• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Rogues Alternate/Retro Cover/Poster thread/thread

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice Monster there!  I have to say, minus a lot of the details from the photo he has a little bit of a Peter Cushing look about him that I think is really cool.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Thanks musiced :)

About peter cushing, so what I drew looks more like peter and less like boris? Just wondering and to like guage what is working and what isn't ect. I still struggle with capturing likeness' I think, but I'm keeping at it. I certainly wouldn't mind drawing Frankenstein again. Wouldn't mind drawing Peter Cushing either.

Meanwhile:
ming%20drawing%20rogue_zpsjjg9sqxe.jpg~original

2783051-middleton.jpg

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Both Ming and Tarkin look REALLY good!  The Ming piece could be straight on an old timey poster.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Didn't quite get her likeness right:
frankensteins%20bride%20drawing%20rogue_zpsui95bjrf.jpg~original

BrideofFrankensteinCU.jpg

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's beautiful!  You really got her lips perfectly.  The eyes are spot on.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Thanks!

Women seem a lot more challenging to draw, one slightly misplaced line and the whole thing looks off, like maybe this looks more like Nicole Kidman than Michelle Pfeiffer?
catwoman%20drawing%20rogue_zpsgotpkz5g.jpg~original

references:
af3338f7b8dd7de5a3831fc4000ba73f.jpg

40f37bb430e77d3329686e3a2f11fcdb.jpg

bfd726cf371bd34f719fb8685be9ce68.jpg

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wicked%20witch%20of%20the%20west%20drawing%20rogue_zpsyvqurtyn.jpg~original

I noticed after scanning that parts of her lip line are invisible in the scan (scans from this sketchbook tend to be a bit bright), I have fixed this but don't feel like scanning it again, maybe later if someone wants me to I will.
I tilted the angle a bit, just seemed like the right thing to do.
latest

I guess cause one of my favorite pencils was getting really stubby (when I drew the frankenstein monster) I had to change how I was drawing/holding the pencil and without noticing till the catwoman drawing I've been drawing from the wrist instead of holding the pencil like how one does whilst printing which is what I've always done (I seem to recall reading that you are supposed to draw with the wrist but, you know, in one ear and out the other), makes drawing faces much easier/enjoyable. Like this:
blog-drawing-grip-2.jpg

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I stumbled across this fab site...

https://oldhollywoodincolor.com/

A guy uploading old movie lobbycards, colourising Hollywood photos, vintage film posters, memorabilia etc. I thought it'd be the kind of thing that'd interest you.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Thanks for posting @TM2YC, I love the colorized lobby cards, added to my favorites bar :cool:

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
Speakers ITW, one of them anyways:
speaker1_zps10rw4j93.jpg~original

speaker2_zpshhvhqtvb.jpg~original

Yes I am making them out of pine, I don't need a lecture, make 'em like you want IMO. Am using weather stripping around the back so the back cover will fit real nice. I'll make the bass sub box out of mdf however, I'm not completely stupid, but I'll try and wrap the mdf in pine so it matches the rest, or something...

Well I finished ^ that one, there is another one I can make to go with it (will have a pic soon, the first one looks sweet) but when I plugged it in it sounded kinda junk, no slouch with bass but mids sounded like shit and many S sounds are inaudible, I figured it was cause I didn't know what I was doing making the box, so I rebuilt two other speakers from spare boxes/drivers I had (this was supposd to be a b-day present for someone, now it will be a late present) and plugged those in, same shit as before, so I'm thinking the reciever/amp I was testing them with is no good anymore and maybe there isn't anything wrong with what I made, will have to do more tests using my main reciever and see if that makes a difference.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Yeah I fucked that up real good. 'Do not' I guess. Yoda in a dubbed Kung Fu voice with a superior inflection laughed at my attempt. It's not a bad drawing but it's not Cheesus Skywalker and I'm not gonna post it. But I think I'm gonna give it a go later, or just draw the second photo ^ instead.

Gardening has been taking up most of my time, I made a few flower boxes, one is real badass like a treasure chest with artwork painted around it and other fancy sh!t, but when I can I am working on a fan art thinger, something like this:
2bf6bc923abc4bfbb68148de99a91af7.jpg

Won't say more till finished lest I jinx myself again.

I think I've used up Do or Do Not, maybe, need a new motivational quote mantra, or maybe I shouldn't give up on it so easily
thinking-face_o_981883.jpg

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
"Prove it to yourself."

-Rudy

or

"Believe in your authentic swing."

-The Legend of Bagger Vance

?

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Is Rudy the title of the film?
Not sure if I've seen Bagger Vance, that the golfing movie with Will Smith?

I need to get myself some clear gesso to go over the wood I cut out/stained for the 'stele' before I can put the artwork and custom heiroglyphs/writing down, I made a figure for it too out of air dry clay and a simple tin skeleton to hold it together and painted it, looks like it was carved from lava rock by some royal satanic ancient dude, the figure just needs some kind of clear coat to protect it and give it a little shine.

959.jpg

wait, no

769c53eea35b411f0bec6344db1c7d6ecc7c022eed5ac7bb5b6ae4ebf07300a1.jpg

^ There we go!

Top Bottom