If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

SW - Star Wars
(06-20-2019, 08:18 PM)TVs Frink Wrote:
(06-20-2019, 07:21 PM)DigModiFicaTion Wrote:
(06-20-2019, 06:18 PM)wilhelm scream Wrote: Ivan Ortega's Last Jedi edit has FINALLY been released. I haven't watched it yet, but I will within the next few days.

Due to his choices that violate our rules, further discussion and promotion of his edit(s) should be moved off site.

There are dumpsters off-site, right?

I have no idea what those mean. But I doubt I'll talk about it again. I watched the edit, and it was pretty disappointing. Your better off with the anti-cringe cut.
You won't talk about it again, since a moderator told you not to.
[+] 2 users Like TVs Frink's post
(06-21-2019, 02:27 PM)Moe_Syzlak Wrote: I remember this old EU plot. It was difficult to follow. 

Luke and Han build and sell error-checking technology in their garage with the help of their droids R2D2 and C3PO. But when Luke and Han accidentally invent what they think is a time machine, Han builds a version capable of transporting a human and puts the device to the test in a storage unit. As the two friends obsess over their creation, they discover the dark consequences of their actions.

If I remember correctly, the title was makeup/paint-related or something.
[+] 1 user Likes theryaney's post
Star Wars (1977)
I re-watched this with my two young nephews (4 to 6 ish) who had not seen a live-action SW film before and was expecting them to perhaps get a little bored with the slow build up to the gang blasting "out of Mos Eisley". Not a bit of it, they were excited all the way through and were jumping up on the furniture afterwards shouting out their favourite bits. All those big moments still work the way they were intended 40-years later; swinging across the gorge, the "negative, it didn't go in" fake out, "use the force Luke", Solo coming to the rescue etc. Naturally I did not put on the SE blu-ray and went with NJVC's classy packaging of 'Harmy's Despecialized Edition', with 1977 35mm Stereo selected.

I've seen it countless times myself but during this viewing I was really taking note of the then innovative use of deep bass frequencies in the soundmix (particularly involving Vader) to effect the viewer. I was lovin' how janky and dangerously unpredictable the lightsaber FX looked compared to the smoother FX from all the other films, like they fizz with energy and lightning flashes when they touch. Also the blasters really tear up the scenery and put out some smoke in a visceral way, like a grenade is going off for every impact. Glorious stuff.

[+] 7 users Like TM2YC's post
An interesting primer on recent Obi-Wan comics...

(08-26-2019, 04:55 PM)TM2YC Wrote: Star Wars (1977)
I re-watched this with my two young nephews (4 to 6 ish) who had not seen a live-action SW film before and was expecting them to perhaps get a little bored with the slow build up to the gang blasting "out of Mos Eisley". Not a bit of it, they were excited all the way through and were jumping up on the furniture afterwards shouting out their favourite bits. All those big moments still work the way they were intended 40-years later; swinging across the gorge, the "negative, it didn't go in" fake out, "use the force Luke", Solo coming to the rescue etc. Naturally I did not put on the SE blu-ray and went with NJVC's classy packaging of 'Harmy's Despecialized Edition', with 1977 35mm Stereo selected.

I've seen it countless times myself but during this viewing I was really taking note of the then innovative use of deep bass frequencies in the soundmix (particularly involving Vader) to effect the viewer. I was lovin' how janky and dangerously unpredictable the lightsaber FX looked compared to the smoother FX from all the other films, like they fizz with energy and lightning flashes when they touch. Also the blasters really tear up the scenery and put out some smoke in a visceral way, like a grenade is going off for every impact. Glorious stuff.

Had a similar experience a couple years ago, watching the entire trilogy with a girlfriend who didn't know anything about star wars. She absolutely loved it and everything affected her the way it was supposed to, including the shock and awe of the Vader being a Luke's father revelation. The whole experience was pure magic.
(09-02-2019, 07:09 PM)Possessed Wrote:
(08-26-2019, 04:55 PM)TM2YC Wrote: Star Wars (1977)

Had a similar experience a couple years ago, watching the entire trilogy with a girlfriend who didn't know anything about star wars. She absolutely loved it and everything affected her the way it was supposed to, including the shock and awe of the Vader being a Luke's father revelation. The whole experience was pure magic.

Unfortunately that's not going to happen when they watch ESB because they were already immersed in SW stuff through Disney cartoons, lego, marketing etc. When Ben said Darth Vader "betrayed and murdered your father" one of them commented that that was a lie because Anakin was Luke's father.
(09-03-2019, 02:43 AM)TM2YC Wrote: When Ben said Darth Vader "betrayed and murdered your father" one of them commented that that was a lie because Anakin was Luke's father.

But what he said was true... from a certain point of view.
"I live in the Tower of Flints. I am the death-owl."

COMPLETED: IFDB
ITW: The Ledzeppership of The Rings ~ TMWKTM (1956)
IDEAS: Thread ~ B+ Movie Series ~ Anatomy of a Shrinking Man ~ Avatar: TLA (TV-Movie Project)
[+] 4 users Like The Scribbling Man's post
This gives me yet another excuse to post my favorite Star Wars comic.

[Image: fbd197c98042a357e59c22dc3d441907.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like Moe_Syzlak's post
reave posted some SW copypasta on Discord a bit ago and what I took from it was he always wanted to have sex with his sister.
[+] 3 users Like TVs Frink's post