• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

IFDB Review: Prometheus – Special Edition:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
First and foremost, it should be mentionned that I did enjoy the theatrical version of Prometheus for what it was meant to be : a big scale summer blockbuster movie. Of course, it had its flaws (silly dialogues, non-scientific behaviors, an exploding dead head and two protagonists running away from a giant croissant to name a few).When it came out on Blu-Ray, I watched it again but kept myself from watching the deleted scenes with the hope someone would come up with a “special edition”. As you may know, a couple of fanedits with the inclusion of the said deleted scenes as well as the viral videos have been released, and I’ve watched them all. What they have in common is that indeed a lot of things were added, not much was cut. And part of what was added was sometimes unfinished scenes/effects...And then came Agent 9’s Special Edition! Wow, just wow! Not only did he fix the flaws mentionned in my introduction, but he also took the time and effort to complete the unfinished effects of certain deleted scenes and include them in his edit brilliantly! I don’t want to give anything away so I’ll only say this: anyone who watches the edit should “stay tuned” to the very end of the credits, for there’s an exhaustive list of cuts/additions/modifications that made me go “Oh true, that line of dialogue is gone!” or “True again, the exploding head is gone too!”. Speaking of credits, I also very much liked the new opening credits...closer to the mood set in Alien.One more thing: this edit truly shows the work of a professional, for I did not spot any sound of picture problem (not meaning there is none, I simply did not notice any).Phenomenal! This is my definite version of Prometheus that I’ll watch again and again! I don’t see how could anyone could do any better than this!

More...

Back
Top Bottom