• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

(Oh... and Star Wars on Amazon has dropped to 2 stars!)

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My favorite has to be "Healthykins," both because it reminds me of what they did to Cookie Monster and because it (*shudder*) actually sounds plausible... :p

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
To be fair, I always thought Porkins was a very unfortunate name. They cared to include an overweight fighter among the heroes, in equal terms to his matinee-idol-looking partners, which was admirable... and then they ruined it by naming him after a fat joke. Like everything that guy had going for him was being fat, and like one can't be fat without being a walking gluttony stereotype.

That said, NO, I wouldn't prefer "Healthykins". :p

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dwight Fry said:
To be fair, I always thought Porkins was a very unfortunate name. They cared to include an overweight fighter among the heroes, in equal terms to his matinee-idol-looking partners, which was admirable... and then they ruined it by naming him after a fat joke. Like everything that guy had going for him was being fat, and like one can't be fat without being a walking gluttony stereotype.

That said, NO, I wouldn't prefer "Healthykins". :p

Good point. I wonder if it was in part an unfortunate play on his real name, William Hootkins. Then again, he must have not been too sensitive about it, since his character in Raiders of the Lost Ark is named Major Eaton (i.e. "major eatin'")...

I remember when the special editions first were coming out that a friend of mine, who actually quite liked Porkins as a character, joked that Lucas would put a greasy burger wrapper floating in his cockpit during the Death Star battle...

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hebrides said:
I remember when the special editions first were coming out that a friend of mine, who actually quite liked Porkins as a character, joked that Lucas would put a greasy burger wrapper floating in his cockpit during the Death Star battle...
Don't give out ideas! :-D

BTW, William Hootkins was an amazingly talented actor, wasn't he? Particularly he was a master of voices. Case in point: after months of editing Batman'89, in which he played gravely-voiced Lt. Eckhardt, I started to watch workprints of havok's Flash Gordon edit, the original of which I hadn't seen for ages. Hootkins was in it as well, as Zarkov's lab assistant speaking in a comical but totally believable high-pitched voice. And I didn't realize it was him until the closing credits. :)

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
And let's not forget Major Eaton in Raiders.

[EDIT: And how can we, with Heb already mentioning him? Maybe I should pay more attention rather than lookin' the fool.]

He may not have had much to do, but it's always cool to see a familiar face in other Lucas films. Like when I saw Last Crusade in the cinema and had to stop myself from saying "Hey, it's General Veers!" out loud. ;)

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hebrides said:
Then again, he must have not been too sensitive about it, since his character in Raiders of the Lost Ark is named Major Eaton (i.e. "major eatin'")...

:lol: Nice one, hebrides! :lol:

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Best line: "Don't worry. Indy 5 could still be good."

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thunderclap said:
Best line: "Don't worry. Indy 5 could still be good."

Agreed. And I must confess that this is the very first Downfall parody I've ever watched. It was worth the wait, unlike the Blu-Rays themselves...

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I will accept this change.

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, at least Lucas' folly has given rise to some exceptional fan creativity. In the midst of our sorrow, we find consolation in making merciless fun of what has become of Star Wars..

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
somebody find me a working vcr.

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
elbarto1 said:
somebody find me a working vcr.
Sorry, mine died a decade ago... hmm, wonder why I never bothered to get it replaced. :p

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is surprisingly interesting: all three films of the OT playing side-by-side. I have a feeling this may not be up long, so watch while you can:

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Already removed by the user himself. Probably got a cease and desist slapped in his face :lol:

Top Bottom