• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

IFDB Review: Prometheus - Dealienated Edition:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finally, somebody be pimpin' Prometheus condensed-style, yo. Much that is craptastic is gone, and Raven's clever solutions fix such scenes as the falling spaceship donut roll suspense and the surgical spa welcoming monster.I would have preferred a few additional bits cut or rearranged for narrative's sake, but these are personal preferences of the I-personally-prefer kind, and I'd rather discuss these in the Prometheus fanedit ideas thread than air them here.Going into the experience, I was aware of the picture quality, and I anticipated I'd be put off by, nay, in nut-crunching agony because of the low resolution, and though the image truly ain't crisp, I quickly saw its advantages: it takes the 'edge' off the CGI, making it notably more believable. Huh, who woulda thunk. Just relax, pretend you're watching a really decent pre-CGI-era movie in ugly standard-def on a premodern terebizhyun set while wearing corduroy and making out with a chick while one of you wears a Nixon mask, whomever you think deserves it. Revel in the ugliness, if you can.So the low resolution, though probably unintentional, is welcome because it makes the experience interesting. Not so favorable is another visual issue. From the DVD iso, I encoded an mp4 of the edit at the native frame rate, 23.976 FPS. This produced judder of feature-length duration, and every scene with significant motion suffered, or juffered.Pro tip: Encode at 30 frames per second, which got me smoother, creamier, simply richer results. Now that's satisfaction.A fun ride, to the tune of nine pelvic aerothrusts.

More...

Back
Top Bottom