• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Video Games

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
I've been playing Hitman Absolution after buying it from a thrift store last week. I really love it. I've tried a couple other games in the series before, but I couldn't really get into them.

Strange, I've played all of the Hitman games (except the last 2) and I thought Absolution was the worst.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've heard that the general consensus is that it's a great game, but a terrible Hitman game. I guess that just means that the series really isn't meant for me.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have Hitman Absolution, but haven't been able to play it much. What I did play I enjoyed though.

I actually own most of the Hitman games, but have only properly played the second one. Got stuck on the snowy Russian level. Pretty tricky level that.

ChainsawAsh

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Can't wait until I get a new PS4 to replace my old one so I can finally play Detroit: Become Human (it's free on PS Plus this month and I already claimed my copy, so I "have" the game already).

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am really slacking in my ps4 gaming. I haven't played much Detroit yet, I need to check out Last Guardian, I've hardly played my Soul Calibur 6, and I really need to play more Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet. I really need to check out Persona 5, though I think I might play the first 3 first since I have them on psp.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Same, the newest PlayStation game I've played is Mega Man X8 for the PS2. It was gud tho

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really need to get around to playing all the X games. I think I own them all except for 7, which I'm fine with not having.

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been playing the first 2 Max Payne games in preparation of the edit of the movie by CrzChris5, and I was reminded how amazing they were. I think I'll give the third game a go when it goes on sale on Steam.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
I really need to get around to playing all the X games. I think I own them all except for 7, which I'm fine with not having.

Yeah, skip 6 and 7. And for 5 get the Rom hack. And for 3, get the zero project.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just beat Fall of the Foot Clan, the first Gameboy Ninja Turtles game. It was very fun and had good graphics. Mayhaps my new favorite old tmnt game?

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just finished playing Half-Life and Half-Life 2 (and it's episodes), amazing games! Can't believe Valva never bothered to resolve the cliffhanger episode 2 ended on. Oh well, at least fans are doing that via fan-made games (Project Borealis and Boreal Alyph).

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
wilhelm scream said:
I recently played the Blade Runner video game for the first time ever and it captured the essence of the movie perfectly: https://www.gog.com/game/blade_runner

I've heard really good things about this but haven't really ever gotten into point and click games. What's the gameplay like? Is it tedious and repetitive or is it pretty easy to get into?

I've also heard good things about the Indiana Jones point and click game with Atlantis in the title, if you're interested in more Harrison Ford movie game stuff.

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
wilhelm scream said:
I recently played the Blade Runner video game for the first time ever and it captured the essence of the movie perfectly: https://www.gog.com/game/blade_runner

I've heard really good things about this but haven't really ever gotten into point and click games. What's the gameplay like? Is it tedious and repetitive or is it pretty easy to get into?

I've also heard good things about the Indiana Jones point and click game with Atlantis in the title, if you're interested in more Harrison Ford movie game stuff.

I would say it's pretty easy to get into (then again, I've been playing video games for a very long time).

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Blade Runner game is one of the all-time greats IMO. I was going to post that it finally became available on GOG.

A police procedural which can genuinely play differently every time, so there is a lot of millage there. How you speak to the characters, handle evidence and where you are and when will effect which of about 12 endings you get. It's not as simple as you choosing to act like a cold hard killer, or like a replicant sympathizer. The atmosphere, music, lighting and sound is spot on to the movie and the voice acting is great. You play a parallel story with the film's story going on in the background, it's similar enough but different enough to feel like you are experiencing the film but also doing your own thing. The graphics look dated but not as much as you'd expect after 20 years, that's more down to the resolution they had to render them at in '97 so PCs could cope, than the way they look. Highly recommended.

This is the best resolution I could find the trailer in:

There are screengrabs and an intro video here:

https://www.gog.com/game/blade_runner

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
The Blade Runner game is one of the all-time greats IMO. I was going to post that it finally became available on GOG.

A police procedural which can genuinely play differently every time, so there is a lot of millage there. How you speak to the characters, handle evidence and where you are and when will effect which of about 12 endings you get. It's not as simple as you choosing to act like a cold hard killer, or like a replicant sympathizer. The atmosphere, music, lighting and sound is spot on to the movie and the voice acting is great. You play a parallel story with the film's story going on in the background, it's similar enough but different enough to feel like you are experiencing the film but also doing your own thing. The graphics look dated but not as much as you'd expect after 20 years, that's more down to the resolution they had to render them at in '97 so PCs could cope, than the way they look. Highly recommended.

This is the best resolution I could find the trailer in:

There are screengrabs and an intro video here:

https://www.gog.com/game/blade_runner

The reason it took so long to become available because the source code was lost, which meant that programmers had to spend around 8 years dissecting the code from Blade Runner’s original CDs and then painstakingly putting it together again to form the digital version.

It also comes with an option to play it with cut content (e.g. an extra ending). I didn't because I have other games I need to play (I just played through the started version once).

Garp

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anyone play Star Wars Galaxies? I discovered it after hearing a podcast that mentioned the book 'Ruins of Dantooine'. I read it (it's not very good) and it got me wanting to play the game it's based on. There are a couple of notable emulators - the SWG Emu, which is based on the original version, and SWG Legends, based on the updated version. I've tried both. The original seems much more involved with a steep learning curve I've yet to climb, whilst the other is more linear and, as such, easier. Anyone ever play it when it was active? Play it now? Which one (I believe there are other emulators, too)? Any tips?

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I learned of its existence too late. I'd love to get into it, I completely forgot about the emulators for it. When I last checked they weren't super far in development, but that was a few years ago.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was watching a video on this forthcoming Samurai PS4 game 'Ghost of Tsushima':

From about 15-mins in they are talking about the option to play it in subtitled Japanese language mode, combined with a black & white, film grain/damage mode. It looks like the closest thing I've seen to being able to play inside a classic Samurai movie. They've got the wind swept cinematography just right. I really hope this one lives up to the promise.

Top Bottom