• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

IFDB Review: FvJ:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Final Nightmare: The Horror Cutit's been a long time since i've seen Freddy 6, the only reason i own it is because the completest in me has to have all the films, so going into juice4z0 edit was like watching the film for the first time. i never minded joker freddy i like in parts 3-5 he would kill his victims by using their fears but perhaps part 6 was a step too far with freddy nodding and winking to the camera. juice4z0 successfully cuts all this from the edit giving us a freddy who's more remonstrant from part 3. this doe's however result in a freddy movie which we don't see anyone being killed but rather left to our imagination. overall i was surprised by how much i enjoyed part 6, it has a twin peaks vibe to the film and while the acting, story, execution may not be the best and to which no faneditor could work on to improve it's a fun ride. i'd now consider this to be the second worst freddy film above part 5. 6/10Friday the 13th: The Long Night At Camp Bloodfriday the 13th probably just nudges freddy as my favourite horror franchise, i love parts 1-5 for what they are. the cuts that were made are done well but i'd have to agree with last survivor regarding this edit in that i was expecting something more radical and for the most part it felt as if i was just watching part 4. one way could have been to separate the kids from the family and tell them as two different stories that would then connect at the end. saying that these films are never very long so an editor doesn't have a lot to work with. 5/10FvJthe original film manages to capture and combine both movies franchise really well, and it's a real return to forum for our main villains. while you'll never go into these films with high exceptions regarding plot, acting ect.. it is fun and enjoyable.i was confused by the opening to this edit as within the first 10-15mins we are shown three different Jason's. the one from hell looks completely different from the overs and is blown up in the opening act only to be stalking a young teenager once again a couple of minutes later. i think it resulted in too much screen time to jason. the scene from part 8 i feel should have been cut as their deaths have no impact within the story and become meaningless. as with the friday edit there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of changes made to the film and for the most part it felt as if i was watching my dvd copy, the ending was great though perhaps this could have been a running theme throughout the edit? 6/10overall the three edits from a technical point are well done, the changes are not noticeable and they all look great. i'm not sure if the edits are connected within a shared universe as well as they could have been though going into the edit i viewed them individually. i listened briefly to the commentary track and to be honest the style of humour isn't for me (it reminded me of beavis and butthead) i didn't download disc 4 so i can't comment on that disc

More...

Back
Top Bottom