• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: FvJ:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The following review was originally written on October 24th, 2012 after I had finished watching a marathon of all 3 films. I didn't submit it at the time because the edit had recently been released and my review contains spoilers. Since there are no spoiler tags here I didn't want to spoil the edits for anybody. In case you haven't seen the edits yet you might want to avoid reading it until you have.My review:Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare - The Horror CutVery well executed. I could tell that some stuff was missing, but not everything. I didn't realize about some of it until I listened to the commentary track. This is a definite improvement over the theatrical cut. Freddy is no longer comic relief but a serious threat.I did notice one mistake though. And this has nothing to do with the editing, or the film itself really, but Juice misspelled his name during the opening credits. lol Instead of crediting himself as Juice4z0 he credited himself as Juicez0.Friday The 13th: The Long Night At Camp BloodA good solid edit. Loved the recap, but felt that the new pre-credit sequence was unnecessary. It really felt like it didn't belong, almost like the pre-credit sequence in the remake. Just a random bunch of kids to kill before the movie gets underway. Maybe it's just that I've seen Jason Goes To Hell like 20 or so times since I first saw it on opening night back in 1993 and that scene just sticks out for me. Sorry.I never really liked Teddy though, he just always annoyed me with his "You want to give Teddy Bear a kiss?", and of course the "Dead fuck" and "Let's put it in the old computer" bullshit. Glad you trimmed him down. Still annoying, but you can't really fix that without getting rid of him completely.Now as for the ending? I fucking loved it! I'm surprised you didn't keep the part where Tommy grabs the machete and just goes ape shit hacking away at Jason's head though. You probably could have kept that bit in and still ended it like you did. I thought it was brilliant that you used the beginning of The Final Chapter as the ending instead. And that music. The combination of seeing Axel wheel Jason into the morgue and put him in the freezer, along with the music, really made me feel like I was watching Faces Of Death. And nice little twist at the very end. I didn't think you were going to go there, but you did. Nicely done.FvJAgain, the footage from Jason Goes To Hell feels out of place, but this time only because of the difference in quality. It works perfectly otherwise though. I would like to know though how you can explain Jason being dragged down to Hell yet somehow emerging from the water. Would it have been impossible to use the footage of him coming back to life in Jason Lives?I think it's a shame that the Freddy snake, or whatever the hell that thing was, was still in the film. That is definitely one of the stupider parts of the film which could of at least have been cut in half. Also the scene where the cop is telling the kids about Jason and you intercut it with footage of what he's saying just felt unnecessary. We already know all about Jason and have seen all the films so the footage isn't necessary.The movie itself though was great. Well maybe not great, but a big improvement over the original, which actually makes it watchable now. And once again I fucking loved the ending! I had to listen to the commentary track to discover what movie the footage used was from, and now I am definitely going to have to see The Cabin In The Woods. And I know you explain on the commentary track what the ending is supposed to signify, but that's not the way I saw it. I saw it more as these events were actually taking place, and these guys behind the scenes somehow had a hand in bringing it all together. Kinda like a Truman Show-type deal but with murder. And all the clips shown during the end credits split screen were just other events/battles/whatever that they were responsible for.Now about the commentaries. They didn't feel as much as commentaries as just two guys sitting around talking while they watched movies. Very enjoyable though. And I was a little surprised to hear my name brought up so many times. Thanks for clearing up that whole thing with Halloween III. When I first watched it I couldn't help but feel like I had missed it, but then I find out I didn't miss anything because you guys never actually used any footage from it.

More...

Top Bottom