• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Matrix Revolutions: Reprogrammed

jerick

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This edit is no longer being supported, it can still be watched, downloaded, and enjoyed if fans wish to do so. The author has replaced this edit with a tighter more revisionist retelling of the Matrix sequels entitled: The Matrix Revolutions Decoded!

Tagline: "Choice is an illusion created between those with power and those without."

Information about this edit:

I'll always feel like the storyline of The Matrix sequels was poorly told, but I am convinced that these movies did in fact have a strong story hidden underneath. Themes of control, power, science, faith, purpose vs programming, man vs machine, choice vs causality all resonate strongly in sequels to "The Matrix" but are unfortunately lost among a sea of unnecessary sequences, silly movie twists, and psuedoscience.

Purpose:

To create a 10th anniversary tribute to the Matrix sequels and reprogram these movies in such a way that they expound upon the themes and live up to the expectations set by the original Matrix film.

To create a singular spiritual successor to the original "The Matrix" film by combining "The Matrix Reloaded", "The Matrix Revolutions" and "Enter the Matrix" the video game in a way that is unique among other Matrix fanedits.

To alter character motivations and outcomes that weaken the overall plot of the original films.

To not disturb the original story structure to the extent that the movie feels like an edit.

Release information:

Single 25GB Disk Bluray 5.1 Audio

720p edition on Vimeo (password is fanedit)

Full Movie Can Be Found Here:

password is 'fanedit'
https://vimeo.com/album/2383227

Trailer:

Change List:

Click the spoiler for a list of the most notable changes

Section 1: The Machines Are Coming (begins with the start of film, ends after burly brawl)

Reprogrammed title added to opening title sequence

Opening of the movie following title sequence picks up immediately after "The Animatrix: The Last Transmission of the Osiris" ends using scenes from the "Enter the Matrix" video game. All added scene from "Enter the Matrix" have been upconverted to 1080p, color corrected, sharpened, and had a custom 5.1 surround sound mix added.

Neo's dream of Trinity dying has been removed and replaced with a vision of the machines digging their way to Zion

Neo and Trinity no longer speak of missing The Oracle

Neo no longer visits the old home of The Oracle

Removed some Nebuchanezzar docking footage for pacing

Neo no longer references Kid having saved himself and Kid no longer speaks of wanting to join the Nebuchadnezzar

Many Zion scenes have been reordered for better flow with the newly integrated scenes

Scene between Lock and Niobe has been added from "Enter the Matrix" video game to better explain the relationships between Niobe, Lock, and Morpheus

Lock's petty threats towards Morpheus have been cut, in my edit Lock doesn't hate Morpheus he just sees Morpheus as an obstuction to his efforts in defending Zion

Morpheus cuts Lock off mid sentence

Councilor Hamann is not seen until his prayer at the gathering

Makeout scene in the elevator has been reduced for pacing and sloppyness

"Where's my puss..." has been cut

Link and Zee's scene has been shortened in several places for pacing

Councilor Hamann's prayer has been shortened for pacing

Morpheus's "I remember" speech has been reduced by one I remember :)

The Zion rave sequence has been reduced including elimination of Neo's dream of Trinity dying

Much of the scene between Neo and Councilor Hamann has been cut for pacing

A scene from "Enter the Matrix" has been added explaining Lock's master plan to save Zion

Reduced the second scene featuring Link and Zee for pacing

The scene where Lock complains to Hamann about the Neb leaving Zion has been removed

Neo and Sereph's fight has been shortened in 2 places for pacing

Edits have been made to The Oracle and Neo's meeting including no talk about Neo's dreams or Trinity dying

Agent Smith's first meeting with Neo has been shortened slightly for pacing

The burly brawl has been shortened in 2 places for pacing

Section 2: Journey To Find The Truth (Begins after burly brawl, ends with the destruction of the Nebuchadnezzar)

Lock's first meeting with The Zion Council has been reduced in 2 places for pacing

Cut Neo seeing Rama-Kandra in the Merovingian's restaurant

The Merovingian doesn't tout the virtues of the French

Much of The Merovingian's speech has been reduced for pacing

Persephone kiss scene has been removed as well as her killing the random henchman

Several cuts during the highway chase have been made for pacing

Some footage of the machines digging has been removed due to it being used earlier in the movie

Added a scene of the Hammer crew and Bane from the "Enter the Matrix" video game to better tie the two movies together

Several cuts made to the sequences leading up to Neo getting to the door to the source, Neo doesn't ask Trinity to stay out of the Matrix, the pacing has been quickened, etc.

