If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

SW - Star Wars

(^NSFW warning, it's Tarantino. Skip to 0.54 for the funny bit)
[+] 2 users Like TM2YC's post
Re: "Maclunkey":

I can't even get angry anymore at the changes. This new one is random and inexplicable and hilarious, and I can't help but love everything about it.

Besides, I've got 4K77 and Adywan's edits. I wish everyone could have those, but at least I can comfort myself with not having to see these changes when I watch the movie.

My favorite comment in a YouTube thread about this:

"Fans: Maybe we'll get the original versions of Star Wars now that Disney owns it
Disney: Muhclunky"

That being said, I doubt Disney was even aware of this. George gave them all the copies. One would naturally assume that the 4K version was identical to the then-just released 2011 versions, but one quality grade higher. Who on earth would think to say, "Hey, what if George changed just that one scene one more time so that Greedo spouts untranslated gibberish?"

Incidentally, the word around the 'net is that Sebulba says the same thing in TPM, and it basically means, "This will be the end of you." But if that's the case, why didn't George just put the translation in?

At this point, the Greedo scene just needs to get re-edited every year so we can always see new craziness. Next time, Greedo should get up and do a tap dance before sitting down and getting shot. 

Incidentally, I updated my profile picture on Facebook to that of Greedo's, and I changed my middle name on the site to "Maclunkey."
This is a great fan trailer for the Special Editions:

The ending makes me laugh Big Grin .
[+] 4 users Like TM2YC's post
(11-28-2019, 03:51 AM)TM2YC Wrote: This is a great fan trailer for the Special Editions:

The ending makes me laugh Big Grin .

It needs the Vader “noooooo!!!” at the very end.
[+] 1 user Likes theryaney's post
Will this mini-documentary lead to a groundswell of fan demand for a Clone Wars-style animated Disney+ Shadows of the Empire film? Almost certainly not. But I'd watch it, probably.

[+] 1 user Likes Gaith's post
I would definitely be down for a Shadows of the Empire series on Disney+. 

It's a very interesting story and a way to engage the older fans while letting newer ones get more exposure/appreciation for the OT era.  At this point some changes would clearly have to be made to accommodate newer novels and continuity, but I feel it would make for a good series.  Plus, you can always continue with a Dash Rendar series if SOTE proves popular.
[+] 1 user Likes Hymie's post
I loved Richard E. Grant's reaction. It may be his acting (I don't believe so), but I can feel the emotion in his breaking voice.
(12-04-2019, 04:53 PM)Canon Editor Wrote: I loved Richard E. Grant's reaction. It may be his acting (I don't believe so), but I can feel the emotion in his breaking voice.

Wow! and remember that guy doesn't ever drink Wink . Disney should just play that clip of Grant instead of all the trailers. I'm now super pumped for the film and sincerely hope I walk out feeling a 10th as happy as he did.
[+] 1 user Likes TM2YC's post