• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: Pulp Empire:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just finished watching this and all I have to say is, if Epic and Awesome had a child it would be called Pulp Empire. I'm not a huge Star Wars guy, to me they're just another set of movies, so it takes a lot to get my attention when it comes to a Star Wars edit. TMBTM did it with A New Hope Grindhoused, and now NJVC's done it with Pulp Empire. The idea of breaking down The Empire Strikes Back into chapters, ala Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill and Inglourious Basterds, and replacing the score with songs from and inspired by Quentin Tarantino's library of films was genius. Not only does it completely change the look and feel of the film, it also changes the tone of it as well. You might ask yourself, "Isn't the use of songs from Tarantino's movies going to be distracting? I mean, these are songs that you automatically associate with the various movies that they're from. Isn't it going to take you out of the movie.". In short? Fuck no, dude! lol The use of these songs only helps cement the feel of a Tarantino movie. A few of the non-Tarantinoverse songs did seem to be a strange choice, but they worked really well with the scenes they were added to. I'll be honest, the first chapter in the film was a bit slow, but when Chapter 2 starts you'll be glued to your seat. The opening credits were awesome, and I loved the character introductions and hero moments. The use of "Down In Mexico" for Bobba Fett's scenes was pure genius. And like BionicBob, I too thought that the final chapter was a masterpiece. In fact when the song "Old Man" starts and the film moves into a Luke/Anakin montage I got goosebumps. The animated sequence was a nice touch as well. I cannot recommend this edit enough. This is the first NJVC edit I've seen and it is clear to me that this man is a master of the craft. Download and watch with confidence my young padawans, for you will not be disappointed. And if you are I only have one thing to ask. What the fuck is wrong with you? lol Seriously though, congratulations on an amazing edit NJVC. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

More...

Top Bottom