• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Pulp Empire

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
pulpempiredvdcover.jpg

Original film title: The Empire Strikes Back
Fanedit film title: Pulp Empire
Date Original Film Was Released: 1980
Date Fanedit Was Released: May the 4th, 2013
Original Runtime: 127 minutes
New Runtime: 89 minutes

Intention: To take The Empire Strikes Back and remix it, using songs from and inspired by the films of Quentin Tarantino. 100% of the score has been replaced, as well as overdubbing Yoda with Pai Mei, from Kill Bill Volume 2.
There are many visual nods to Tarantino as well, but in no way is this intended to be a new Tarantino film! It's intended as a fun homage to one of my favourite filmmakers, and a remix of one of the best films ever made. Steering away from the Tarantino vibe, I have also included a hero moment for most of the main characters. Hope you enjoy it!

Version.2, May 2014:
  • 5.1 Surround Sound Remixed edition, featuring better integration of the new soundtrack, almost all John Williams 'spill' removed, and many other audio fixes, including noise removal from Yoda's redubbed dialogue.
  • Restoration of original Pulp Empire ending, which leaves Luke's fate unresolved.
  • Alternate Mix by L8wrtr, including some new music choices.
  • Commentary track by njvc and L8wrtr

Version 2 Release Info:
  • 4GB 720p MKV (USB friendly)
  • 4.7GB DVD
  • 25GB Bluray

Changes Made:
1) Replaced 100% of the soundtrack.
2) Added a number of visual references to Tarantino movies
3) Given each main character a hero moment/montage
4) Rebuilt the sound effects from scratch in many scenes to allow for the music replacement and to manage spill as much as possible.
5) Created a non-linear structure, split into complete chapters (Inspired by Kill Bill Volume 1)
6) Replaced Yoda's dialogue with Pai Mei (Kill Bill Volume 2)
7) Replaced the Millenium Falcon's engine with Stunt Man Mike's from Death Proof

Editing Software: Premiere Pro CS6, Encore CS6, DVDFab, Bigasoft Audio Converter

Bonus Features: Fanedit Trailers, About this Edit Featurette

Release Details:
BD25
DVD5
MKV 720p

Trailer:

BD artwork:

pulpempirebdcoveranddis.jpg

DVD artwork:

pulpempiredvdcaseanddis.jpg

Special Thanks:
1) Neglify, Gatos, g1orkatsos, TMBTM and Blueyoda for previewing and providing great feedback.
2) To everyone in the forums who gave suggestions over the past year. Many of those ideas are in the final cut, so thank you for chipping in!

May the 4th be with you!

fist pump!

\\m// \\m//
|| . . ||
|| __ ||

Yes! Yes! Yes! This kicks all kinds of ass.

Congrats on finishing! Looking forward to watching this one!!!! :)

Impressive...most impressive.

I've got a bad feeling about this...

I LITERALLY JUST SHAT MY PANTS! (Could not hold in my excitement.)

Congrats on finishing! And let me be the first to congratulate you on winning FEOTM and FEOTY.

What? You think something's going to top this awesome piece of awesomeness? :lol:

Frantic, Jack and Jill extended has those awards covered.

Tip: see the edit first... This may not be the mashup you are looking for. You can go about your business. Move along.

njvc said:
Frantic, Jack and Jill extended has those awards covered.

If Jack And Jill wins those awards I'll give up any hope for humanity. :lol: Oh who am I kidding? The fact that the movie was even made is enough reason to give up hope for humanity.

Also, Jack And Jill is in the running for the April FEOTM while Pulp Empire will be in the running for the May FEOTM so you've definitely got it in the bag. There's still a long while to go for the FEOTY Awards, so even if you don't win you'll definitely be a very top contender.

njvc said:
Tip: see the edit first... This may not be the mashup you are looking for. You can go about your business. Move along.

I have been extremely impressed with everything I've seen so far so it'll very hard to disappoint me. ;)

Frantic Canadian said:
I have been extremely impressed with everything I've seen so far so it'll very hard to disappoint me. ;)

I know from personal experience that great clips do not a great edit make. :oops:

Having said that, I'm very much looking forward to this. I'm gonna even try to watch it before the end of June so I can vote for it.

JEDIT: What Great Clips does make is a meh haircut, which is perfect for me!

geminigod said:
Whew! Thank you for sharing.

Well, considering njvc just responded to me it was worth it. (And why did my post need to be edited, Neglify?)

-

Back
Top Bottom