• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

"Watchmen: Midnight" fanedit to have a public screening!

Flix Capacitor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
geminigod said:
That all sounds awesome!!!! Look forward to checking out your updated version.

Great! I hope to release it soon. Some significant changes ahead but all good ones :)

Sunarep said:
yes!
Watchmen midnight is easily the best Watchmen version out there!

Thanks! That means a lot.

mrjerm

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looking forward to this. From the original movie, I really want the director's cut DVD, but it's out of print.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey [MENTION=15368]Flixcapacitor[/MENTION] how'd it go?

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
tell us about da hawt chicks, flix.

Flix Capacitor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey everyone, StarFest was a lot of fun and the screening went very well. Several events were going on at the same time and people would come into the screening late, but I estimated about 30-35 audience members during the 3.5 hours :)

On Friday afternoon before the screening I also had the opportunity to give a talk in one of the convention rooms about fanediting in general and show a sneak peak of my edit. The title of the seminar was "Fan Editing 101" and it was interesting because fanediting was completely new to many of those who attended (about 25 people). I talked about controversial film revisionism in Hollywood (George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, Francis Ford Coppola, etc.), introduced fanediting history beginning with The Phantom Edit, and then talked about FanEdit.org. I also emphasized that fanediting goes beyond Star Wars :) I think the audience initially confused fanediting with silly trailers and roughly cut together mashup vids on YouTube, so it was great to see their interest rise when I explained our dedication to professional quality alternate versions of feature films, DVD box art, HD releases, etc.

Photos of costumes and other activities at StarFest 2013 can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/Starfest.Convention/photos_albums

And here are some photos I took leading up to the screening of my fanedit -- they misspelled "Watchmen" on some of the electronic kiosks at the event but got it right on the printed program schedule that everyone received.

http://imgur.com/a/Mx0vk

Top Bottom