• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: THE SECOND COMING

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Back in 1998, Richard Hatch (Capt. Apollo of the classic BSG) independantly produced a 5 minute trailer called Battlestar Galactica:The Second Coming in hopes of convincing Universal to let him produce a revival continuation tv series.

The trailer starred many of the original series actors and featured cutting edge CGI. Unfortunately, Universal opted to go with Ronald Moore's reimagining version of Galactica and Hatch ended up losing his house which he mortgaged to produce to the trailer! :-(

As far as I know the trailer has only been seen by fans at special conventions attended by Hatch.

My question is, does anyone at all out there have a copy of this trailer???
As a huge Galactica fan I would love to see this....

Can anyone help????????? :smile:

After years of searching... here it be.

Well, a rather crappy copy of it filmed with a handycam that is.

The CGI demo reel included features a lot of cool scenes as well, and isn't crappy quality. There's actually snippets of the video up all over the place in higher quality, but not enough to recreate a decent version of it.

Well, at least you can look upon it with fond memories. ^_^

http://dl.btjunkie.org/torrent/Batt...d972cdd4112fa6dffad081c0f929/download.torrent

BTW, this JUST went up... like... recently.

One of my professors was on the lighting crew of this project, a friend of his (Jay Woelfel) directed it. He screens it for his classes every now and then, but unfortunately doesn't let anyone borrow it because of the contracts he signed.

Yeah, one of my local effects guys knows someone who worked on it as well... but wasn't able to obtain a copy there either.

It's a shame they never finished the pilot... which is where the majority of the Trailer footage is from. They shot a hell of a lot of it, as you can find clips not used in the trailer on the actors and director of photography's demo reels.

At this point I'm just stoked to have the crappy copy of it. ^_^

Back
Top Bottom