integral to the storytelling. Think "Star Wars sounds." What do you hear? The electric hum of swinging lightsabers. The crisp pew-pew of laser blasters. The low ambient, oscillating rumble inside the Death Star. The high-pitched language of the Jawas. Darth Vader's heavy, respirator-assisted breathing. You could go on and on. How many films can claim to have made noises iconic?

But that's only the start of it. What makes these new 6.1 tracks so wonderful is how precisely and expressively they're mixed. Sound design and score achieve an ideal balance, each forceful and clean without drowning the other out. And the action sequences. Oh, the action sequences. Lasers criss- crossing the soundfield. Spaceships swooshing in every direction, their pulsing engines roaring past with a kind of down-shifting Doppler Effect. Massive explosions that send concentric arcs of debris spreading out from front to back. The thunderous LFE roar of an Imperial Star Destroyer drifting overhead. Even in the quieter moments there's ambience in the rears; the bleat of a tauntaun on Hoth, pouring rain before the Obi- Wan/Jango Fett fight in Clone Wars, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. Obviously, the effects in the prequels are a bit more sophisticated, but you'll be surprised by how epic the original trilogy sounds. Throughout it all, dialogue is always easy to understand, and I didn't hear any disconcerting crackles, hisses, or dropouts. Fans couldn't have asked for more.

Each film includes English Dolby Digital 5.1 descriptive audio, Spanish, French, French-Quebec, and Portuguese dubs, and optional subtitles in English SDH, Spanish, French, and Portuguese.

And to get the discussion on deleted scenes out of the way, here's some final closure:
Deleted/Extended Scenes: In total, there's about an hour and a half of deleted footage, almost all of it new. Worth noting is that the deleted scenes previously included on the DVDs is not included here, so you might want to hang on to those if you're a completist. It's clear that instead of trying to be comprehensive, the focus in compiling this material was to bring as much new footage to the table as possible. And there's some great, previously unseen footage here. For the prequels it's mostly in the form of rough animatics and generally unfinished sequences, but the original trilogy includes several alternate cuts and excised scenes that we be of real interest to fans, including Luke's trip to Tosche Station. (No, we don't see any power converters.) Additionally, all the film footage has been scanned in 1080p.

Top Bottom