• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
L8wrtr said:
Unfortunately Bail was played by a different actor, so integrating it would require acceptance of two characters playing the same role in the same relative time-span, but certainly curious to see.

But the Lost 20 and some of the Episode III sound exceptionally interesting/promising. There was a lot filmed for 3 that was deleted because Lucas did a major re-write half-way through which changed Anakin's fall to be much more heavily weighted on the saving Padme idea vs disillusionment with the Jedi/attraction to Palpatine's ideas.. (essentially, seduced by the Dark Side). Damn my E3 being so close to release with all this new material nearly out!
Hmm, yeah I sorta wondered about that Bail scene having a different actor play the character, since it was still rather early in the Prequel trilogy - it's too bad, it would've given Bail more of presence throughout the entire Prequel trilogy, as opposed to his "Huh, who's that guy?" presence as he originally was portrayed in EP2 and EP3 (excluding the deleted scenes of EP3, of course).

The "Lost Twenty" scene, though, is the one that I've been hoping and praying to get a hold of someday ever since I first read about it in the "Secret History of Star Wars" book - it's just gonna add a whole lot more to the character of Dooku for my "Twilight of the Republic" EP2 edit where he's a rogue Jedi fighting against the Republic and the Sith Lord who controls it.

EDIT: Which sadly reminds me.... retinting Dooku's and Yoda's lightsabers to be purple is gonna be an even bigger bitch to do in HD than it originally was to do in SD.... :p

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yeah the lost twenty made it in the book version and it is pretty cool

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
debating on whether or not to make the jump over to blu. this'll be the first blu that i get if i buy the set. and even if i buy the set, it may just be the OT. cause those are just awesome. well except for Jedi.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I already got dark_jedi's blu set, and I had this baby preordered the minute it came available. I never expected GL to release the real OT, so now that I have both, I couldn't care less :)

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
wow. now, i'm not buying the bluray set. Thank you GL, if these are legit. i'll stick with my definitive copies now of the saga.

L8wrtr's Episode I and II, Stankpac's ROTS (right now it's definitive), Adywan's ANH:R, Adywan's Empire Theatrical Reconstruction (hold me over till ESB: R comes out), and Spence's ROTJ.

also have EP II.V The Clone Wars and a copy of The Force Unleashed thrown in for good measure.

STANKPAC

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^^ Wow! Those were definitely amusing and terrible at the same time. :oops: Anyway, totally fake and no use for anyone to get bent to out of shape about. Audio was just taken from ROTS and just poorly integrated with those scenes. :p

FYI: Just in case, I got my Fedex box ready...now I just need the address to Lucas's ranch?! LOL. :)

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm leaning towards fake too.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wouldn't be shocked, but I'm still not convinced this is legit for two reasons: no web site has been able to confirm this. It's all from a forum post on theforce.net referencing the same two clips. Second, if it is legit and not officially released by Lucasfilm, then why hasn't Lucasfilm and/or Fox had YouTube pull it?

STANKPAC

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^^ I agree. Also, the first to report it is from a site called BadAss Digest?! :shock: Umm....yeah, okay. Lol. Seems a little far fetched that a more reputable site didn't run this story first or from one of the few that actually got to watch the remastered films up at Skywalker Ranch.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I will be watching sites like The Digital Bits as they are reputable with this stuff. I'm sure people have been emailing them non-stop when all this broke and they are probably in contact with Lucasfilm PR to get a confirmation. If it does turn out to be true I will be cancelling my order and leaving a scathing one star review on Amazon.

STANKPAC

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^^Precisely. I'll wait to see in the coming weeks if The Digital Bits has anything to say about this matter!

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, something will be changed for the worse. That much is certain.

STANKPAC

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^^ That is at least something we can both agree upon! :doh:

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm not sure whether anyone else has been checking Adywan's FB feed today -- and I've only been checking sporadically, what with job stuff and all -- but he appears to have gotten versions of the Blu-Ray and has been reviewing the changes. Suffice it to say that he ain't happy, not at all. If he in fact does have the legit versions, I think a lot of people are going to be leaving those one-star reviews.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If they are indeed bad, it's time to band together and not buy the fucking things. Tell everyone you know to not buy them too.

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thunderclap said:
I wouldn't be shocked, but I'm still not convinced this is legit for two reasons: no web site has been able to confirm this. It's all from a forum post on theforce.net referencing the same two clips. Second, if it is legit and not officially released by Lucasfilm, then why hasn't Lucasfilm and/or Fox had YouTube pull it?
One only has to read through the article to learn what those videos really are:
Here are the two sequences that are making the rounds. In both cases you’re seeing old DVD footage synced to what is purported to be the new Blu-ray audio.
:oops:

In any case, we'll find out the truth in a few weeks.... would it surprise me if that was really there? Not really, to be honest.
Is it gonna keep me from canceling my pre-order? Nope... :p

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Lots of sites say "confirmed by [other site here] but when you go to that site, there is nothing there that smells of confirmation, but references to other sites bitching about the same thing. It's a giant circle-jerk where its given credibility because so many sites are talking about it.

Some dude is laughing his ass off somewhere, probably having won a bet that went something like this:

Guy 1: "Hey, I bet I can get all of the fanboys freaked out by making some bogus clips and claiming they're legit"
Guy 2: "No way, nobody's gonna believe that"
Guy 1: "Ok, 6-pack says I can."
Guy 2: "You're on."

I have no doubt that Lucas has added some shit that I will hate. Of that I am 100 convinced, but I'm equally certain that these clips are complete fakes.

And before I get accused of being a Lucas apologist, I haven't pre-ordered my BD set. Why? Because he still has to prove to me that they're worth buying. Ironically, the set I'm guaranteed to buy? the PT. that's fucked up.

lordnykkon

Reaction score
Trophy Points
but but but there's deleted scenes!

by old ben's beard, to buy or not to buy. That is the question. Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer x-wings and blasters of our George's fortune, or to take blogs against a sea of troubles, And by boycotting end them? To buy, to sleep, no more; and by a sleep to say we end the heart-ache, and the thousand video hocks that Thrawn is heir to: 'tis a cosplay-nation devoutly to be wished. To buy, to sleep; to sleep, perchance to dream – ay, there's yub nub: For in that sleep of death what stars were won, when we have shuttled off that metal foil, must give us pause – there's the respect that makes calamity of O.U.T.

Top Bottom