• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's worth noting that adywan has copies of the (supposed) leaked OT movies in their entirety and has been reviewing them briefly on ot.com. There is a lot of circumstantial evidence that the leaked versions are the real deal, and they include all this stuff that has been discussed.

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
L8wrtr said:
Lots of sites say "confirmed by [other site here] but when you go to that site, there is nothing there that smells of confirmation, but references to other sites bitching about the same thing. It's a giant circle-jerk where its given credibility because so many sites are talking about it.

Some dude is laughing his ass off somewhere, probably having won a bet that went something like this:

Guy 1: "Hey, I bet I can get all of the fanboys freaked out by making some bogus clips and claiming they're legit"
Guy 2: "No way, nobody's gonna believe that"
Guy 1: "Ok, 6-pack says I can."
Guy 2: "You're on."

I have no doubt that Lucas has added some shit that I will hate. Of that I am 100 convinced, but I'm equally certain that these clips are complete fakes.

And before I get accused of being a Lucas apologist, I haven't pre-ordered my BD set. Why? Because he still has to prove to me that they're worth buying. Ironically, the set I'm guaranteed to buy? the PT. that's fucked up.

but if u just buy the PT set by itself, u won't get the three discs of bonus features. since apparently they're only exclusive to the Saga set.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
got these gems from the OT.com thread.

318409_10150302423819932_679874931_7518249_4421595_n.jpg

qVmS5.png

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
It's worth noting that adywan has copies of the (supposed) leaked OT movies in their entirety and has been reviewing them briefly on ot.com. There is a lot of circumstantial evidence that the leaked versions are the real deal, and they include all this stuff that has been discussed.
Well, that's a part of the problem: if it's from a supposed "leaked" copy of the BD set, then there's no guarantee that it's legit or that it's possibly even a result of Lucasfilms purposefully releasing it in order to screw with bootleggers (since he just loved them during the release of the Prequels from what I've heard, I wouldn't put it past him to release this to f*** around with them for a bit).

On the other hand, if a lot of these changes prove to be true and Vader actually yells his EP3 trademark "Noooooooo!" in what sounds like one of the worse professional audio edits I've heard in recent memory in a film, then it joins Hayden's appearance as Anakin's ghost as one more reason why Return of the Jedi is now and forever dead to me.... :p

1238584287_seinfeld_had_enough.gif

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can say with 99% certainty that those clips are indeed real.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I will take any wagers on it. I have my sources.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
reave said:

The gnome in your closet isn't a source. :p

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
reave said:
Oh, no, I wasn't disagreeing with you, that video would be my reaction to George Lucas making even more needless, awful changes to the OT. :p

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
None of this should be shocking to us. Georgie has proven time and time again that he has no respect for Star Wars.

Another issue that will be present is the matte work behind the ships in space. So that proclaimed fix was an outright lie.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want for any of this to be true, and will GLADLY eat crow if this is all an elaborate (and brilliant) hoax, but i'm betting that all my worst fears are valid.

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I will say this though, IF, and it's a big if, Lucas purposefully let out a Bullshit version with crap in it to fuck with pirates, my respect level for him would shoot through the fucking roof, almost enough to forgive him many of his past sins.

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@Throw: Sebulba? In Jabba's Palace? Seriously??? *groan* It's not that it couldn't happen; it's just that, like so many other changes, there's absolutely no need for it.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
well, technically, it's not Selbulba, just a random dug. But yeah, my thoughts exactly. What's worse, is it is while everyone is asleep at the palace, so the addition of a dug walking down the steps just screams: "HEY!!! LOOK AT ME!!! I am an awesome CGI addition!" sigh.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's official.

I've cancelled my order and have left a scathing one star review on Amazon. Oh well... there go my plans for a PT fanedit.

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thunderclap said:
It's official.

I've cancelled my order and have left a scathing one star review on Amazon. Oh well... there go my plans for a PT fanedit.
Well f*** me.... it turns out to be totally legit. :-|

I suppose I shouldn't so disappointed, though - Return of the Jedi has been dead to me for quite a while (many thanks to Uncle George for adding that retarded Jabba Palace musical number, that needless montage of the galaxy celebrating, and Hayden F****ing Christensen as Anakin's ghost....), so it's not like Lucas can screwup the movie any more than he already has for me personally.

Regardless of this news, though, I'll be keeping my preorder for the BD set and I still will be working on HD versions of my Prequel Edit trilogy once its been released.

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yep. Same thing here. I talked to Adywan and he confirmed it as well. Today is a sad day for SW fans. But there is a new hope coming.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What gets me is that with every release we hear that "this is the way George intended it". Okay... so why didn't you add the scream back in with the special edition release, or the DVD release? Why now?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thunderclap said:
What gets me is that with every release we hear that "this is the way George intended it". Okay... so why didn't you add the scream back in with the special edition release, or the DVD release? Why now?

well yes, and really, I could give a shit if he wants to play with his films. Let him change them all he wants, but give the fans the choice. Put the f&@king unaltered versions on separate discs. hell, you can even charge more! Just don't force-feed the fans a bunch of shit they don't want. What's sad is that young and future generations of star wars fans are having the whole experienced ruined for them. They'll only see parading dugs in jabba's palace and neverending NoooOOOoooOOOooooooOOOs. today is yet another sad day for star wars fans.

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
thunderclap said:

Because he's enjoying the fact that he's causing a lot of controversy for his fans?

But it's okay. Cause one day he's gonna wake up and realize that he alienated a good portion of his fans. And that'll be the day he realizes that his great idea he had back in '77, just ran its course.

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
well yes, and really, I could give a shit if he wants to play with his films. Let him change them all he wants, but give the fans the choice. Put the f&@king unaltered versions on separate discs. hell, you can even charge more! Just don't force-feed the fans a bunch of shit they don't want. What's sad is that young and future generations of star wars fans are having the whole experienced ruined for them. They'll only see parading dugs in jabba's palace and neverending NoooOOOoooOOOooooooOOOs. today is yet another sad day for star wars fans.

I know double-posting. But look at it this way, it's up to us to preserve the originals and help the young and future generations of SW fans see that it was great before Lucas had turned into a Sith Lord.

Top Bottom