• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
Here is a post I found somewhere:

"I agree that Sith was wicked good. It's a beautiful and powerful film. I adored it. But I CAN'T watch it. Just writing about it tears me up. I get haunted by it. It's too much. I felt this way a little bit by Empire with the big reveal after Luke loses his hand. But the haunting there lasted only a few weeks. It's been years since Sith and sometimes at night when I can't fall asleep my stream of consciousn*ess can end up on what happened to Anakin and I begin tearing up and can't get my thoughts off of it. No way I'd watch that entire film again. I'll dip into bits of it. But I will not put myself through that again.

Now that's a powerful film and Lucas has clearly mined something vital in the collective unconsciou*s there.

The only other film like that, one that I really think is a great film but will never watch again is Schindler'*s List. "

:?
floppy_fail.jpg

Hey, that girl has the exact same model computer as I!

Obi-Sock Kenobi

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Where do you recommend downloading star was fan edits? I downloaded from Linktalk forums, but it has been awhile since I downloaded and I don't know if that is still a good place or should I go elsewhere? I forgot how to use that flashget software too so a tutorial would be appreciated.

STANKPAC

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not sure if this has been posted before, but I thought this was pretty damn funny! :lol:
Darth Schwarzenegger:

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This should be made into a feature length movie

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Adywan has released a 7-minute clip of ESB:R on his FB feed as a tribute to his dad, featuring Yoda training Luke, Luke's encounter in the cave, and Capt. Needa finding and losing the Millennium Falcon. He has also announced that the release date has provisionally been pushed back to May 2012.

I would turn this into an article, but I'm sure there are those of us here who know Ady better and can provide more details.

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
One has to respect the man's attention to details.

Hymie

Reaction score
Trophy Points
geminigod said:
One has to respect the man's attention to details.

Personally, I think he's lost in the details.

I think he's trying so hard to things wrong with the film at this point that he forgot what the original intention of this project was (at least how he stated it was). This is ESB, after-all. The film that many fans consider the best and its taking him how long? I'm not trying to be negative (well, at least not in a mean spirited way) but at this point I wonder if 2012 is even a realistic possibility. Losing a loved one is hard on anyone and considering how's he's been treating the project for the last 3 years (longer than the film actually took to make ;-)) I seriously can't believe its coming out on that date. He seems intention on being the anti-Lucas on this project, focusing on getting every last detail to be absolutely perfect, that he has got caught up in it all and keeps finding things to fix rather than just putting out the film.

Regardless, I wish him the best and hope to watch it when/if it comes out.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hymie said:
He seems intention on being the anti-Lucas on this project, focusing on getting every last detail to be absolutely perfect, that he has got caught up in it all and keeps finding things to fix rather than just putting out the film.
You have watched ANH:R with the text commentary on, right?

Hymie

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, I have. But considering the amount of details that he seems to be going over in ESB, it just seems wrong to me.

ANH:SE is a severely flawed film in so many ways, and he did a wonderful job at correcting all the mistakes that people were complaining about (as well as quite a few people were unaware of). ESB:SE is a completely different beast, however, as other than the color correction there is very little changed in that film other than the few obvious examples. At this point however, we're going on 4 years and he's at the point now where he's shooting 2nd unit stuff to for some minute background stuff that's not even a big problem?

I'm not bitching about the quality of his work, he's clearly one of the most dedicated and talented editors in the community. He also has a knack for finding stuff that no one else notices and makes it wonderful. Its just coming for my POV, which is inconsequential mind you, that he is going way overboard on correcting the "problems" in the film. No film is perfect, but The Empire Strikes Back is about as close as you get to that in Star Wars and it just seems like the flaws he is finding are artificial at this point. My fear is that by the time you starts work on the prequels (which I have already accepted is not going to happen considering Return of the Jedi is next and his work is slowing down to a degree) that more than ten years will have passed since Star Wars Revisited came out.

Hell, when he finally releases it, I am more than willing to eat crow and enjoy the film, but personally the whole experience has weakened to me in a degree. Trying to follow the thread on OT is difficult to say the least, as people are more concerned with arguing with themselves most of the time rather than contribute ideas and assistance. Again, I'm not trying to stir up trouble, its just that I've been feeling these thoughts for some time and this was the best outlet for me to do so. I don't want to bring this thread into a discussion of ANH:R (as there's already a place for that) so I won't be doing any more so in this thread. Thanks to everyone for not jumping down my throat and if you've had any frustrations with the project as I've had, I hope you understand. Of course, Ady's personal problems are the number one priority in his life and that is nothing to question. My concerns are only about his work so thank you for understanding (or not ;-)).

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Plus, he's already directed a great film about a bucket-helmeted guy with a jet-pack. Who would be better suited? :)

(That said, f#$% Boba Fett. Boooor-ing. :p )

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can't check the article for a few hours so I can't see the details. The Fanboy in me says way cool. The realist in me says, leave well enough alone.

Perhaps if the PT had never been made this would sound like a good idea, perhaps even a brilliant idea, and Joe Johnston would add to that.. but my instinct says this would not go well. The problem is that because Boba is considered so cool, there is a move to soften him, to give him good-guy characteristics, more of a neutral gun for hire, which reduces his menace and bad-assedness. Part of Fett's success was his mystery.

But hey, couldn't be worse than the PT right?

Top Bottom