• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Fear and Loathing in The Star Wars Holiday Special

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was scanning through the SW holiday special (Never watched it properly before 'cause I couldn't stand it :oops:) for my Workprint project and noticed that some of it comes off like a terifying acid-trip nightmare.:)

Has anybody tried making a mad rambling mix of the most disturbing shots and sounds of this notrious disaster? If not then I'm up for making one. It would be quite short, a little funny, a little scary and a lot crazy. I probably woudn't tamper with the footage (e.g. slow mo, strange FX, messing with the sound) as I'd want the crazyness to speak for itself. I'd just be taking it all out of context.

9117416829_9f565b4292_o.jpg

Think this could be an interesting one.:-D

Love the Velvets reference!

nOmArch said:
Love the Velvets reference!

I was pleased with how it turned out, thanks.

I've uploaded a brief clip of the HS that requires no editing at all to make it seem like the work of a lunatic...

so lucas was nuts well before the prequels.

fascinating.jpg

like a lost episode of Mtv's liquid television

PS: Hey SSJ, Lucas had much of nothing to do with this special, another reason why it turned out like it did

Yeah, but all that matters is the picture he posted. :D

The operational system here is if a little bit of drugs makes you a little bit creative, a lot of drugs will make you a lot creative.

So when the valve of the nitrous tank is frosted over and slowly bleeding out, and you've pissed yourself lying on the floor of the recording studio control room, and your production manager is on the phone wanting to know what you did with the rental car budget, do you rethink that operational system?

Oh heavens no.

Pete Green would probably agree.

Uploading now :)

darth_vader_pot_smoking.jpg

Here it is space cadets, in all it's incomprehensible glory... :)

Fear and Loathing in the Star Wars Holiday Special (A TM2YC FanEdit)

(^ Click on the Vimeo button to watch it in fullscreen)

^ It's about 15 minutes (Not including intro and credits) of the most disturbing, the funniest and the most baffling footage from the SWHS. I suggest pouring yourself beer* (Or something stronger or stranger), turning off the lights and taking a voyage into Director Steve Binder's "Vision" of family entertainment. A vision so trippy and demented that even George Lucas couldn't top it when he came to make his Prequels (God knows he tried!).

I have not...
- Added any sound or visuals (Outside of the opening titles and credit music)
- Added any slow-mo
- Adjust colours
- Re-dubbed any audio
- Or applied any visual FX
... i.e. if it looks crazy here, it looked crazy when it was first broadcast on an unsuspecting public in novemer 1978.

Obviously the visual quality is limited by the VHS source material of this never-commercialy-released car-crash TV show.

(* I laughed my ass off watching this back with a mug of Ale last night :-D).

No wonder Wookies can't utter a coherent word. They're traumatized from birth.

Nice remix, very Max Headroom. Unfortunately I am no Bea Arthur fan. :bowl:

Brumous said:
No wonder Wookies can't utter a coherent word. They're traumatized from birth.

Nice remix, very Max Headroom. Unfortunately I am no Bea Arthur fan. :bowl:

That song is almost the maddest part. Bea Arthur serenading a scary giant rat, a bar room full of drunken aliens and a waltz with Ponda Baba. Plus love the Cantina band guy doing an Oboe solo as he goes out the door :-D

"Are you Alone?"

(Stormtrooper stroking that item):)

"Go clean up your room"

Oh there's gold in them hills with this. APPROVE, APPROVE!

Zarius said:
"Are you Alone?"

(Stormtrooper stroking that item):)

"Go clean up your room"

Oh there's gold in them hills with this. APPROVE, APPROVE!

Thanks!

"Go clean up your room"

Is one of my favourite moments too. Not sure why. The actor's deadly serious delivery is part of it, like he thinks he's in Schindler's List or something.

Clever idea for an edit! I tried to do a straight edit last year; I did remove the worst parts, but it still is a pretty joyless experience to watch. Maybe the David Lynch approach will work better.

Steve Binder directed this?? Mind = BLOWN.

I'm a big 60s music fan, and "The T.A.M.I. Show" (directed by Binder) is the best show documentary about pop music ever. It's surprisingly weird for a documentary, although that's probably not surprising for you Star Wars fans. But it's extremely good and well-directed.

I get the feeling he was somewhat uneven as a director, though. ;)

Could a kindly admin move this thread to 'finished' please? :)

"Some trippy shnizit this is, ready to freakout the squares it is"

tumblr_ma3l59bmVB1qeqdyzo1_500.jpg

My review from IFDB. I gave it a 10 for enjoyment:

What a truly horrifying experience. Once I started watching, I couldn't avert my eyes. I became mesmerized by this gratuitous spectacle that is "Fear and Loathing in the Star Wars Holiday Special." The editor called it, when he said this "comes off like a terrifying acid-trip nightmare." No horror movie ever made can do this justice.

Watch at your own risk, however do check your health insurance coverage for psychiatric care before so.

Back
Top Bottom