The failure of Lock's master plan to EMP the machines is shown during Neo's meeting with the Architect to better tie the two movies together

Neo's flight to save Trinity is reduced for pacing

Trinity doesn't get shot and her subsequent life saving procedure is removed

"The prophecy was a lie" conversation has been reduced for pacing

Neo doesn't have to save the crew from the sentinels, he has no power over machines in the outside world in this edit

Section 3: The Battle For Zion (begins after Neb is destroyed and continues to the end)

The next several scenes play out completely differently in this edit. The first hour of The Matrix Revolutions is completely removed and scenes are shown that depict Smith's virus spreading through The Matrix

Revolutions scenes that show the train station, The Merovingian, The Oracle, searching for The Logos, etc have all been removed completely and you'd never miss them :) well maybe Persephone...seriously though if you miss Persephone check out the easter eggs on the bluray...I won't let you down

Scenes are completely restructured so that the Hammer crew, the Logos crew, and the Neb crew can all regroup quickly after the Neb is destroyed

Neo has a vision of Smith assimilating the Oracle and taking over The Matrix, this is his reason for going to the machine city in this edit

Satii's lines have been reduced

The slow pan of the oracle's apartment has been reinserted from the beginning of the movie to serve this edit

Gloria Foster is restored briefly from "The Matrix" so that Smith can assimilate her. This edit was inspired by "The Matrix Hacked Reloaded". Mary Alice is not seen in this edit until the ending. This scene has been recolored to better match the coloring of Reloaded and Revolutions

Lock's second meeting with The Zion Council has been reduced in 2 places for pacing

The scene where Zee makes shells has been reduced in 2 places for pacing

Morpheus objecting to Niobe's plan has been cut for pacing

Trinity's reference to having spoken with The Merovingian is cut and another cut has been made from this scene for pacing

The scene where Neo says goodbye to Morpheus has been reduced for pacing

Several edits are made to Bane's long speech to keep Neo from being so dense

Bane and Neo's fight sequence has been reduced for pacing

Countless edits were made to the battle for Zion including but not limited to: all scenes with Zee and most of the infantry have been removed, Captain Mifune saves the day and opens the gate instead of Kid, action has been kept tight and intense, the battle quickly gets out of hand for humanity. This is my favorite sequence of edits and I hope you enjoy it!

Removed sequence where Lock chastises the Hammer crew for pacing

Removed Councilor Hamann's reference to Niobe speaking to The Oracle

Cut several scenes building up hopelessness for the finale to help with pacing, believe me things are already plenty desperate enough!

Some of the Logos flight to the machine city has been cut for pacing

Many cuts made to ensure Neo doesn't use telekinetic powers to stop the machines during their flight to the machine city

Neo doesn't instruct Trinity how to restart The Logos

Several cuts made to Trinity's death sequence so that she doesn't reference events that never happened

Several cuts made to Neo's walk to Deus Ex Machina for pacing

Several cuts made to the final Smith Neo battle. In my edit Neo wins out of his sheer force of will not to give up. He chooses to keep getting up and fighting which infuriates Smith into making his final mistake. Additional edits have been made to reduce unnecessary air flipping and silly effects

The Oracle does not speak through Smith

Councilor Hamann has been removed from the ending for pacing

The new Oracle is now seen for the first time, she explains what happened to her original shell in a special easter egg on the bluray!

Sereph is not seen in the ending

Special thanks and title cards added to the credits

jerick

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A preview sequence has been added to the original post.

