• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Deep Space Nine

daveytod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For those in the UK, Virgin Media launched a new digital TV channel this week (153 on Sky), and starting with the pilot tonight they are showing every episode of Deep Space Nine.

I used to love this show and got totally sucked in by the whole Dominion War plot but for some reason or another stopped watching during the 5th season so I'm really looking forward to this journey.

So if you're new to the best Star Trek show to ever be made, or just wanna relive some classic episodes, then hop on and enjoy the ride with me.....

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
dude, i?m totally with you. that was great tv entertainment. it definitely hit it when worf entered the game. that was like seven of nine for voyager... i never liked the bajorians or however those funny earring borenuts where called...

the dominion blew it except for the cheesy in between episodes. you will definitely like the rest of the episodes...

daveytod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
looking forward to it, altho if i remeber right theres a lot of rubbish episodes in those first 2 seasons

daveytod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
episode 2 was last night (Emissary pt. 2), and knowing whats to come, I love the way the Odo mentions he was found in the area of the wormhole and has no idea where he's from or who his people are. A nice bit of foreshadowing that shows the writers had the bigger picture in mind from the start

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For Freeview viewers, Virgin 1 is on ch 20.

daveytod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
last nights episode - 'A Man Alone'

pretty standard mystery fare...knew straight away that the bajoran would die and Odo would get blamed. Then fell asleep!!

daveytod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Tonights episode, 1.4 - Babel

Synopsis: "During a crisis involving the replicators, the station's crew is afflicted with an airborne virus causing aphasia. Everyone talks nonsense until Bashir realizes that the virus was engineered by a Bajoran terrorist attempting to sabotage the formerly Cardassian station, and tracks down the people who can create an antidote."

again, pretty average, just had a look through a trek site's episode guide n it looks like I've gotta wait a while to get to the good stuff

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
daveytod said:
again, pretty average, just had a look through a trek site's episode guide n it looks like I've gotta wait a while to get to the good stuff

the real stuff starts with season 4. although season 3 has its moments since the dominion is introduced.

Wait until ?Way of the Warrior? is aired... We are getting less boring bajorans as well...

daveytod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I remember Way Of The Warrior...thats da shit right there

daveytod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
1.5 'Captive Pursuit'

Synopsis: "Deep Space Nine becomes the site of a struggle between the captive Tosk, bred to be hunted, and the race which pursues them for sport. O'Brien helps Tosk escape against Sisko's direct orders, but security is notably slow in pursuing him."

The best episode since the pilot, with the ugliest dabo girl ever in the opening scene :D

daveytod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Tonights episode was the season 2 finale "The Jem'Hadar".........

Now THAT's what I'm talking about........how good was that? Very!

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
yes. bringing the dominion into the game was the best idea of the series...almost as good as bringing a big breasted borg to the voyager crew...

:)

so now you?re going for season 3. that?s going to be a treat...

daveytod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
and tonights episode, the season 3 opener, contnues what was, at the time, a new standard in Star Trek shows

beckmen

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I feel like I am pretty close to renting the DVDs and re-living the show. Maybe after the holidays. I did thoroughly enjoy it.

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Always been a big Niner. (Jeez, what a nerd!)

I've always maintained that the season 5 finale + season 6 opener (comprising 7 episodes) are the best Trek film ever made. I've often though about editing them together.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think that DS9 holds a lot of stuff worthy of fanedit movies, especially when later on battling the dominion.

Type12point

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can't believe it--more Deep Space Niners.!

I am simply in awe that anybody ever liked this show. I only remember it as the point at which my watching Star Trek became infrequent at best.

But whenever I hear fans of the show talk about what they love about it, one of the top things they mention is the overwhelming story arc. And I'm just not a big "massive, serpentine story arc" kinda of guy, I guess.

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I understand that you didn't care for DS9, but being in awe that someone may have enjoyed it? Seems a little over the top, don't you think?

Top Bottom