• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

More film Director approved praise for fanedit

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am taking this to be legitimate. A friend of mine is sharing my "Dead Heat: the Norwegian composite" extended edit on Cinemageddon. He received this comment about it relayed from the director of the film Mark Goldblatt--enjoy

Hey, (censored name), I thought you would be interested to know that I shared a copy of this with the film's director, Mark Goldblatt, who's a friend of mine. He was VERY happy to receive it and thanks you for all the hard work you put into creating it.

This is what he wrote me when I first told him about it: "I had no idea that this Norwegian alternate t-v version existed. It sounds like it's possibly padded out for a longer running time. The 'odd flashbacks' had to have been created in Norway since the only flashback that ever existed in the film was the 'Death Day Party' dream scene which was deleted in the final version for creative reasons. I'm especially interested in the restored scenes that were presented as extras on the Anchor Bay version, but from a work-print source. My memory on this is a little hazy, since I'm unsure if we actually made an answer print of the original version that we first previewed, before addressing studio notes with additional edits, tightenings, and deletions. We must have done, since that's the only way the Norwegian version would contain more pristine images than the work-print source would produce. But how did the Norwegians get access to the deleted negative?? Very puzzling."

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice! Well done dude :)

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks! Yeah the film really is a bit under the radar. I never heard of it until this project was going to take place. It is a shame too, since it is one of the better 1980's horror films. Somehow it got lost in the shuffle. Either way I was very happy to get that comment sent over to me

Cactus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That is very cool, and when even the director doesn't know where the footage comes from, that's even cooler. :D

Top Bottom