• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars: How Attack Of The Phantom Made Episode II Watchable

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cool article, although it's odd that Nichols' edits continue to get so much press when he hasn't done anything new in years and others have built off of his work so much since then.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
Cool article, although it's odd that Nichols' edits continue to get so much press when he hasn't done anything new in years and others have built off of his work so much since then.

That's just someone behind the times.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
RNKFanArt said:
The cover art used for The Phantom Edits covers were created by me back in 2004 and were used without my premission. I would have been totally cool with Rikter using my fan art if he had only asked first. It's not cool to try and pass somebody else's work off as your own.

You can see them here at my website.

http://rnkfanartblog.blogspot.com/2011/03/star-wars-complete-saga-poster-series.html

Mmm, I guess Ritker at least made the whole "DVD covert art" using only your posters as front pictures?
I totaly understand your point of view on this matter. The thing is: pictures posted on internet goes from sites to sites, you could find and download them via google image search and take them even without visiting the site they belong to, so maybe Rikter did not think it was a big deal to use them. But yeah, you have the right to drop a line about this if you don't like it, of course.
Maybe if your name is added at IFDB on the cover art credits everything would be fine enough?

RNKFanArt

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for respond so quickly. I've had this sort of thing happen before and it's usually not a big deal but considering this ended up in WIRED magazine credited to someone else is very annoying. I'm not angry at Ritker if he didn't know the source of the artwork. I'm flattered he thought it was good enough to use. Just adding my name would be fine with me.

Seems like you have a cool community here and if anybody is interested in using some of my fan at posters for cover art they're more then welcome to as long as the credit me.

Thanks.

RNK Fan Art
http://rnkfanartblog.blogspot.com/

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'll credit you for any artwork of yours. Send me a PM with the specifics of which covers use your poster and I'll make sure you're credited on the IFDB page.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Credit has been given to you with a link to your blog.

Top Bottom