• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

ShortRound24

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's official. Zack Snyder and David Goyer are penning the script for a Batman/Superman movie, planning to shoot in 2014. Amazingly enough this mirrored my own thoughts on how to expand after 'Man Of Steel.' Snyder himself has said that that Batman/Superman film is a "sequel" to 'Man Of Steel.'

These are my thoughts on how a Justice League movie could formulate from 'Man Of Steel' and beyond.

Superman should be the catalysis for the emergence of all these superheroes, in one form or another. The context surrounding this world would be that everyone is interested in Superman and Krypton; Scientists have diverted their efforts to study (in theory) how Superman achieves all his powers. NASA collaborates with Lexcorp and sends a probe to search from the remains of Krypton. Lex Luthor has also placed large sums of money into the Metropolis reconstruction, and publicly sets out to find if Zod's terraforming machines have affected Earth. Lexcorp opens a massive research and mining lad just outside Metropolis.

The Batman/Superman Movie.

• Establish Metropolis citizens thoughts on Superman. Open with him saving someone. Hint at Luthor's campaign against Superman.
  • Everyone is interested in Superman and that includes Bruce Wayne, who buys the Daily Planet, as an elegant solution to getting inside scopes on the Man of Steel.
  • Bruce visits the Planet and Perry introduces him to Clark and Lois.
  • Luthor starts developing superpower serum at Lexcorp lab outside Metropolis, based on theoretical knowledge of Krypton's gravity/atmosphere.
  • Lexcorp's mining operation heavily recruits more laborers under minimum wage. High school drop out Barry Allen signs in.
  • Lois investigates Lexcorp operations outside Metropolis.
  • Bruce uses his detective skills and works out Clark is Superman. They formulate a mutual friendship, Bruce opens up about his nighttime endeavors. Some sort of action scene between the two. They talk about saving the world, how Superman can be a more global figure and that Batman is dedicated Gotham.
  • A stormy a night... Lexcorp finds a Kryptonian vessel, they awaken Doomsday, the lab is ripped apart and a certain worker falls into the prototype super serum. Lighting strikes.
  • Superman is called to duty, he rescues those in danger at Lexcorp, while trying to subdue Doomsday.
  • Superman plunges Doomsday into a lake before Metropolis. Flys off to his reconstructed Fortress of Solitude with Lois. He knows that Doomsday will return. Superman fears the worst, some emotional stuff with Lois. Batman arrives at the Fortress in his Batwing. Superman warns Batman to stay out of it, obviously he refuses. Lois is charge with warning Metropolis to evacuate.
  • They fight Doomsday, Superman attempts to move the fight else where. Imagine him flying up into the air with Doomsday, who is just whaling on him. Metropolis crumbles, again.
  • Batman is severely injured. Superman and Doomsday take their final punches to each other. They both die.
  • Funeral epilogue. Superman stays dead!

Justice League Movie.

• Opens with the Amazonian's fighting Ares. He is imprisoned on Paradise Island. They exist in a higher dimension, think of it like the electromagnetic spectrum. We can't see them.
  • Bruce wanders the Fortress of Solitude, we see Superman encased in a clear capsule. Bruce also finds a key, similar to the one that Jor-El leaves baby Kal-El. Its a recording of Clark wishing that Batman extend his jurisdiction to at least Metropolis. Bruce still feels an obligation to Gotham, however wants to honor his friends request.
  • Bruce finds Barry Allen through a trail of clues detailing with new powers. Bruce believes he can protect Metropolis. He helps build a suit.
  • Ares escapes Paradise Island by creating a dimensional rift dropping into our dimension, we get an action scene introducing Wonder Woman. The fight ensues beyond Paradise Island alerting Batman and The Flash.
  • The three heroes meet up.
  • Climax at a volcano ('cause volcanoes are cool) major fight between The Flash and Ares.
  • It seems like all hope is lost when Superman returns! His "death" allowed his consciousness to identify and experience other dimensions. This is may upset some fans but I think it would be cool if Superman could swap in and out of other dimensions at will. Imagine him appearing and disappearing during a fight, using momentum from the other dimensions.
  • Some kind of ending. Haha.

From here Warner Bros could branch out and tell stories about The Flash and Wonder Women and perhaps a true sequel to 'Man of Steel'

Moving on from what I think (and hope) for the new film, I also read that they will be using Frank Miller's 'The Dark Knight Returns'
as inspiration. This could also work with the Batman Beyond rumors that have been circulating the web recently.

