• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
the first trailer for the new upcoming TV series has been released:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0yg_jaOPV_E[/video]
Very Cool trailer. Color me interested so far but we will see. Since this is taking place after the Avengers (Marvel said so) and Coulson is now alive again, i am really curious on how they will explain his "resurrection" (I just hope it is not something too far fetched and stupid). Also i am pretty sure that dude jumping out the window was Luke Cage! Lets hope this lives up to Whedon's other great shows.

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
yeah that looks like Luke Cage. if it is, that is awesome. wonder if we'll see SHIELD run into Frank Castle. since MARVEL has the rights again.

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Punisher deserves his own +17 show IMO

yads

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looking good. Let's hope it gets commissioned for a full 22 episodes.

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
g1orkatsos said:
The Punisher deserves his own +17 show IMO

think it could be a good way of at least introducing the character. yeah, it'd be awesome if it were to get a more +17 show. another show that'd be awesome to get would be a Daredevil one.

Mike Kerns

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I hope now that Joss is getting the respect he deserves, they'll give him a long chain to develop the story with this one. Regardless, good to see Whedon back on the small screen.

juice4z0

Reaction score
Trophy Points
One thing i noticed other than the time slot for this is that Joss has a very specific type of looking women he likes to cast. I saw a summer lookalike and the chick in the thumbnail looks alot like a young Eliza

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
juice4z0 said:
One thing i noticed other than the time slot for this is that Joss has a very specific type of looking women he likes to cast. I saw a summer lookalike and the chick in the thumbnail looks alot like a young Eliza

I agree she looks like Echo!
This is kind of a stretch, but the lady that played Maria Hill looks similar to the lady who played Inara on Firefly.

...Siiiiiiiiimilar, not the same.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
MING NA! One of the most beautiful women in the WORLD! :hail:

emphatic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
And Charles Gunn from Angel! He had a gig as a villain on Arrow, but seeing him in a hero role is well deserved. That guy's cool, yo.

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This looks very impressive. Big admirer of Whedon's work, so can't wait to see this.

ImperialFighter

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I caught this little preview on tv a little earlier here in the U.K. Looking forward to seeing how this show plays out.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
juice4z0 said:

You weren't the only one to notice that. I thought....hmmm, did he cast her because he couldn't get Dushku? True to form, he has British characters in it as well.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
THUMBS UP!!!

A solid and entertaining pilot episode. The right balance of drama, mystery, action and humor. Nice references to the Marvel Cinematic Universe while still working well on it's own. Brett Dalton as Ward feels like the only kind of bland/miscast character to me. But that may change as the series progresses. But Clark Gregg steals the show. I had a lot of fun watching and eagerly look forward to next week's adventure.

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
well... that was.... average...

Agent Coulson there is not enough road!
Roads? Where we go we don't need roads!

Let's see what happens but it looks pretty much TV-writing 101.
Mandatory dark pasts hinted at for all the beautiful actors and moral speech at the end...
I didn't think it was bad but a bit lazy imo

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sunarep said:
Let's see what happens but it looks pretty much TV-writing 101.
Mandatory dark pasts hinted at for all the beautiful actors and moral speech at the end...
I didn't think it was bad but a bit lazy imo

I really liked it but I agree it did feel like Wheadon's vision is being diluted by the Disney filter. I hope it does not become one of those shows with too many executives cooking in the kitchen. But pilots are often weak compared to the series proper. The next couple episodes should give us a better indication of the tone and complexity of the show.

Top Bottom