If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

SW - Star Wars
Sorry if I caused confusion. I can see how the use of serialized could be read that way. I simply meant that it was largely a series of standalone episodes with only a tenuous connection between episodes. I think you could virtually eliminate half the episodes (at least) and still have the full story. It reminded me of X Files in that some episodes were a standalone story-of-the-week and some were telling the larger story. I’d be happier if they did away with the story-of-the-week episodes for future seasons.
[+] 1 user Likes Moe_Syzlak's post
It's been enjoyable enough, TomH1138 .  I wouldn't retroactively put myself in that crowd going nuts at the announcement of the seventh season just yet, but I don't dislike the show.  It's watchable.  I'll be returning to it any time I resub for Plus, and eventually I might become a proper fan.
[+] 1 user Likes matrixgrindhouse's post
[+] 3 users Like DigModiFicaTion's post
(01-22-2020, 06:12 PM)Nic Wrote: Thought this was rather apt for our happy little website.
Disney seem to have copyright claimed it :/
The YouTube algorithm just kicked this up, from around the time of Solo's release. That's some seriously high production value (plus Abrams cameo!) for a cut sketch... and it's not even half bad! I mean, it's no classic, but I've seen much lamer from the SNL channel lately. Confused

Also, the first great life-size Baby Yoda replica is here (to pre-order). Looks great, but for $350, the lack of any articulation, even for the arms (where the socket would be covered by fabric anyway!), is disappointing.

[Image: vgafgktx4wohzz5ju0ln.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Gaith's post
(01-30-2020, 04:48 PM)Gaith Wrote: The YouTube algorithm just kicked this up, from around the time of Solo's release. That's some seriously high production value (plus Abrams cameo!) for a cut sketch... and it's not even half bad! I mean, it's no classic, but I've seen much lamer from the SNL channel lately. Confused

Oof. If thats a good recent skit, I would hate to see a bad one. It might have had some goofy charm if it was actually... live.
Gracious, my bones are aching. Storm's coming on.
[+] 2 users Like reave's post
Concur.  I bailed after about 90 seconds.
[+] 2 users Like TVs Frink's post
There are indeed many far worse recent SNL sketches, but it's not really a particularly good one, either. As far as recent SNL sketches go, this one is probably about as good as it gets:

But back on topic, test footage from the scrapped 2010 Star Wars television series "Underworld" has been released.

Courage, men! we've not sunk before, and we'll not sink now!
[+] 1 user Likes hbenthow's post
Always enjoyed these.
"Everything ends and it's always sad.  But everything begins again too and that's always happy.  Be happy." ~ The Doctor
[+] 2 users Like Handman's post
(01-24-2020, 10:05 AM)Moe_Syzlak Wrote: Sorry if I caused confusion. I can see how the use of serialized could be read that way. I simply meant that it was largely a series of standalone episodes with only a tenuous connection between episodes. I think you could virtually eliminate half the episodes (at least) and still have the full story. It reminded me of X Files in that some episodes were a standalone story-of-the-week and some were telling the larger story. I’d be happier if they did away with the story-of-the-week episodes for future seasons.

Ah, I see better what you mean now. Thanks for explaining!  Smile Also, sorry if I added to the confusion.