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Most of what you just sounds more planned out than how I feel WB currently has things going. If I were to make a Justice League movie I'd have taken the pilot episode of the animated series and stretch it out to 90 minutes or two hours with White Martians invading earth,causing more heroes to emerge and Batman, Superman, and Martian Manhunter (or hopefully Wonder Woman) and recruit them into a team. I'd actually want Aquaman in on this, 'cause he owns 71% of the earth, and I totally see him bringing in a whole sort of Atlantian technology and deadly sea creatures (RELEASE THE KRAKEN!) against alien invaders.

ShortRound24

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nic said:
I totally see him bringing in a whole sort of Atlantian technology and deadly sea creatures (RELEASE THE KRAKEN!) against alien invaders.

This actually sounds pretty cool, an something different from what we've seen in Earth vs. Aliens movie before.

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have to say that I"m really looking forward to seeing how this turns out. It's bout time that WB/DC did this. Now it'll be interesting to see who's going to be playing the next Batman (which could turn out horrible possibly if done wrong). I wouldn't mind seeing Matt Bomer or Luke Evans as Batman.

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If they do this movie, I just want to see them duke it out in one scene and Batman wins, like in Dark Knight Returns (i.e. the classic Frank Miller comic series).

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Already bought the pop corn
tumblr_mnj2my6MvV1s9pzsmo1_250.gif

Bring it on!

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'll just say what we should all be thinking:
karlurban.jpg

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nic said:
I'll just say what we should all be thinking:
karlurban.jpg
Good choice, but the guy is already a badass masked hero fighting crime
Dredd+3D.jpg

I would much rather see him in a Dredd sequel (hopefully!). He nailed that character. Doing Batman would feel too similar i think. I would prefer to see someone else.

WyndorfDave

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just hope the writing is given more attention. David Goyer is a bit of an amateur for a project THIS big. IMHO.

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
g1orkatsos said:
Good choice, but the guy is already a badass masked hero fighting crime
Dredd+3D.jpg

I would much rather see him in a Dredd sequel (hopefully!). He nailed that character. Doing Batman would feel too similar i think. I would prefer to see someone else.

I'd have to agree. If they are not going to be making a Dredd Sequel than I think he'd be a great casting choice for the new Batman. And he'd fit the New52 version of Bats for sure.

ShortRound24

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'd be interested to see them explore further mythos of Batman we haven't seen on screen before such as Batman Beyond. They could cast in older actor in the part of Bruce Wayne, (Michael Keaton ;-)) who dawns the cowl one last time with/against Superman. This experience with Supes would inspire him to train a new generation.

Solid11

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just gonna say - this movie won't be good... I'm sorry, but it just won't be.

First off, I feel that anytime you introduce any other characters to the Batman universe, it all gets tainted. The Batman universe is a real world (ish) one. Introduce aliens and world-wide apocalypses? No thanks... The scale gets thrown off and you lose what makes Batman "real". As soon as you enter that realm, you lose a lot of what makes Batman appealing.

I'm the hero planet Earth needs... not the one it... nevermind... :p

Man of Steel potential spoiler...
It's easier for us to have a reference point for someone threatening or trying to save, a city. But global scale? You lose something... That was one of the problems with Man of Steel (and Avengers) for me. If it was a smaller threat to just Metropolis that makes Kal-El reveal himself, that would have been great. Maybe even have Kal fail to save people as a kid/teen... Have him trying to get over the guilt about not doing enough, or not acting soon enough. If the focus of the movie was about that struggle of failing, not being able to save everyone all the time, but getting up and trying again, it would have been a much better movie. They went way too big, way too fast...

Man of Steel was close to being great on its own. Try and salvage this version of Supes instead of going straight for the combo.

Why put them together if it... isn't... about... money...? Oh... ... ...nevermind... :-(

Of course, this is all my opinion - and if I'm wrong - I'll be pleasantly surprised! But if I'm right, I won't be horribly and sadly disappointed either...

Negative Nancy, out :p

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wait... wait... they're not really gonna call it Superman and Batman, are they?! :p

I am far more excited for The Wolverine than this, and I'm iffy on The Wolverine. :p

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Solid11 said:
Just gonna say - this movie won't be good... I'm sorry, but it just won't be.

First off, I feel that anytime you introduce any other characters to the Batman universe, it all gets tainted. The Batman universe is a real world (ish) one. Introduce aliens and world-wide apocalypses? No thanks... The scale gets thrown off and you lose what makes Batman "real". As soon as you enter that realm, you lose a lot of what makes Batman appealing.

