• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

IFDB Review: Star Trek: Bugs:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am a big fan of both the original Star Trek show and the Starship Troopers film, so when i saw there was a fanedit that crossed both over, i was weary of the mashing up of both. It's safe to say that this mix of both was surprisingly good and a refreshing idea. There was a noticeable difference in quality both audio wise and visually between the ST: TOS footage and the Starship Troopers footage, since there was a 30 year difference. The editor also reused some of the footage from Starship Troopers in certain places, but i would expect that from a low budget show like Star Trek, so i was willing to go with it. The only real major problem i had was the Starship Troopers footage seemed to be squished, as if it weren't properly cropped. Maybe some re-editing would help with some of the rough edges. I was also surprised the DVD came with a short film called "Nazi's In Space" with making of/outtakes and a trailer for Time Messerschmitt. The short was a interesting watch and a neat addition. Since both Star Trek: The Original Series and the Starship Troopers trilogy are now on Blu-Ray, i would love the editor to come back or have another editor to redo this fanedit done in the style of the blu-ray releases of the original series, and be able to switch between the original effects and the enhanced effects. It would help smooth out some of my complaints. If i had to recommend this edit, i would. Simply because its an interesting watch.

More...

Back
Top Bottom