• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was trying to pass this off as the first TPM deleted scene, but I can't figure out how to trick the forum software into not embedding the clip. At any rate, I think this is appropriate given today's news.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ May I have your permission to share that on Facebook AS a genuine Blu-Ray change? ;)

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hebrides said:
Apparently to "alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power" is not what offends him, but the fact that someone else than the creator of the work does it.

In any case:

pot-kettle-black.jpg

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hebrides said:
I know it's not quite the same issue, but these comments from George in 1988 are worth revisiting:

http://www.slashfilm.com/george-lucas-speaks-altering-films-1988/
Not sure whether to cry or shake my head in regret, but in any case, the man who gave that speech has been dead for a long time... he was replaced by an ignorant, self-corrupted Emperor who lost sight of what truly mattered, focusing solely on himself and his arrogance instead of the original works that he helped to create and on the audience who keep those works alive in their minds and hearts for decades after their birth.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
... but I can't figure out how to trick the forum software into not embedding the clip. At any rate, I think this is appropriate given today's news.

First Phantom Menace deleted scene released.

Fixed.
fixed_it_05.jpg

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just started a thread for those wishing to proclaim their boycott of the BD's. Join us, or die.

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
^this, I laughed until I didn't find it funny, then prompty found it funny all over again, then stopped, then started again.

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The special edition of ESB was the only lucas updated PT movie that I ever liked. I look forward to Adywan's ESB, but what I really need is for somebody to salvage the ROTJ. Then my own collection will be complete.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Check out Harmy's or dark_jedi's ROTJ on ot.com.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Its.... ITS..... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
Its.... ITS..... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

i am so creeped out by that it's scary. may have nightmares after watching that clip.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
well its 100% official. i have seen [this sh]it w/ my own eyes. the added crapola is present in these new BD versions.
suits me, all I want is the extras anyway.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You've probably seen this one on Facebook, but anyway:

320066_270751719616912_269110113114406_1166780_7866930_n.jpg

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I would like to have that cat on a t-shirt with the words, "Meow Skywalker, the Remastered Edition."

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Top Bottom