• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

IFDB Review: Prometheus: Giftbearer:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just recently watched this edit, and I have to say I didn’t see why everyone was giving it huge props. Actually think most of the time people like something cause its new, but that doesn’t always make it good. The opening is too long and boring, the Viral clips used where good yes, and I understand the inclusion of the TED video, which I liked, but the Noomi phone call video, wasn’t a good choice and it wasn’t ever suppose to be part of the movie, it was her screen test. The title sequence was blah, and didn’t give credit to anyone not even the director Ridley Scott. In your breakdown you explain why you took things out but some of it was like why? I don’t think you understood all the characters, like Weyland; for example: Weyland saying “What happens when we die.” Sure they didn’t find anything there that had to do with that, but Weyland was hoping they would, hence one of the reasons why they spent 11 trillion dollars to get out there.. But then you leave in the whole David looking at her dreams… Why? What point does that serve to the overall plot of the story, there's no big reveal to why this is important? The inclusion of the deleted footage was good, and definitely builds the characters, but they looked so out of place, it was like watching a work print. They where all smoked over and green, didn’t look like they where colored at all, and every time one came on, it threw me right of the picture. I watched this with a friend and even he asked “Why does it look so different?”. The volume of those added sequences was off also by about 6db. The dream / flash back sequence was just not for me, it just doesn’t progress the story any. In the beginning I was happy you got rid of those scene’s, but then you added them back in.. bored again… The editing was good on the cuts though, and some of the audio work that you did was nice. Though in the Shaw vs Engineer scene you didn’t add any extra sound in that sequence except music so it felt a bit out of place, an again felt more like a work print. I understand where you where going with this edit, and if your new to editing, then you did a good job with your cuts and some of your audio work, but when your adding clips that haven’t been mastered, you need to look at your levels and balance all the audio. Another thing you need to do is try your best to color correct the sequences to match the overall look of the film, premade filters don’t cut it. If you don’t know how to color correct, ask someone on the boards, or look up how to read Color Curves, CMY, RGB levels. And always remember pacing, stop; take a look at it; even if its good and you like it, pace it out and see how it feels, if your not sure, have a friend watch it, sometimes even if its good, it just doesn’t fit, or it doesn’t fit there. Sorry...

More...

Back
Top Bottom