• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There's a making of video of that, it's pretty impressive how simple it was for the guy to make it. Patience and planning.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Early review of the BD set at thedigitalbits. Some things sound quite good, but I'm still pissed that the unaltered theatrical versions of the Original Trilogy are not being released. What's annoying is that George f*@ked with the movies once again, and their will be MORE changes to the films for this release. dammit Lucas. The OT extras are really enticing though, especially as most of them will actually be in HD.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/starwarsbds/preview.html

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
and their will be MORE changes to the films for this release. dammit Lucas.
I KNEW IT! I read somewhere he wouldn't stop messing with them until his final vision was completed, since the original film wasn't it. Why release the originals if Blu-Ray is just another chance to change even more... :oops:

EDIT: on the bright side, no more pink sabers!
ep6new.jpg

Small excerpt concerning the new changes:
[FONT=arial, helvetica, courier, *]Now, you'll recall that a little bit ago, I said these should probably be best considered new 2011 versions of these films, and not the 2004 DVD versions. All the fixes and corrections alone justify this in my opinion, but there's another reason too... and you can probably guess what it is: Once again, George has apparently added a few new "surprises" into these films. I don't know what they are and didn't get to see any of them on Friday, but I was assured that there will be "new things to notice" when we watch the films. I think we can safely assume that one of them will be the new all-digital Yoda in Episode I. Way back when Episode III was released on DVD, ILM digital effects supervisor Pablo Helman confirmed to me that the puppet Yoda in Episode I was replaced with a digital version to better match his appearance in Episodes II and III. In fact, the Episode III DVD extras includes a clip of the Episode I digital Yoda. However, this Blu-ray set is really the first opportunity we'll have to see it in full. What the other changes to these films may be, I have no idea, but I suspect there will be no lack of blog posts on this very subject within hours of the first discs becoming available to fans. [/FONT]

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't have any problem with him making even more changes to the SE. Since I don't give a shit about the SE, why would I care?

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If only Lucas could put back old Anakin on those last ROTJ shots...

You know I don't like most of the SE changes, but I can live with them (I'd prefer to also have the OOT, of course...)
BUT:
Hayden not only force you to think about the prequels and so prevent you to just sit back and enjoy the original trilogy ALONE;
Hayden also can be confusing to the people who did not watch the prequels. Ok, they can guess it's a young Anakin, since we just saw him dying, but more probably it would be confusing. So Hayden in ROTJ do not even work on a storytelling level if you want to just watch the original trilogy.
I can accept new silly special effects added on old movies (if the originals are available) , but Hayden goes way beyond that: it's wrong storytelling, poor way to mix the two saga, and a way to force the "old" fans to follow a "vision" that they do not care about.

So even if i'm dying to watch the new deleted scenes, THE deleted scene I'd like to see back in the movie is the old Anakin ghost.
Cause it's now a deleted scene since 2004 and the advertizing of those blu ray said "own every moments", or something like that, right?
So I WANT MY OLD FUCKING ANAKIN BACK!!!! Haarrghhh!!!

Feel better now... thanks for listening! :yo:

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I love that concept, give us our deleted scenes, in HD.. we'll take care of the rest George.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
L8wrtr said:
I love that concept, give us our deleted scenes, in HD.. we'll take care of the rest George.
Lol, we got your shit handled. :) I love it when they finish deleted scenes.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I agree with all your points TMBTM. I also agree with Frink, and I wouldn't care too much if he released all the versions, as done with films like Blade Runner. It's this constant history revision that gets annoying.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's pretty much the same review, but with more caps :)
Speaking of different Blade Runners, that five-disc Blu set is still on my wish list. Damn awesome :)

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
Early review of the BD set at thedigitalbits. Some things sound quite good, but I'm still pissed that the unaltered theatrical versions of the Original Trilogy are not being released. What's annoying is that George f*@ked with the movies once again, and their will be MORE changes to the films for this release. dammit Lucas. The OT extras are really enticing though, especially as most of them will actually be in HD.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/starwarsbds/preview.html
Aw, well isn't that unexpec.... err.... ok, I actually expected him to pull more sh*t on the OT for the BD release, to be honest. :|

On the plus side, the image quality for the Prequels looks pretty damn good and the video quality for EP1 looks a sh*t-ton better than the DVD release ever did. Still no word on whether or not we're getting any new deleted scenes for the Prequel films, though.

TMBTM said:
If only Lucas could put back old Anakin on those last ROTJ shots...
It'd be damn nice of Uncle George if he would put that in the RotJ deleted scenes, but I'm gonna highly doubt it. :p

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Have you guys read that review? That set could be AMAZING. It really seems like they finally care about the original trilogy. The review also states (albeit vaguely) that there will be new deleted scenes for the PT. As for including the original films, you can't keep complaining. We've all known this for far to long to be doing that. As for changing the films again, I really don't think this can go anywhere but up. But, you know, I could be wrong. Honestly though, I'm sure you guys have seen Lucas wearing that "Han Shot First Shirt", so I guess we should all cross our fingers. All I can say is that I am now quite excited for this, as apposed to say, thirty minutes ago when I was thinking (and had been thinking for months) that it was very unlikely that I would end up buying this set.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, following the originaltrilogy.com thread about the blu ray for quite some time now, I can say that I'm not olding my breath for a great original trilogy blu ray set at all; I really hope I'm wrong. But the masters they use really seems to be the 2004 one (some visual proof was found about that), only with some color correction here and there (red lightsabers are still pink, or dare I say purple pink now) and probably some dirt removal and few special effects added.
Im not saying the box set will be shit. Obviously it will be the best quality Star Wars video set to date. It's just that, like so many, I lost my trust in Lucas. Simple as that. Maybe I'll buy this set. But not on opening day. I'll wait for many reviews, and critics from people I trust. To balance the good and the bad before maybe buying the product with a good knowlegde of what it really is.

