If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

More film Director approved praise for fanedit
I am taking this to be legitimate. A friend of mine is sharing my "Dead Heat: the Norwegian composite" extended edit on Cinemageddon. He received this comment about it relayed from the director of the film Mark Goldblatt--enjoy

Hey, (censored name), I thought you would be interested to know that I shared a copy of this with the film's director, Mark Goldblatt, who's a friend of mine. He was VERY happy to receive it and thanks you for all the hard work you put into creating it.

This is what he wrote me when I first told him about it: "I had no idea that this Norwegian alternate t-v version existed. It sounds like it's possibly padded out for a longer running time. The 'odd flashbacks' had to have been created in Norway since the only flashback that ever existed in the film was the 'Death Day Party' dream scene which was deleted in the final version for creative reasons. I'm especially interested in the restored scenes that were presented as extras on the Anchor Bay version, but from a work-print source. My memory on this is a little hazy, since I'm unsure if we actually made an answer print of the original version that we first previewed, before addressing studio notes with additional edits, tightenings, and deletions. We must have done, since that's the only way the Norwegian version would contain more pristine images than the work-print source would produce. But how did the Norwegians get access to the deleted negative?? Very puzzling."
STILL AVAILABLE- only 2 left Fanedit.org skateboards
for skating or decoratvie purposes- shoot me a PM
probably never coming soon:
Taxi Driver in a Damaged Brain, EL Topo: ripping the guts out and
Escape from Doomsday: 2019
Nice! Well done dude Smile
'Today a young man on acid realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves'

Bill

Guybrush: Im looking for 30 dead guys and one woman.
Cannibal: I dont want to hear anymore about it.

Ahhh The Cuttlefish & Asparagus or The Vanilla Paste?
-Chinese guy
Very cool Smile
"Always in motion is the future"
My instagramMy BLog - All my fanedits at IFDB - Q&A with TMBTM (from 2012) 
Thanks! Yeah the film really is a bit under the radar. I never heard of it until this project was going to take place. It is a shame too, since it is one of the better 1980's horror films. Somehow it got lost in the shuffle. Either way I was very happy to get that comment sent over to me
STILL AVAILABLE- only 2 left Fanedit.org skateboards
for skating or decoratvie purposes- shoot me a PM
probably never coming soon:
Taxi Driver in a Damaged Brain, EL Topo: ripping the guts out and
Escape from Doomsday: 2019
That is very cool, and when even the director doesn't know where the footage comes from, that's even cooler. Big Grin
Currently editing (and maybe even finishing):
Shaun of the Dead (Exacerbated Edition)
very cool, tranzor. thanks for sharing!
that's bad ass dude. nice work otta you.
Firstling attempt coming soon. i hope.
That there is awesome. Nice one.
Hey, look friend, let's just cut the shit. Now we both know why I was transferred. Everybody thinks I'm suicidal, in which case, I'm f***ed and nobody wants to work with me; or they think I'm faking to draw a psycho pension, in which case, I'm f***ed and nobody wants to work with me. Basically, I'm f***ed.
That is great news to me!
This is amazing, nothing is impossible. Also that sure is an obscure movie indeed.
Jurassic Park ///: The Survivalist Cut.
http://www.fanedit.org/forums/showthread...post191377