• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Elvis - Suspicious Minds version

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Been trying to track this down for a while but I simply don't know enough about Elvis to make any head way with Google. I remember seeing concert footage of Elvis (pretty sure is was real footage as compared to a movie) singing Suspicious Minds where he basically breaks down on stage and is pretty much speaking directly to Priscilla and apologising.

I'm pretty sure it was near the end of his career but can't find it, anyone actually know which concert it was or even the film it might have come from?

Can't even find the damn clip on youtube so I'm prepared that it may be something I imagined.

Avid4D

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Think I've seen the concert you're talking about but wouldn't know where to get it. Personally, I think the 2010 remix video of Suspicious Minds is awesome. It's been created digitally, superimposing a silhouette of Elvis against a backdrop of Vegas inspired light effects. No Priscilla tears but worth checking out if you're a fan of The King!

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hmmm not sure, that reminds me of the fantastic 'That's the way it is' concert film from 1970, although I'm more familiar with the '2001 Special Edition' I saw at the cinema a decade ago. The version of SM from that is one of the greatest things ever recorded IMO...

^ Love the bit at 3.30 when he's flirting with the backing singer. That's him at the peak of his game I guess you're looking for something much later.

However if it's about "speaking directly to Priscilla and apologising" are you sure you don't mean a version of 'Always on my mind'?...

^ All the grain and dirt on that HD film is wonderful. Here it is again, this time intercut with home videos of Elvis and Priscilla...

BTW new deluxe 2014 version of 'That's the way it is' coming out later in the year on Blu-Ray apparently, yay!

917qMC66QEL._SL1500_.jpg

Avid4D

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice! My parents were rock 'n roll fans so I saw a lot of this growing up. And I think you're right, that's the one n0mArch might be talking about. The remix I was referring to is here, and I think a great homage to Elvis in a modern day way.

[video=youtube_share;e-NDXtDUcGQ]

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This thread reminds me of one of my favorite mashups, "Suspicious Minds" via Simple Minds' "Alive and Kicking":

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Are you sure it's him breaking down and apologizing? Because there's another one where he starts laughing uncontrollably.

HepcatB

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The one recording (no video) I know with him laughing uncontrollably on a live recording is a Vegas version of Are You Lonesome Tonight. It is officially released by now as "laughing version" and easy to find on YouTube etc. Don't know about talking to Priscilla. I do know the most infamous live concert is captured on a bootleg, er I mean import, called Desert Storm. I think it's from circa 1974. Among other unsavory moments, he rants about a Vegas collumnist who accused him of being "strung out" on drugs much of the time. Elvis responds in full denial & moral indignation mode, and threatens if he sees the writer on the street, he will "tear his tongue out by the roots!" A line with similar wording is delivered by Austin Butler in Baz Luhrmanns Elvis film, on a Vegas stage meltdown scene. Anyway that concert recording has lots of demented moments so it could include Elvis awkwardly addressing Priscilla from the stage.

Top Bottom