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just reread the article and found this quote, which gives me some little hope for new deleted scenes for Episodes 1, 2, and 3:

[Editor's Note: The one other thing I'll say is that the Prequel Trilogy deleted scenes appear to be IN ADDITION to those that were included on the DVDs. So this seems to be all-new material for those films.]

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
JasonN said:
Just reread the article and found this quote, which gives me some little hope for new deleted scenes for Episodes 1, 2, and 3:

I read at OT.com (and frink reported it at FE.org) that most of the deleted scenes of the prequels ARE new. Meaning that almost none of the deleted scenes from the DVD are present in this blu ray set. That I found somehow very doubtful though... but as far as I know, yes, there are a lot of new prequels scenes as bonus. There is a list somewhere.

EDIT:
Episode I
•Deleted/Extended Scenes
Trash-Talking Droids / The Battle Is Over / Anakin’s Return
Battle on the Boarding Ramp / Extended Podrace Wager
Bail Organa of Alderaan

Episode II
•Deleted/Extended Scenes:
Extended Speeder Chase / The Lost Twenty
Anakin’s Nightmares / Anakin and Ruwee
Raid on the Droid Control Ship and Extended Arena Fight

Episode 3
•Deleted/Extended Scenes
Elevator Antics / Escape Through the Hangar / Changes to the Constitution
Utapau Chase Animatics
Mustafar Duel Animatics / Mustafar Duel/Lava River Animatics
Kashyyyk Attack and Order 66 Animatic / Anakin Kills Shaak Ti / Jedi Imposters
at the Temple / Senate Duel Animatic / Yoda Communes with Qui-Gon

Of course all the "animatics" ones can't count for a fanedit.

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
I read at OT.com (and frink reported it at FE.org) that most of the deleted scenes of the prequels ARE new. Meaning that almost none of the deleted scenes from the DVD are present in this blu ray set. That I found somehow very doubtful though... but as far as I know, yes, there are a lot of new prequels scenes as bonus. There is a list somewhere.
I'd find it very hard to believe that Lucasfilms would get rid of the old deleted scenes (and from the sounds of that review listed above, the old scenes are indeed present with the new material)

TMBTM said:
Episode I
•Deleted/Extended Scenes
Bail Organa of Alderaan
Not sure what the "Anakin's Return" scene's about, but the new Bail scene might be interesting (would give the character more of a presence with regards to his role in the trilogy)

TMBTM said:
Episode II
Extended Speeder Chase / The Lost Twenty
Anakin’s Nightmares / Anakin and Ruwee
Raid on the Droid Control Ship and Extended Arena Fight
Oh my god.... the "Lost Twenty" scene.... the one I've heard about for so long, the scene in which that old librarian woman talks to Obi-Wan about Cound Dooku being a Jedi Master and him leaving the Jedi Order.... if that's indeed true.... F*** YES!!!!!! :-D :D :-D

TMBTM said:
Episode 3
•Deleted/Extended Scenes
Elevator Antics / Escape Through the Hangar / Changes to the Constitution
Utapau Chase Animatics
Mustafar Duel Animatics / Mustafar Duel/Lava River Animatics
Kashyyyk Attack and Order 66 Animatic / Anakin Kills Shaak Ti / Jedi Imposters
at the Temple / Senate Duel Animatic / Yoda Communes with Qui-Gon
I'll have to see them myself, but the "Anakin kills Shaak Ti", "Changes to the Constitution", and "Jedi Imposters" scenes sound fairly interesting.

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Unfortunately Bail was played by a different actor, so integrating it would require acceptance of two characters playing the same role in the same relative time-span, but certainly curious to see.

But the Lost 20 and some of the Episode III sound exceptionally interesting/promising. There was a lot filmed for 3 that was deleted because Lucas did a major re-write half-way through which changed Anakin's fall to be much more heavily weighted on the saving Padme idea vs disillusionment with the Jedi/attraction to Palpatine's ideas.. (essentially, seduced by the Dark Side). Damn my E3 being so close to release with all this new material nearly out!

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been looking for the list of Prequel deleted scenes and for some reason I can't remember where I found them earlier. But here's the info from TPM which I posted earlier

Episode I
• Archive Fly-Through
• Naboo
•Interviews
Naboo Overview / Liam Neeson Interview
•Deleted/Extended Scenes
•The Collection
360°Turnaronds / Video Commentaries
•Concept Art Gallery
• Tatooine
•Interview
Tatooine Overview / Rick McCallum Interview(Podracers) / Rick McCallum Interview(Filming in Tunisia)
•The Collection
•Concept Art Gallery:
• Coruscant:
•Interviews:
Coruscant Overview / George Lucas on Preparing to Write Episode I – 1994
•Deleted/Extended Scene:
Bail Organa of Alderaan
•The Collection: