• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Lord of War (Strictly Business)

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
LORD OF WAR -STRICLTY BUSINESS by Gekko

The edit:
Perfect. I found no glitch, no flaw, no plothole. The story of Yuri Orlov works incredibly well, with the dumb love affair gone and the boring drug problems of his brother a lot reduced. In fact this was the movie as I would loved to have seen it in the first place. Strictly business, a little bit funny, full of drama and conflict and with a mood, where it gets hard to decide, which opinion is the right one or the wrong one. This is a very good and entertaining fanedit that improves the original movie IMO a lot. I recommend watching this. Although the movie is still no masterpiece and will not be legendary, probably even not as a fanedit, it still is NOW a real good movie with a genuine mood. I love my Nicky Cage. :)

editing: 5 of 5,
entertainment: 5 of 5

Image quality:
THe conversion to h264 did cost a tiny little bit of sharpness, still the image quality, especially for a fanedit is superb.
video quality: 5 of 5

Audio quality:
Now the audio was reduced to 128bit stereo, which shows a bit, but is not destracting at all. There are no audio flaws at all, which is a relief compared to so many other fanedits.
audio: 4 of 5

The DVD:
Well, I created it myself, so I cannot rate it.

resulting in a 5 of 5 overall rating from me. This is an awesome fanedit and shows a lot of talent and expertise from the faneditor GEKKO. I was really impressed in watching such a professional work of art. Now if only he would produce DVDs instead of h264 and especially audio with higher bitrate, I would be perfectly happy. But you can't have it all, right? ;-)

I always wanted to see that. I think I'll pick up a copy & download this one. I'm definitely a Cage fan. I prefer that actors be compelling rather than diverse.

well, I myself am a fan of the diversity. i havent seen this movie. Some of Cage's movies I have really loved. but others... ...I can only take so much of Nick Cage saves the day. I will give this flick a chance, and then check out gekko's edit since he is getting such high reviews

thanks for the positive review. always nice to hear when someone enjoys your work. :)

I'm definitely a fan of this edit. I would say that this edit definitely puts Lord of War into the small group of Nick Cage's good movies.

by geKKo
What is it about? This is just an alternate cut that leaves out the Ava Fontaine (Bridget Moynahan) character. With Ava out of the picture, the relationship between Yuri and Vitaly carries more weight. Yuri's narration carries this movie from beginning to end, so it's pretty simple to follow even with the jumps in time.

Tagline: Where there's a will, there's a weapon.

Original film name: Lord of War
New film name: Lord of War (Strictly Business)
Film studio name: Lions Gate
Edit crew name: geKKo
Date original film was released: September 16, 2005
Date edit was released: September 20, 2007
Original runtime: 1h 56m (without credits)
New runtime: 1h 29m
Amount of time Cut/Added: 27 minutes

Cuts removed/added/extended:
- Removed all references to Ava Fontaine.
- Reduced Vitaly's drug addiction storyline.
Fanedit details:

* Video: 720 x 344, H.264, 2000kbps
* Audio: 48kHz, AAC, 128kbps, Stereo

DVD conversion:

NTSC 2.35:1, AC-3 5.1 audio, animated menus, scene selection, gekko's fanedit list, cover art

Your intention for this fanedit:
Keep the focus on the gun running business.

Hardware and software information:
Final Cut Pro 6

Additional Comment:
This is just an alternate cut that leaves out the Ava Fontaine (Bridget Moynahan) character. With Ava out of the picture, the relationship between Yuri and Vitaly carries more weight. Yuri's narration carries this movie from beginning to end, so it's pretty simple to follow even with the jumps in time.
Time needed for the edition:
3 days

persons involved:
geKKo

Additional information links:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0399295/

3D_lord_of_war_cover_by_boon23.jpg

Back
Top Bottom