• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
336993.jpg

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
elbarto1 said:

I'm allergic to just about everything, and I've never wanted a dog. I think I might be tempted to make an exception in this case.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh, those over the top Holy Week Catholic processions of the South of Spain and their music bands...

This one is a joke video...

But this one is for real:

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Film School Rejects.com has posted the details on the BD set being released on September 16th (as expected, the original versions of the OT will not be included in the set, only the Special Editions releases):
http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/ne...ou-new-star-wars-blu-ray-details-revealed.php

STAR WARS: THE COMPLETE SAGA ON BLU-RAY is presented in widescreen with 6.1 DTS Surround Sound. Special features include:

DISC ONE - STAR WARS: EPISODE I THE PHANTOM MENACE
Audio Commentary with George Lucas, Rick McCallum, Ben Burtt, Rob Coleman, John Knoll, Dennis Muren and Scott Squires
Audio Commentary from Archival Interviews with Cast and Crew

DISC TWO - STAR WARS: EPISODE II ATTACK OF THE CLONES
Audio Commentary with George Lucas, Rick McCallum, Ben Burtt, Rob Coleman, Pablo Helman, John Knoll and Ben Snow

DISC THREE - STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH
Audio Commentary with George Lucas, Rick McCallum, Rob Coleman, John Knoll and Roger Guyett

DISC FOUR - STAR WARS: EPISODE IV A NEW HOPE
Audio Commentary with George Lucas, Carrie Fisher, Ben Burtt and Dennis Muren

DISC FIVE - STAR WARS: EPISODE V THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
Audio Commentary with George Lucas, Irvin Kershner, Carrie Fisher, Ben Burtt and Dennis Muren

DISC SIX - STAR WARS: EPISODE VI RETURN OF THE JEDI
Audio Commentary with George Lucas, Carrie Fisher, Ben Burtt and Dennis Muren

DISC SEVEN - NEW! STAR WARS ARCHIVES: EPISODES I-III
Including: deleted, extended and alternate scenes; prop, maquette and costume turnarounds; matte paintings and concept art; supplementary interviews with cast and crew; a flythrough of the Lucasfilm Archives and more

DISC EIGHT - NEW! STAR WARS ARCHIVES: EPISODES IV-VI
Including: deleted, extended and alternate scenes; prop, maquette and costume turnarounds; matte paintings and concept art; supplementary interviews with cast and crew; and more

DISC NINE - THE STAR WARS DOCUMENTARIES
NEW! Star Warriors (2007, Color, Apx. 84 Minutes) - Some Star Wars fans want to collect action figures...these fans want to be action figures! A tribute to the 501st Legion, a global organization of Star Wars costume enthusiasts, this insightful documentary shows how the super-fan club promotes interest in the films through charity and volunteer work at fundraisers and high-profile special events around the world.

NEW! A Conversation with the Masters: The Empire Strikes Back 30 Years Later (2010, Color, Apx. 25 Minutes) - George Lucas, Irvin Kershner, Lawrence Kasdan and John Williams look back on the making of The Empire Strikes Back in this in-depth retrospective from Lucasfilm created to help commemorate the 30th anniversary of the movie. The masters discuss and reminisce about one of the most beloved films of all time.

NEW! Star Wars Spoofs (2011, Color, Apx. 91 Minutes) - The farce is strong with this one! Enjoy a hilarious collection of Star Wars spoofs and parodies that have been created over the years, including outrageous clips from Family Guy, The Simpsons, How I Met Your Mother and more -- and don't miss "Weird Al" Yankovic's one-of-a-kind music video tribute to The Phantom Menace!

The Making of Star Wars (1977, Color, Apx. 49 Minutes) - Learn the incredible behind-the-scenes story of how the original Star Wars movie was brought to the big screen in this fascinating documentary hosted by C-3PO and R2-D2. Includes interviews with George Lucas and appearances by Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher.

The Empire Strikes Back: SPFX (1980, Color, Apx. 48 Minutes) - Learn the secrets of making movies in a galaxy far, far away. Hosted by Mark Hamill, this revealing documentary offers behind-the-scenes glimpses into the amazing special effects that transformed George Lucas' vision for Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back into reality!

Classic Creatures: Return of the Jedi (1983, Color, Apx. 48 Minutes) - Go behind the scenes -- and into the costumes -- as production footage from Return of the Jedi is interspersed with vintage monster movie clips in this in-depth exploration of the painstaking techniques utilized by George Lucas to create the classic creatures and characters seen in the film. Hosted and narrated by Carrie Fisher and Billie Dee Williams.

Anatomy of a Dewback (1997, Color, Apx. 26 Minutes) - See how some of the special effects in Star Wars became even more special two decades later! George Lucas explains and demonstrates how his team transformed the original dewback creatures from immovable rubber puppets (in the original 1977 release) to seemingly living, breathing creatures for the Star Wars 1997 Special Edition update.

Star Wars Tech (2007, Color, Apx. 46 Minutes) - Exploring the technical aspects of Star Wars vehicles, weapons and gadgetry, Star Wars Tech consults leading scientists in the fields of physics, prosthetics, lasers, engineering and astronomy to examine the plausibility of Star Wars technology based on science as we know it today.

lpd

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Forgot to say to everyone earlier, Happy Star Wars Day:
May the 4th be with you:)

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
And also with you.

Let us play...

... At being Jedi! :-D

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wait for tomorrow: revenge of the fifth...

:banplease:

FatherMerrin

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
Let us play... At being Jedi! :-D

hehehe I don't have to play at being a Jedi... because officially I AM ONE!

That's the problem with the UK Census they really shouldn't make the Religion section optional :D

May the Force be with us all:peace:

lpd

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Me too!
I'll see you in the temple on Sunday:p

yads

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm sure a lot of you have already seen this but for anyone who hasn't:

Made me a laugh a lot. And amazing that someone was able to make good use of that NOOOOOO!!!

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just saw the announcement they are going to release star wars phantom menace in theaters in 3D on the same day as learning that the original movies will not be included in the Blu Ray edition. Lucas is even more dead to me than he already was. His zombie-ass corpse has risen from the grave to wreck more havoc on those who gave their childhoods to immortalized him. Why... won't... he... rest... in peace!

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh well. At least its fodder for a whole new round of star wars movie fanediting in blu ray.

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yads said:
I'm sure a lot of you have already seen this but for anyone who hasn't:

Made me a laugh a lot. And amazing that someone was able to make good use of that NOOOOOO!!!

haha this is actually quite neat editing
Ady should include this as alternate ending - much more plausible than the original one ;)

but i was really hoping for a "double kill" losing both deathstar and yavin

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was hoping for the same ending Sunarep, but worth it for the embarrassment Luke gets back on Yavin!

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ha! An edit after my own heart.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here is a post I found somewhere:

"I agree that Sith was wicked good. It's a beautiful and powerful film. I adored it. But I CAN'T watch it. Just writing about it tears me up. I get haunted by it. It's too much. I felt this way a little bit by Empire with the big reveal after Luke loses his hand. But the haunting there lasted only a few weeks. It's been years since Sith and sometimes at night when I can't fall asleep my stream of consciousn­ess can end up on what happened to Anakin and I begin tearing up and can't get my thoughts off of it. No way I'd watch that entire film again. I'll dip into bits of it. But I will not put myself through that again.

Now that's a powerful film and Lucas has clearly mined something vital in the collective unconsciou­s there.

The only other film like that, one that I really think is a great film but will never watch again is Schindler'­s List. "

:?

Top Bottom