I'm the hero planet Earth needs... not the one it... nevermind... :p

Man of Steel potential spoiler...
It's easier for us to have a reference point for someone threatening or trying to save, a city. But global scale? You lose something... That was one of the problems with Man of Steel (and Avengers) for me. If it was a smaller threat to just Metropolis that makes Kal-El reveal himself, that would have been great. Maybe even have Kal fail to save people as a kid/teen... Have him trying to get over the guilt about not doing enough, or not acting soon enough. If the focus of the movie was about that struggle of failing, not being able to save everyone all the time, but getting up and trying again, it would have been a much better movie. They went way too big, way too fast...

Man of Steel was close to being great on its own. Try and salvage this version of Supes instead of going straight for the combo.

Why put them together if it... isn't... about... money...? Oh... ... ...nevermind... :-(

Of course, this is all my opinion - and if I'm wrong - I'll be pleasantly surprised! But if I'm right, I won't be horribly and sadly disappointed either...

Negative Nancy, out :p

I kind of agree with all of this to the extent that I have never been a fan of Justice League because Batman is my favorite of those characters and it taints is character IMO to be working with others. Its just not his style. He is not a team player. That said, there are some great comic stories where Batman and Superman interact, however they are never in a Justice League context, and usually one or the other gets more of the spotlight.

Once again, if you haven't read Dark Knight Returns, read it, or watch the awesome animated version of it that was just done recently. It is usually ranked right up there with Watchmen as one of the most quintessential comic stories ever. I would love to see this story done and with a setup for a futuristic spinoff character that old Batman trains. Maybe adapt the story a bit so the young character is a bit more original and badass than the whole Robin persona.

The challenge with that story though is Superman is just a supporting character who gets pwned my Batman.

Solid11

Reaction score
Trophy Points
geminigod said:
I kind of agree with all of this to the extent that I have never been a fan of Justice League because Batman is my favorite of those characters and it taints is character IMO to be working with others. Its just not his style. He is not a team player. That said, there are some great comic stories where Batman and Superman interact, however they are never in a Justice League context, and usually one or the other gets more of the spotlight.

Once again, if you haven't read Dark Knight Returns, read it, or watch the awesome animated version of it that was just done recently. It is usually ranked right up there with Watchmen as one of the most quintessential comic stories ever. I would love to see this story done and with a setup for a futuristic spinoff character that old Batman trains. Maybe adapt the story a bit so the young character is a bit more original and badass than the whole Robin persona.

The challenge with that story though is Superman is just a supporting character who gets pwned my Batman.
Yeah, I'm an avid Batman graphic novel reader. I've read both Dark Knight Returns and Dark Knight Strikes Again and sadly didn't see what all the fuss was about. Parts of it were cool, but overall I felt it was meh. The ending to Returns though... that's a very 'Batman' ending.

Re: Superman just a supporting character in a Batman story, Hush is done very well in that respect.
But like Dark Knight Returns - Superman is just beat up, pretty easily, by Batman.

Superman graphic novels I would recommend are Superman: For All Seasons, and Superman: Earth One. Those are the 2 best incarnations of Superman that I have seen. My friend and I were expecting Man of Steel to be the movie version of Superman: Earth One - and it's sooo close... but still off so far...

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have difficulties to imagine Batman and Superman sharing the same adventures. That said I never read a comic book with both of them. And I first thought Avengers would look silly on screen and it turned out to be very well handed, so what do I know about superheroes movies?
There are too many of them, that's all I know for sure though!

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Solid11 said:
Yeah, I'm an avid Batman graphic novel reader. I've read both Dark Knight Returns and Dark Knight Strikes Again and sadly didn't see what all the fuss was about. Parts of it were cool, but overall I felt it was meh. The ending to Returns though... that's a very 'Batman' ending.

Re: Superman just a supporting character in a Batman story, Hush is done very well in that respect.
But like Dark Knight Returns - Superman is just beat up, pretty easily, by Batman.

Superman graphic novels I would recommend are Superman: For All Seasons, and Superman: Earth One. Those are the 2 best incarnations of Superman that I have seen. My friend and I were expecting Man of Steel to be the movie version of Superman: Earth One - and it's sooo close... but still off so far...

I'll have to check out your recommendations one of these days.

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Has anyone messed around with any good comic book ipad apps?

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Agree that Batman's world and Superman's world are completely different.
Why would a being with super strength, X-ray vision (if he stares at Lois long enough, will he give her cancer?), able to fly, turn back time, wreck asteroids - cities - livestock, why would he team up with an rich, playboy athlete with cool toys?
Superman is invincible, and inherently boring. Sorta like Star Trek's Enterprise often needed technical malfunctions so adversaries would have a quasi chance.
On the other hand, perhaps this will be where Justin Bieber makes his cinematic debut.

Top Bottom