If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Poll: Which is better?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I own a BD player.
100.00%
1 100.00%
I own an HD-DVD player.
0%
0 0%
I own BOTH formats!
0%
0 0%
I hate them all.
0%
0 0%
I don't own an HD format, but if I did it would be BD.
0%
0 0%
I don't own an HD format, but if I did it would be HD-DVD.
0%
0 0%
I don't own an HD format, I'm waiting to see which prevails.
0%
0 0%
I don't own either but I'd probably buy both when the time comes.
0%
0 0%
I'm an undecided patron.
0%
0 0%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

BD Vs HD-DVD
it is in the uk
No it isn't. Read the official documentation:

http://www.playstation.com/manual/pdf/P ... -1.5_1.pdf

and go to page 19. Here's what the "R4" version looks like:

[Image: ps3regionsvm7.png]

Notice "Playstation®3 format BD-ROM"? Sony has "encourraged" the games to be released region-free on the PS3, but essentially it's the same as Microsoft's Xbox-360, and DVD, and blu-ray ... region coding is optional but not manditory. It's also worth noting that in the UK (and here in Aus) the PS3 does not play ANY NTSC PSX or PS2 games - so much for "region free".
im talking about the games not the bluray films
So am I, read the manual.
http://www.voodish.co.uk/articles/can-t ... y-hd-dvds/
I'm waiting for a the solidstate memory cube format that will come in about ten years. I don't want any moving parts in my players anymore - they make too much noise.
Greetings from The Humungus! The Lord Humungus! The Warrior of the Wasteland! The Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla!
KICK ASS! another blow to hd dvd,Warner Bro's is going to be exclusive Bluray now,there hd dvd line will end by the end of May,now this is great news.
the only movie we Bluray guys are missing is Transformers,and I really hope they release that someday.
bluray FTW

it is inevitable so start buying your players now! Smile

i'm just waiting for criterion to switch to bluray to make it in-the-bag.
Kick ass ? All blu prices will go up, if you fancy buying region coded movies at 40 $ a pop, good to you, I'm off buying 50% of the available discs with identical content to Blu, at 8 $ or 10 $ a pop Smile
all Bluray prices will go up?

where have you been,do you have a Bluray player,I am seeing some very nice prices and these sets,Resident Evil Trilogy $50.00
I got all the Harry Potter Bluray Discs for $18.00 a piece,that is only $3.00 more than the standard DVD,and the Close Encounters Bluray set was very low in price too,it was only $4.00 more than the standard,and even came with the OST.

so I have no idea where you are getting this from.