• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Sony Vegas vs. VLC

moviegeek71

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I installed Sony Vegas and now some of my audio/video files are not associated with VLC anymore.

My files use to be opened with VLC by default but now Vegas opens them.

How can I set VLC to open all my audio/video files again?

All I see is a master reset to default but I only want to find the association settings.

Since this isn't an editing question, thread has been moved to Other Tech Help.

Just right click on one of the files and associate it with VLC.

right click, "open with," choose VLC, click the "always use this with this file type" box, OK. or something like that.

That would be a lot of file types to have to associate manually, I know there is a setting in VLC to associate ALL files because I seen it when I installed it.

Back
Top Bottom