• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Fan Edits Season Four of Arrested Development in Chronological Order

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As seen at /Film:

http://www.slashfilm.com/fans-create-chronological-edit-of-arrested-development-4th-season/

The AV Club linked to Reddit user morphinapg, who not only edited the 15 episodes down to 11, but gave them new names. You can link to them all here.

Here’s morphinapg’s write up and explanation of the process.
I did as much as I could to make these feel like real episodes. I made sure to separate the episode by storylines, rather than looking for specific times. I also included the opening theme, which I modified myself, and also the “on the next Arrested Development” as well as the credits (although the credits for episodes 1-11 are just a repeat of S04E01′s credits).
I edited the narration to try to feel more natural when transitioning between scenes from different episodes. Sometimes I would cut narration or do a partial cut of it to make things feel nicer. For large scenes with multiple perspectives I would make sure to not have any duplicate things happening in the background, which did require a few cuts here and there, but nothing major. Most of that only happened in the police station scene, most other scenes were linear enough to easily be edited. I tried to keep as much original editing as possible, unless chronology required a split. The music does occasionally sound weird between edits, but for the most part I think the edits, and the episodes themselves, work pretty good for what I had to work with. I can’t 100% guarantee the accuracy of my ordering, but I feel like I did a pretty good job. I did allow occasional slight backtracking, if placed at the beginning of an episode, but it doesn’t affect the chronology very much.

eldiablosuizo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Powered through all of them in about a day and a half. The editing is really, really, really rough in points, but he was working with what he had. It was also super duper rewarding to watch all of the elements come together. Highly recommended viewing.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just looked and they're no longer available.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 said:
I just looked and they're no longer available.

No surprise there. Maybe the editor should be nudged this direction...

leeroy

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
is season 4 out on dvd then?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
leeroy said:
is season 4 out on dvd then?

no. It's only available via netfix at the moment. not sure how they are going to handle physical releases.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
no. It's only available via netfix at the moment. not sure how they are going to handle physical releases.

Netflix has announced that there would be a Blu-Ray/DVD release of House of Cards, one of their other original series. However, they haven't said if it would be rental only through their service or if it would be available through retailers. I'm guessing it will be the latter.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
They would be foolish to not sell physical copies.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
reave said:
They would be foolish to not sell physical copies.

It would be, but media companies do foolish things all the time.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Interesting, but I found Season 4 extremely satisfying and I feel like it would lose something in chronological order.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ron Howard tweeted that he's recording some new narration for the Season 4 Chrono Cut, and hints that there's new footage being shot as well.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's awesome and gratifying that the creators are actually working along the same lines as a fan edit. That's like Lucasfilm releasing a version of classic Star Wars that took its cues from Adywan.

MackerelSkyLtd

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
That's awesome and gratifying that the creators are actually working along the same lines as a fan edit. That's like Lucasfilm releasing a version of classic Star Wars that took its cues from Adywan.

Man, wouldn't that be amazing--they might even slip in some of those deleted scenes from Episode IV!

Top Bottom