Yorick

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks outstanding! Can't wait to see the finished product...

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
great concept!

I love matrix 2 and 3 (yes I am in the minority) and think the story told in the sequels is fantastic. looking forward to this edit

jerick

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the feedback all!

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks like some good creativity and editing here Jerick. That is an original way to handle the transition between the two movies.

jerick

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
geminigod said:
Looks like some good creativity and editing here Jerick. That is an original way to handle the transition between the two movies.

Thanks, I'm glad to see that the sequence works. It was one of the more difficult sections to figure out in this edit.

Yorick

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Do you know when it will be available for download?

jerick

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yorick said:
Do you know when it will be available for download?

I appreciate your enthusiasm but it's not quite ready yet. I'm working on the menus for the review copy this week. After that is done, I'll happily provide a download link for anyone who would be willing to write an early review of the film while it is waiting to be approved by the academy.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm very interested in what you're doing with the video game footage. How does the upscale look to your eyes? Is it a really big change in quality between that and the rest of the film or do the sources mesh well together?

jerick

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's noticeable but it doesn't distract me as the viewer. It looks the same way as any other fanedit that incorporates DVD quality deleted scenes on top of a 1080p film. The footage from "Enter the Matrix" really works wonders in bridging "The Matrix Reloaded" to "The Matrix Revolutions". The film in my opinion doesn't work without these extra scenes. I'll upload a sequence from the film this week that will include a scene from "Enter the Matrix" to give you all an idea of how it will look.

I'm really excited about how well the 5.1 mix has turned out btw, I hope you guys enjoy it.

jerick

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Two new preview videos have been added to the OP to demonstrate the use of the "Enter the Matrix" video game scenes. I expect purists to be critical of these additions but believe me when I say that these great scenes along with the others fit perfectly within this radical retelling of the Matrix sequels. Tell me what you think!

S

steFANedit

Looks like it's all more focused than before, which is a good thing. I've always thought that the original story was pretty good* only it wasn't told in a good way. The inconsistency in the sequels are really troublesome, it feels like they sometimes go all over the place# and writing and acting are atrocious at times + the action sequences that takes place in the matrix doesn't appear to be as dangerous as in the first movie (+inconsistency i.e. Morpheus being able to fight agent) don't know if everything could ever be fixed but at least it could be edited into a worthy sequel. I'm looking forward to this one.

*HACKED was interesting but ultimately not for me...
#the decision that parts of the story could only be found be watching Animatrix and playing Enter the Matrix were a bad one.

jerick

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The single 25GB bluray version of this edit has been submitted for academy approval. If anyone would like to provide an early review and feedback private message me and I'll provide you with the link.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Excellent. Your submission has been received and I alerted the Academy that it is up for approval. We'll stay in touch, if you ever have any questions shoot me a PM.

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just a suggestion / request: can you release this in DVD format as well. 25GB is a lot for an untested movie, and if it IS as good as it looks :), I for one would like to burn it to disk to watch on the home theatre setup - but I don't have a blu ray burner (and I'm sure not many do at present).

jerick

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I certainly don't mind building one, it's not going to take much more of my time than I've already wasted on this project :) My concern is that this 3 hour movie is going to look like complete garbage when burnt to a 4.5GB DVD. It is also one more release that I have to keep up with and make sure that it is online, etc.

BUT

I'm nothing if not humble towards anyone who would take time out of their day to watch my work. So this is what I'll do... I'll build a bare bones DVD (no menus etc.) and put it up on Rapidshare and anyone who wants to have that version is welcome to it. But I'm not going to maintain it, and if it falls off then someone that has already downloaded it will need to make it available again.

Fair enough?

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sounds good to me. PM me with the links when they're up and I'll grab it asap. :)

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jerick said:
My concern is that this 3 hour movie is going to look like complete garbage when burnt to a 4.5GB DVD.

That's a good reason to consider making a DVD9 instead of a DVD5.

Top Bottom