• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

IFDB Review: Prometheus – Special Edition:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Prometheus - Agent 9 editI enjoyed the theatrical release of this film. Critics or fanboys who complained, I shrugged at.What did they expect? Scott has always been a loose director, permitting plot gaps and unanswered questions. I have no doubt that in ten years, Prometheus will be regarded as a Sci Fi classic.What Agent 9 preformed was an outstanding overhaul.He threw the yoke of structure onto the film and straightened the narrative. Taut, focused.Everything he added, I enjoyed. Everything tossed ... well ... (SPOILER) ... I missed the opening Engineer sequence. Mainly because it was so visually arresting. To be honest, however, while cool looking it seemed disconnected from what followed. More parable than plot point. I warmed to the Weyland speech.Other trims were fine, especially the two button heads who, as screened, seemed little more than comic Jar Jars.I cannot stress how amazing the visual work was. Demo clinic time.Sorry, quibbles.The audio was two channel stereo. Visuals were spectacular, but the audio was two channel stereo. I mean, really?The mp4 version was one long chapter. Like Prince’s “Lovesexy” or Lynch’s Mulholland Drive. One chapter. Please, more breaks next time.Anyway, this is one helluva an edit, and I look forward to A9 repairing Prometheus 2.

More...

Back
Top Bottom